ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020 season

MLB should have the balls to vacate Houston's title after their owner's performance in his press conference and his screw up from a brilliant question from a reporter:

Reactions: T2Kplus10
This is what MLB shouldve done to the Astros for their actions. Allow them to play the ALWest but banned them from AL Playoffs/ World Series.

It is honestly hilarious how desperately Met, Astro, and Red Sox fans want the Yankees swept up in this cheating scandal.
Of all the retired players they could have hired as "team consultant", why Beltran? I think it's a fair question. Maybe Cashman wanted to pick his brain on how the cheating was done, not to do it as an organization. Your reacting as if we're gathering fake info for an impeachment trial.:Laughing

Of all the retired players they could have hired as "team consultant", why Beltran? I think it's a fair question. Maybe Cashman wanted to pick his brain on how the cheating was done, not to do it as an organization. Your reacting as if we're gathering fake info for an impeachment trial.:Laughing
This is my take except for the political statement.
The Yankees did not give him a “position in title” because he was an ex Yankee great.
They brought him in for a specific reason.
I hate to say it because he actually was a damn good player here as a Met, but BVW brought him in for the same reason. There is no doubt in my mind on that either.

I think if MLB thought that ownership was involved in this, the penalties would have been more severe.
Looks like this is far from over. If the owner keeps acting like he gives no f***s about the scandal, someone will come up with THE smoking gun that will plant that asshat owner.

Reactions: Rhuarc

They hired him specifically because Luis Severino and several of their other pitchers were tipping their pitches against the Red Sox in the 2018 ALDS. He’s notoriously good at being able to pick up when pitchers are tipping their pitches. After the Yankees played the Red Sox in London last year Alex Cora said that Beltran was their biggest offseason pickup because the Yankees have “cleaned up their details.” Basically what he was saying was that Beltran has made it harder for us to cheat against the Yankees.

This is my take except for the political statement.
The Yankees did not give him a “position in title” because he was an ex Yankee great.
They brought him in for a specific reason.
I hate to say it because he actually was a damn good player here as a Met, but BVW brought him in for the same reason. There is no doubt in my mind on that either.

Yes they brought him in literally to try and help prevent other teams from cheating against them. Not to cheat themselves.

Yes they brought him in literally to try and help prevent other teams from cheating against them. Not to cheat themselves.
If this was the case, how come he didnt pick up on that Adam Wainwright third strike curveball?

Reactions: c10j10s
And that is why we hired him as our manager...and I’m sticking to that story.

Did he tell Yankee management...”they are picking up your signs because I devised a electronically transmitted buzzer to let them know what is coming”
And if he was being paid by the Yankees, he should have. But somehow the Yanks didn’t blow the lid on this...just saying

Did he tell Yankee management...”they are picking up your signs because I devised a electronically transmitted buzzer to let them know what is coming”
And if he was being paid by the Yankees, he should have. But somehow the Yanks didn’t blow the lid on this...just saying

Why would he confess that he came up with a cheating operation? That doesn’t make any sense. He could just tell them they need to do a better job hiding their signs. Which they did.

That's very naive.

It really isn’t though because there hasn’t been one iota of evidence that Beltran and the Yankees electronically stole signs in 2019. You say it’s “naive” because you’re desperately clinging on to hope that the Yankees will get dragged into this embarrassment.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteBus
It’s It really isn’t though because there hasn’t been one iota of evidence that Beltran and the Yankees electronically stole signs in 2019. You say it’s “naive” because you’re desperately clinging on to hope that the Yankees will get dragged into this embarrassment.

I equate this to the playoff series against the Rangers when Cliff Lee has pin tar on his hat and everyone saw it. The Yankees said nothing because they knew their guys also used it. The Yankees complained about the apple watch that Boston was using and the whistling that the Astros were doing. If they were stealing signs illegally I don't think they would have complained quite so much.

Reactions: c10j10s
I equate this to the playoff series against the Rangers when Cliff Lee has pin tar on his hat and everyone saw it. The Yankees said nothing because they knew their guys also used it. The Yankees complained about the apple watch that Boston was using and the whistling that the Astros were doing. If they were stealing signs illegally I don't think they would have complained quite so much.
Yeah you think that because you are an idiot. There is nothing logical about your posts on this. You desperately want it to be true you have lost all common sense.

It really isn’t though because there hasn’t been one iota of evidence that Beltran and the Yankees electronically stole signs in 2019. You say it’s “naive” because you’re desperately clinging on to hope that the Yankees will get dragged into this embarrassment.
I don’t think for a moment the Yankees ever cheated in this way but there is no doubt that Beltran was brought in by the Yankees 100% because of sign stealing. Let’s just leave it at that and get back to baseball

Last edited:
I don’t think for a moment the Yankees ever cheated in this way but there is no doubt that Beltran was brought in by the Yankees 100% because of sign stealing. Let’s just leave it at that and get back to the Mets...
Proof?
I thought so.

I don’t think for a moment the Yankees ever cheated in this way but there is no doubt that Beltran was brought in by the Yankees 100% because of sign stealing. Let’s just leave it at that and get back to the Mets...

I agree. They hired him to help prevent people from stealing their signs.

I will just say I hope the entire Astros roster sets a record for HBP this year. In fact, game one against the Yankees, I'd be ok if every single pitcher sent a head high fastball every single time. Get everybody ejected and forfeit the 1 game. As a fan, I'd pay to show up and see that happen.

Reactions: MitchLL and Kbee3

Yanks were vocal throughout in complaining... It's why hinch had to always answer questions about it. The trashcan thing and all that...

I don't believe they cheated, they spent a lot of time covering up their signs though, all the pitchers had something in their hats to change signs with the catcher. It was very obvious

Yanks were vocal throughout in complaining... It's why hinch had to always answer questions about it. The trashcan thing and all that... I don't believe they cheated, they spent a lot of time covering up their signs though, all the pitchers had something in their hats to change signs with the catcher. It was very obvious

It was years already, and the Commissioner's office and the umpires showed little interest in policing what was going on. So Yanks hired the guy who could tell them how it was being done so they could take protective action.

So Chicago had its Black Sox scandal and now the Astros have the Houston:

https://mrthrowback.com/products/houston-assholes-design

Perhaps the Yanks can talk CC into unretiring, just to pitch the first game this season that they play the Astros.

Some of these Astros players (and their owner) are a bunch of morons. Rather than coming out and being contrite and apologetic for what they did, they double down with angry responses and deflection. They could have set the tone by being honest upfront and now they whine when people speculate about what happened and how it impacted them.

Correa is a huge a-hole for going after Bellinger for saying what everyone else is thinking. He's gonna get clipped more times than not this season. Hope he's wearing some armor.

One time NY Yankee and NY Met Tony Fernandez passed away at the very young age of 57. Member of the 1993 Toronta Blue Jays World Champs. A 5 time All Star.

So more of the same so far this year. Judge dealing with some shoulder discomfort. Didn’t take BP today. Did some fielding but didn’t throw at 100%.

Andujar continues to work in the outfield.

Happ will start the spring opener on Saturday.

^^^^ I still like my idea.
I think it's hilarious that the commissioner is going balls deep in protecting the Astros by any means necessary. It looks like that pitchers will be thrown out of the game if they even throw strike on the inside corner. Too bad he doesnt care about the other 29 teams.

So more of the same so far this year. Judge dealing with some shoulder discomfort. Didn’t take BP today. Did some fielding but didn’t throw at 100%.

Andujar continues to work in the outfield.

Happ will start the spring opener on Saturday.

30 years ago, players would have played through all these nagging injuries. Now, there's so much money involved you have to sit people to protect them from turning into Jacoby Ellsubury. It's pretty ridiculous.

I think it's hilarious that the commissioner is going balls deep in protecting the Astros by any means necessary. It looks like that pitchers will be thrown out of the game if they even throw strike on the inside corner. Too bad he doesnt care about the other 29 teams.
Personally, I can't wait for the first one to do it. Hope it's Aroldis.

Reactions: Section124
ADVERTISEMENT