ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Most Miserable Fanbases

I can attest to 1 and 5
8 and 11 are truly a miserable bunch

17, even though theyre a cult, are typically too weird to be miserable, except when big brother in Austin enters the conversation

All I can say about this thread, is what this kid is saying
rutgersfinger.jpg

but there are some miserable people posting on TKR

When I saw the thread title I knew Mets, Jets, and Rutgers would all be near the top…only question was the order.

• Haha
Reactions: Section124
It's funny that 2008 rants about the Yankees thread as the dead zone but the Mets thread is 35k posts and 45 pages of throw up. Sometimes less is better!

I can attest to 1 and 5
8 and 11 are truly a miserable bunch

17, even though theyre a cult, are typically too weird to be miserable, except when big brother in Austin enters the conversation

Most people in the Northeast do'n't reaizewata blood feud that is

Three of the four five teams I support are on this list. If the Flyers ever make this list, time to say I truly am a miserable fan. But like most of us here, every year and every season we come back for more with high expectations.

These things are always just clickbait to stir the pot.
The kookier the better to get around

I didn't realize at the time, but one of the best days of my life was when I was put on the "Yankees" in Little League t-ball. I was a short-term Mets fan before that but made the switch because of being on the team.

I can't even imagine the annual pain of following up a Rutgers football season with Mets baseball. I guess it's isolated, independent pain, at least, since the Mets are so rarely playing meaningful games come September.

I didn't realize at the time, but one of the best days of my life was when I was put on the "Yankees" in Little League t-ball. I was a short-term Mets fan before that but made the switch because of being on the team.

I can't even imagine the annual pain of following up a Rutgers football season with Mets baseball. I guess it's isolated, independent pain, at least, since the Mets are so rarely playing meaningful games come September.
I'm in the Mets/Rutgers group. I don't drink or do drugs either. It's just entertainment.

Reactions: koleszar and fsg2
That's a superhuman pain tolerance level 😜

Rutgers FB makes me want to drink but since it's usually like 10 or 11 a.m., I abstain.
When I have a bad day at work during baseball season, I would think to myself that my day was better than being on the Mets. It's like that bumper sticker that says " A bad fishing is better than a good day at work."

Reactions: fsg2
Jets fans have experienced a lot of misery but the fans are not miserable.

There is positive energy at a Jets game - and ability to roll with the punches - is much higher than at a Rutgers game. Jets fans are very much “not entitled”.

Just my own perspective but lots of first hand experience.

I don’t think us Rutgers fans are miserable . The teams have been, but not the fans

Jets, Mets and Rutgers combo is the worst. It explains why they are always miserable. However, that's their F-ing problem
Those people deserve lifetime achievement awards for their ability to eat $hit year after year and like it

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
I don’t think us Rutgers fans are miserable . The teams have been, but not the fans
Hey, F you dude, we are miserable.

...kidding. I kid.

But seriously, we are very miserable when stacked against other fanbases. We may not be miserable in the "metro area", but definitely stacked nationally, we are.

Hey, F you dude, we are miserable.

...kidding. I kid.

But seriously, we are very miserable when stacked against other fanbases. We may not be miserable in the "metro area", but definitely stacked nationally, we are.
I actually think this a fanbase that is generally looking for positives. Despite all the losing

I actually think this a fanbase that is generally looking for positives. Despite all the losing
I think the majority of us do, but there is a group that is miserable even during times when we should be happy.

Pistons is a underrated miserable fanbase.

They gave Monty Williams 6y/$78m (richest coach contract ever), finished in last place and already considering replacing him after 1 year.

Reactions: Randal7
I think the majority of us do, but there is a group that is miserable even during times when we should be happy.
You have that with every fanbase .
Overall, our expectations are low and we celebrate things like the NIT and the Pinstink bowl . We still wax poetic about finishing 3rd in the Big East in 2006.
Thats why I don’t think we are miserable.

My cousin, a UT grad, is married to an A&M grad. Down there it's considered a mixed marriage.

They probably had to take the guests' guns away before the wedding.

We are definitely irrationally optimistic. Any shred of positivity we clutch to like golem and the ring. But, when things start to go awry we also absolutely lose our minds. We just eat our own too (see Mulcahy, Paul)

Pistons is a underrated miserable fanbase.

They gave Monty Williams 6y/$78m (richest coach contract ever), finished in last place and already considering replacing him after 1 year.
Yes! They also fought half the pacers and got their asses kicked but didn't care

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT