ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020 season

Tanaka’s offseason stock is dropping based on his 2 performances thus far. Bats better come alive.

And can the two of you bickering about Cashman shut up until the postseason is over? Kinda annoying reading a thread that you expect to be about October baseball games and seeing your pissing match.

Reactions: rubaseball78
Looked like strike out on that ball four plus should have been caught stealing. And Luke took two strikes that looked like balls to me.
No doubt its been a wide strike zone. Usually when a pitcher is struggling like Morton was, he don't get those but the ump definitely threw him a lifeline.

Oh, and I know the game has been one sided, but these announcers are god awful.

The absence of Severino and German cost this team, bigly. It exposed the bullpen.

In reality, Tanaka is not a top of the rotation pitcher anymore. Probably a #4. That's why I think he'll be back as a Yankee for a reasonable amount of time and $$$.

Unless they feel good about Kahnle for next year... Cashman needs about three new middle relievers for 2021. Cause I'm gonna go nuts if I have to watch any combo of Ottavino/Holder/Cessa/Loaisiga.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
The absence of Severino and German cost this team, bigly. It exposed the bullpen.

In reality, Tanaka is not a top of the rotation pitcher anymore. Probably a #4. That's why I think he'll be back as a Yankee for a reasonable amount of time and $$$.

Unless they feel good about Kahnle for next year... Cashman needs about three new middle relievers for 2021. Cause I'm gonna go nuts if I have to watch any combo of Ottavino/Holder/Cessa/Loaisiga.
So true.
Oh...and the loss of Paxton as well.

Tanaka’s offseason stock is dropping based on his 2 performances thus far. Bats better come alive.

And can the two of you bickering about Cashman shut up until the postseason is over? Kinda annoying reading a thread that you expect to be about October baseball games and seeing your pissing match.
So true,🤩

No surprise no response

See Classof02's response. He's right.

But I will be happy to continue discussing Stanton and the Yanks this post season. Stanton with 5 post season games in a row with dingers. If the rest of the team could only follow-suit on his performance game in and game out this post season.

#rureadyforsomecreepystalking emerges from under his rock again.
I am sure he will...Just like after game 1, TKO was feeling the need to do the same on the Met's thread and now quiet again. These guys are so predictable.

One of the things that must be so frustrating for any GM...freaking middle relief. Yankee's MR has been so good for a couple of years and now a weakness. Any given year, you just never know.

One of the things that must be so frustrating for any GM...freaking middle relief. Yankee's MR has been so good for a couple of years and now a weakness. Any given year, you just never know.

Green, Kahnle, Ottavino, Britton and Chapman - all peforming normally - was why the Yanks were strong in prior years.

Subtract Kanhle and lower Ottavino to less than average performance has caused this. The rest of the pen is filler: either long relief / swing starters, young guys and flotsam.

Reactions: biker7766
I do have to say---Judge made that great catch and all I could think - dont get hurt

Bad stat for Hicks with the bases loaded. Only .168 before that last out. Kinda surprised at that. He isn't a guy that you would think isn't clutch

No it doesn't. Every pitcher he has traded for has not been great at all. For every Gio I can raise you a Stanton.
I go crazy not with every bad move. I go crazy when people say he is a great GM. He's not. He is at best average.
And the trades not made are never talked about. He did nothing this year with a playoff format with no rest days between games in a series. Big mistake!
You were saying about Stanton?

.348/.407/1.174 slash line in the playoffs. OPS of 1.581. 8 hits, 3 walks, 6 home runs, 13 RBI. In 23 at bats.
Yeah he sucks, LMAO.
And before this year the Yankees paid him $56 mill to hit .233 in the playoffs. They Yankees have been bounced out of the last two playoffs because of lack of pitching. They didn't need him and now they are stuck with him for the next 7 years. His salary jumps to $29 million next year. Healthy or not

And before this year the Yankees paid him $56 mill to hit .233 in the playoffs. They Yankees have been bounced out of the last two playoffs because of lack of pitching. They didn't need him and now they are stuck with him for the next 7 years. His salary jumps to $29 million next year. Healthy or not
It's in the budget. Already allocated. What do you care? You're not paying his salary. Look at the numbers I posted again. He's earning his pinstripes when it matters the most- in the playoffs. You really seem like you'd rather the Yankees fail if it makes you right.

It's in the budget. Already allocated. What do you care? You're not paying his salary. Look at the numbers I posted again. He's earning his pinstripes when it matters the most- in the playoffs. You really seem like you'd rather the Yankees fail if it makes you right.
What? They need pitching to win World Series. No one has slugged their way through the playoffs without great pitching. Bullshit that for a second I ever want the Yankees to fail. Fan since 1966. However you would rather have Staton hit 5 homes runs in a loss tomorrow. You Cashman clowns are unreal. Go watch the Mets.

Reactions: Section124
What? They need pitching to win World Series. No one has slugged their way through the playoffs without great pitching. Bullshit that for a second I ever want the Yankees to fail. Fan since 1966. However you would rather have Staton hit 5 homes runs in a loss tomorrow. You Cashman clowns are unreal. Go watch the Mets.
WB- my good man, enjoy the playoffs. Cashman is for another day but for now, just enjoy

That's right. When proven wrong, just change the subject and call me a clown. Hope you wore your floppy shoes to work today. They go so well with the red nose and squirting flower.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT