ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020 season

Everyone is going to be glad with the 3 batter minimum tonight otherwise I get the feeling that we'd see 25 pitchers combined tonight.

At least it looks like the Yanks should have the advantage tonight. Momentum plus Cole on 3 vs Glasnow on 2. Would be surprised if the Yanks make the Astro's series a short one. Have to give you guys a lot of credit after how the season ended.

At least it looks like the Yanks should have the advantage tonight. Momentum plus Cole on 3 vs Glasnow on 2. Would be surprised if the Yanks make the Astro's series a short one. Have to give you guys a lot of credit after how the season ended.
Didn't the Astros finish the "regular season" with a losing record ?
2020 is such a strange year.

Even if they won tonight, this never was a pennant winning roster. Too many holes in the pitching staff and lineup. Re-sign DJ, find another catcher, and rebuild from the farm system.

Karma is quite a bitch for Aroldis ! So classic ! Couldn't script it better !

I love when the Evil Empire loses every October ! Gets me in the Christmas Spirit 2-3 months early !

Brosseau for Prez !

Even if they won tonight, this never was a pennant winning roster. Too many holes in the pitching staff and lineup. Re-sign DJ, find another catcher, and rebuild from the farm system.
They weren't the better team. Were seriously lacking pitching for 3 games straight, 5 games straight and two 7 games straight. DJ is a must sign.

Key moment will never be talked about--pinch hitting Ford for Higgy. Ford has sat on the bench for weeks after a miserable season. No shock he's called out looking.

Does Chapman throw the same sequence if Higgy is catching? No. Higgy calls/frames a better game and the team ERA is lower when he catches. Sanchez didn't have to block any balls tonight but we all know who does a better job with those.

No way to prove a counterfactual, I know.

I hope I never see Sanchez catching for the Yankees again.

Key moment will never be talked about--pinch hitting Ford for Higgy. Ford has sat on the bench for weeks after a miserable season. No shock he's called out looking.

Does Chapman throw the same sequence if Higgy is catching? No. Higgy calls/frames a better game and the team ERA is lower when he catches. Sanchez didn't have to block any balls tonight but we all know who does a better job with those.

Get Realmuto. Keep Higgy

Feel great about tonights game.

Gonna shower and then be ready for the first pitch
Well that was beyond disappointing.
Yes sir. I am not in habit of criticizing my Yankees, but if we were managed by their
Manager we would have won. I didn't, like.
A lot of our moves all year. Something has to change.
Karma is quite a bitch for Aroldis ! So classic ! Couldn't script it better !

I love when the Evil Empire loses every October ! Gets me in the Christmas Spirit 2-3 months early !

Brosseau for Prez !
Good bye
They weren't the better team. Were seriously lacking pitching for 3 games straight, 5 games straight and two 7 games straight. DJ is a must sign.
Using one of our best starters
As an opener sucked. Pulling
Our best starter after giving up
One run sucked.

Reactions: coldsprings
Yes sir. I am not in habit of criticizing my Yankees, but if we were managed by their
Good bye
One run sucked.
The Game 2 pitching decision is still mind boggling. And Cashman tried to blame Boone but later admits the front office reluctantly convincing him into it.

It's literally what everyone is talking about.

The Yanks will never win with the front office managing by proxy through Boone, who is not qualified to do the job.

So many holes on this team. I don't think they can buy a pennant. It's still a HR/KO team. I lost count this season how many times they couldn't score a guy on 3B with less than two outs.

Signing Realmuto will be just another big contract. Make sure you keep DJ, tho. If Severino and German are back, the pitching staff will be fine and middle relief won't be exposed.

This team can't win a WS with this offensive lineup. Just can't.

So many holes on this team. I don't think they can buy a pennant. It's still a HR/KO team. I lost count this season how many times they couldn't score a guy on 3B with less than two outs.

Signing Realmuto will be just another big contract. Make sure you keep DJ, tho. If Severino and German are back, the pitching staff will be fine and middle relief won't be exposed.

This team can't win a WS with this offensive lineup. Just can't.
I see a hole at catcher...and maybe they could use an elite level leftfielder.
And a big-time starter would also help. And another reliable arm in the bullpen.
That's not so many holes.

we can get by with Higgy
Definitely need a quality starting pitcher. Happ and paxson should be gone tenaka is a 4 starter.

Will put a few bundles on the Yanks tomorrow with Cole 😃

looking for a big win and payday

And a big-time starter would also help. And another reliable arm in the bullpen.
They could use a catcher, Frazier improved enough defensively that they should give him LF. They'll get back Severino and German next year. Might need a closer who can handle the big spot.

Reactions: czxqa
They could use a catcher, Frazier improved enough defensively that they should give him LF. They'll get back Severino and German next year. Might need a closer who can handle the big spot.
So Stanton full time DH?
Yanks will work the off season as both Severino and German will be back. Counting on players that have missed a year is risky business.

Reactions: fsg2
So Stanton full time DH?
Yanks will work the off season as both Severino and German will be back. Counting on players that have missed a year is risky business.
Severino probably won't be back until at least August.

So Stanton full time DH?

Agreed. As much as I love the sound of Cole-Severino-German-Tanaka, can't count on those mid guys.

Agreed. As much as I love the sound of Cole-Severino-German-Tanaka, can't count on those mid guys.
Monty should be good next year. Sevy will probably be like Monty was this year. Guys are typically inconsistent that first half season back after Tommy John.

Good bye
One run sucked.
I didn't watch until the 7th, so no idea what his stuff looked like, but pulling Cole after 1 hit/run/HM seemed puzzling.

Reactions: WhiteBus
I see Garcia in the rotation next year.
I agree.
As far as the rest of the playoffs, let's go Dodgers. Can't stand TB (out of respect) and Houston (cheating scumbags). Plus the way the season went I saw very little Dodger games as they were always late games. So looking forward to watching the NLCS. I get zero satisfaction of the team knocking the Yanks out the playoffs winning it all. Actually the complete opposite but see and hear people have the odd opinion.

Last edited:
When I say "holes". I mean too many "streaky" players that are HR or bust type of guys. I'm sure someone smarter than me can dig up the stat, but I'm guessing 60-70% of the runs scored this year via the homerun.

Not enough singles/doubles guys that can create long innings and manufacture runs. The strikeouts are infuriating.

BTW: I'm in favor of Britton being the loser.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT