ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020 season

Unlike jealous Mets fans (see @rureadytobeacreepystalker) who seem to revel in injury to Yankee players, I like Alonso and wish him well. He's a talented standup guy and role model type. Seems like pitchers have made adjustments to him this year and he needs to now make his own adjustments. MLB needs stars in NY like him and Judge to excel and stay on the field. That all being said, you are right about the Mets fans trash talking.......although I don't recall/may have missed that other snowflake KnightShit in this thread.
Can't defend them for some of the things they do troll about. And except for maybe just a couple of guys, the usually discussion about Alonso/Judge had been started by the guys that go to the Met's thread who wanted to knock Alonso's rookie season attributing it all to juiced balls. Judge is clearly the better fielder and has been around longer now and if he could stay healthy for a few consecutive years, he may be head and shoulders above almost everyone...but that is his downside up until now. I do also see some Met fans come on here and continue to try to troll in regard to MEt's vs Yankees rather than just talk Yankee baseball in your thread.
But again, you guys have a few posters/fans in here who are 10 times worse in the Met's thread. It is what it is but hope you don't lump everyone togther and we will try not to do the same in the Met's thread.

Reactions: shields
Can't defend them for some of the things they do troll about. And except for maybe just a couple of guys, the usually discussion about Alonso/Judge had been started by the guys that go to the Met's thread who wanted to knock Alonso's rookie season attributing it all to juiced balls. Judge is clearly the better fielder and has been around longer now and if he could stay healthy for a few consecutive years, he may be head and shoulders above almost everyone...but that is his downside up until now. I do also see some Met fans come on here and continue to try to troll in regard to MEt's vs Yankees rather than just talk Yankee baseball in your thread.
But again, you guys have a few posters/fans in here who are 10 times worse in the Met's thread. It is what it is but hope you don't lump everyone togther and we will try not to do the same in the Met's thread.

naaah....all good and happy to have a real discussion. I don't post in the Mets thread so can't speak to the trolling that goes on over there, but there are a few that come to this thread for the sole purpose of causing problems......and act surprised or high and mighty when we respond to them in kind.

Not sure I would want to be stuck with Stanton's contract and injuries over the long haul but to find anything wrong with him this post season is reaching...Even if a HR is a tack on...it will give pitchers concern going forward. 3 HR/7 RBI in 3 games change the entire dynamic of a lineup. Now, come 2021, he most likely plays under 100 games and pisses everyone off again. lol
Here is what people need to realize.
Every great team has a few guys that rake second line pitching and have the ability to put the game away.
Yes it’s true, Stanton vs a front line hard throwing reliever late in the game, one run down, you don’t want up in front of a guy like LeMahieu...but he’ll make a 4-2 game 7-2 in a hurry and it’s enormously important.
It saves your bullpen and deadens the opposition.
In my day we’d far prefer to pitch to Mike Schmidt or Jack Clark than Gwynn or Buckner.
A mound conversation with Tekulve would go something like this...Bill Madlock on facing Clark or Schmidt:” ok Teke, make you pitches and we’ll strike this guy out, against Gwynn or Buckner “ be ready, he’s gonna hit the ball hard somewhere”
As a fielder, who would you fear more?

Reactions: shields
Here is what people need to realize.
Every great team has a few guys that rake second line pitching and have the ability to put the game away.
Yes it’s true, Stanton vs a front line hard throwing reliever late in the game, one run down, you don’t want up in front of a guy like LeMahieu...but he’ll make a 4-2 game 7-2 in a hurry and it’s enormously important.
It saves your bullpen and deadens the opposition.
In my day we’d far prefer to pitch to Mike Schmidt or Jack Clark than Gwynn or Buckner.
A mound conversation with Tekulve would go something like this...Bill Madlock on facing Clark or Schmidt:” ok Teke, make you pitches and we’ll strike this guy out, against Gwynn or Buckner “ be ready, he’s gonna hit the ball hard somewhere”
As a fielder, who would you fear more?
Let's be fair- Gywnn was in a league of his own...

Mattingly pre bad back...same league.
Brett, Boggs, Kirby Puckett...not to shabby
Pretty much- Carew and a guy that has always reminded me of Mattingly's younger years, Garciaparra when he was young as well.

Anyone know what radio stations are carrying the game tonight?

So I just heard that Pedro Martinez called out Torres for stealing 2nd in the 9th! Are you f-ing killing me? One off Pedro's top three highlights videos is him throwing down Don Zimmer. Dirty player his whole career.

Tonight’s experiment doesn’t look like it’s gonna work. Need to figure out how to not waste too much of the bullpen tonight. Tanaka better have his A game tomorrow.

Deivi Garcia's appearance was more like a "throw day" for a starter -- 27 pitches. So I would expect Garcia would be a go as a reliever in game three or a starter in game four.

I hope tonite is the last time I see J.A. Hapless in a Yankees uniform. Crying about his contract like he did only makes tonite's results justification why he wasn't used more.

I hope Boone rethinks the strategy to pull Garcia.

Garcia got squeezed in the first inning. He had the three batter struck out on three pitches.

Deivi Garcia's appearance was more like a "throw day" for a starter -- 27 pitches. So I would expect Garcia would be a go as a reliever in game three or a starter in game four.
I think, I hope, the thought process was winning games that Cole pitches and getting that third win in either game 3/4 with Tanaka/Montgomery.

Middle relief looking like dogshit again. Loaisiga got lucky on the line drive doubleplay. Ottavino still sux.

Reactions: Kbee3
Nick Anderson was real tough for the Rays.
And their closer closed.
And nobody could hit tonight for the Yanks except for the DH.

Whatever. So that single grand slam suddenly makes that a good trade? Your love affair for Cashman is a bit creepy by keep defending that trade.

Really sucks that the Yanks lost last night and were affected by balls and strikes calls. That being said, 2 more dingers for Stanton with 4 RBIs. That's HR's in 4 straight playoff games - which I think is an MLB record and 5 HR's overall.

Oh...and Happ sucked.
You got that right. And Tampa gave them as many lefty batters as they could and he still
Struggled. CASHMAN BETTER smarten up. MAYBE Steinbrenner can make him a chaufer again. This computer thing is a bunch of SHI.

Happ threw a batting practice pitch to Margot
The "no off days" is more of a negative for the Yanks than it is for TB. There's a lot of pressure on Tanaka, but the Yanks have been pretty decent against the Ray's starter IIRC.

If Tanaka can give em five innings today... Green for two, then Britton/Chapman. I like our chances.

BTW: Happ's pissing and moaning is getting to be old shit. He's a guy you bring in when you're down 6-8 runs and just need to eat of innings.

And what was with the sudden regaining of confidence in Ottavino ?

And what was with the sudden regaining of confidence in Ottavino ?
With five games in five days, being four runs down, and into his bullpen early, Boone needed to eat up innings anywhere he could find.

It was 5-4 when Ottavino was brought in.
Just a head's up, but if the Yankees had won yesterday's game they'd be in position to sweep the series today....with no need for a game four or five

1) Yes, it would have been great to pick off that game. But game 2 was always a "safe" gamble that kept the Yankees chances of winning a five game series intact. They have Tanaka and the "A" bullpen guys for tonight because they didn't bite on using them in a game the Yanks couldn't overcome from the second inning on. Can't ask for much more than that no matter the outcome tonight.

2) At least we have winners in the "what Yankee 'B' level guys can frickin' provide a pitching scoreless inning against the Rays? Congratulations to Jonathan Holder (11 pitches) and Nick Nelson (14).

3) Charlie Morton can go up to 90 pitches or around 5 innings but when he does that he gives up hits. So if the Yankees offense takes the night off, then kiss the series goodbye. This is a game the offense should be able to produce.

And the Rays staff yesterday didn't have a quick day: Castillo (24 pitches), Anderson (22), Fairbanks (25). Night before that: Thompson (21), Drake (14), Curtiss (32) and McClanahan (15). And I seemed to notice that some of those guys last night were starting to lose control IF you were patient enough with them. Once again, the more the Rays bullpen throws the better your odds get they'll provide walks or a key mistake as the series moves along.

4) Yankees become the home team for games three and four. So guessing the overal Yankees strategy, they wanted to try and set up wins in these next two games. If that's the strategy, then they are staying true with the strategy so far.

Go Yankees!

The "no off days" is more of a negative for the Yanks than it is for TB. There's a lot of pressure on Tanaka, but the Yanks have been pretty decent against the Ray's starter IIRC.

If Tanaka can give em five innings today... Green for two, then Britton/Chapman. I like our chances.

BTW: Happ's pissing and moaning is getting to be old shit. He's a guy you bring in when you're down 6-8 runs and just need to eat of innings.
The no off days will be bad for the Yankees as the did nothing pitching wise at the trade deadline. And the bullpen wasn't that great leading into the deadline.

Reactions: MitchLL
The no off days will be bad for the Yankees as the did nothing pitching wise at the trade deadline. And the bullpen wasn't that great leading into the deadline.

Haven't heard that one before......🥴🤔🙄

334z4p.png

If I were you guys...I would let Cashman go immediately. I wouldn't even shed a tear as he wouldnt even need to change his home address...

Haven't heard that one before......🥴🤔🙄

334z4p.png
Still a hit not a broken record. Sadly they won't win the WS because of it. So called smart GM does stupid ship. Trades for Stanton when they needed pitching. The Cashman fans are worse than Trumper's.

Still a hit not a broken record. Sadly they won't win the WS because of it. So called smart GM does stupid ship. Trades for Stanton when they needed pitching. The Cashman fans are worse than Trumper's.

There are no Cashman champions here......but there is a broken record obsessed Cashman hater. I see you are now changing the story about Stanton. Moving the goal posts again.

There are no Cashman champions here......but there is a broken record obsessed Cashman hater. I see you are now changing the story about Stanton. Moving the goal posts again.
What?? No Cashman Champions in here? Are you kidding me! Have you been in a coma for 6 years?? And how am I changing the story on Stanton??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT