ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Releases Social Justice Plans for Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

will anyone put Nicole Brown Simpson's name on their helmet

Dude it’s not about that. There’s definitely a racism problem with the police force. It has a terrible effect. Not only on Black people, but now on the entire United States. You know me. I don’t dig any bullshit but this is something that’s got to change right now. If I were in my office talking to my partner’s dropping n word this and n word that, I’d be ejected from my company immediately. How come cops don’t have the same culture?

I’d love to see the nfl commish hold hands with Colin and kneels together for the anthem...if anything, just for the tweets!

this is well orchestrated virtue signaling but since it will happen in empty stadiums...

...or since it may not happen at all after all sports go poof until 2021...

Dude it’s not about that. There’s definitely a racism problem with the police force. It has a terrible effect. Not only on Black people, but now on the entire United States. You know me. I don’t dig any bullshit but this is something that’s got to change right now. If I were in my office talking to my partner’s dropping n word this and n word that, I’d be ejected from my company immediately. How come cops don’t have the same culture?
Nonsense! There is no police brutality problem with the police targeting blacks. This is a false narrative being proffered by the MSM to carry the democrats water. This is the same canard that the MSM is pushing the whole the U.S. is racist. This is the knee jerk reaction to Trump making serious in roads with the black community. All this racist talk and police brutality talk is designed with one purpose, to keep blacks on the democrat plantation. Blacks are tired of the democrats false promises that they are going to "save them". I believe the majority of blacks are going to be voting for Trump and Republicans this cycle.

The "big picture" holds the answers. When I was in high school, all my friends had married parents. Fathers were in the house. That's long gone - a relic. A mother can have four kids by three guys. Despite the occasional success story, mothers struggle to raise boys - especially in a corrupt environment were gangsters are idolized, and things like studying are mocked. "Breeding bishes" is seen as macho. Guys live with single moms because the moms get the checks. The kids feel degraded. The radicals (often white) teach the kids to fight the cops. Most minority police shooting victims aren't killed by white cops.

A few years ago the Academy Award people were getting bullied. Then it was the Grammy people. Before all that it was businesses. Destroyed families = broken lives. When some groups dont have success like others (say the immigrants) they want to blame others. The radicals are happy to help. Police aren't all angels but war was declared on them a long time ago. There are people who dont want peace. Now its fully allowed to attack a certain race in US and its not minorities. The biggest racists are in the anti-racism camp.

The "big picture" holds the answers. When I was in high school, all my friends had married parents. Fathers were in the house. That's long gone - a relic. A mother can have four kids by three guys. Despite the occasional success story, mothers struggle to raise boys - especially in a corrupt environment were gangsters are idolized, and things like studying are mocked. "Breeding bishes" is seen as macho. Guys live with single moms because the moms get the checks. The kids feel degraded. The radicals (often white) teach the kids to fight the cops. Most minority police shooting victims aren't killed by white cops.

A few years ago the Academy Award people were getting bullied. Then it was the Grammy people. Before all that it was businesses. Destroyed families = broken lives. When some groups dont have success like others (say the immigrants) they want to blame others. The radicals are happy to help. Police aren't all angels but war was declared on them a long time ago. There are people who dont want peace. Now its fully allowed to attack a certain race in US and its not minorities. The biggest racists are in the anti-racism camp
The family courts are certainly helping in destroying post divorced families. I have several friends who have been completely alienated from their biological children at the hands of the NJ family courts. These men have jobs, pay their child support and do not have drug or alcohol problems but their ex wives made the decision to punish them by using the children as weapons and the family courts facilitated that. a tragedy for all.

So sad that the words "end racism" are offensive to some people. Or simply acknowledging that someone else's life experience may be different than their own.

It seems that any public effort or display to support that worthy cause is always wrong to them, it's always too much.
There is no systemic racism. Only democrats push the "systemic racism" narrative. I have asked my white republican friends and my democrat friends the same questions. 1) are you a racist? 2) are do have any friends that are racists? 3) have you encountered any racists? The answers to all those questions to the 25 people I have asked them to, has been "NO" to all. So Where is all this racism? BTW, you are free to answer the above questions.

There is no systemic racism. Only democrats push the "systemic racism" narrative. I have asked my white republican friends and my democrat friends the same questions. 1) are you a racist? 2) are do have any friends that are racists? 3) have you encountered any racists? The answers to all those questions to the 25 people I have asked them to, has been "NO" to all. So Where is all this racism? BTW, you are free to answer the above questions.

Everyone that walks this earth is at least a little bit racist. EVERYONE. It is impossible not to form stereotypes and prejudgements in your mind, human beings are incapable of not doing it. You make connections based on the narratives that are put in front of you, and for nearly all of American history non-whites of all types have been portrayed negatively and set up to fail by the institutions we live under. I mean dude, at least you likely have a family history of immigrants from Europe you can look back on fondly and proudly. Imagine what it's like to know your ancestors didn't immigrate here but were sold here as less than human.

These stereotypes and prejudgements and narratives have been indoctrinated into American culture and institutions from the beginning. So I'm telling you it's impossible to ignore all of it throughout your life and remain colorblind, and that's A-OK. And it goes BOTH WAYS with regard to who is being stereotyped. So yes, everyone is a little racist. And when you ask the questions the way you're asking them, NO ONE is going to admit it.

And for the record, I'm at my parents house in southwest Virginia where I went to high school and yes there are definitely racist people in this community.

Its not the place for it

Doesnt belong on the nfl field and jerseys
..will they allow political statements from an opposing view..doubt it..they didnt a few years ago

As the son of a retired police officer, I will go with this.
100% feel something should be done for these families. But that is a completely different subject. How about families of cops killed in Mafia Violence? Cop families killed by Irish gangs, cops killed by Skin Heads, etc...
not All Blacks that are being targeted are part of Gangs or violent crimnals.

Sounds a lot like how Vlad strongly denied interference in our elections. Real good method you have there - asking folks often not self aware of the subtle but important biases we all carry whether they are guilty of something no one wants to be guilty of.

Nonsense! There is no police brutality problem with the police targeting blacks. This is a false narrative being proffered by the MSM to carry the democrats water. This is the same canard that the MSM is pushing the whole the U.S. is racist. This is the knee jerk reaction to Trump making serious in roads with the black community. All this racist talk and police brutality talk is designed with one purpose, to keep blacks on the democrat plantation. Blacks are tired of the democrats false promises that they are going to "save them". I believe the majority of blacks are going to be voting for Trump and Republicans this cycle.
Crazy guess- you are white?

First- to all my very good friends and loved ones in Blue- you have a thankless job and I love and respect you. But every single one of you have seen outright racism, gay bashing and much more within your ranks.
To say it isnt there- is an absolute lie.

A few years ago the Academy Award people were getting bullied. Then it was the Grammy people. Before all that it was businesses. Destroyed families = broken lives. When some groups dont have success like others (say the immigrants) they want to blame others. The radicals are happy to help. Police aren't all angels but war was declared on them a long time ago. There are people who dont want peace. Now its fully allowed to attack a certain race in US and its not minorities. The biggest racists are in the anti-racism camp.

Even Barry Soetoro spoke of the need for two parents. Now it's dirty thought by leftists. People wonder why kids who grow up with two parents succeed in life and the other group protests them.

I fear these symbols have the opposite impact than people intend. It just becomes something new to fight about.

Bruce Arena, former national team coach (soccer), suggests getting rid of the national anthem before sporting events. Not because he doesn't love this country and wasn't proud to represent it, but because it is a distraction and something now pushing people apart.

I'm all for players having a voice, just like we all should have a voice, but I would personally prefer not to see it on the sidelines during competition. What does it really accomplish other than making us all angry with each other. Does it really help to have 'Breanna Taylor' on the back of helmets...does that help the 'conversation'? What happened to her was horrible, but was it racism, negligent policing, wrong place at the wrong time, or a little bit of all of the above? Does it help to have all the guys on the sideline during the MLS games wear 'Black Lives Matter' t-shirts? I'm guessing it isn't voluntary and just degrades from the idea that we all have a part to play in improving this country and that we all have viewpoints and feelings that need to be heard to move things forward,

When someone who has consistently been as good a guy as Drew Brees shares his feelings and opinion on the national anthem, and gets destroyed for it, why would someone with a view that has any nuance or difference from what they are supposed to say, say it. All that happens is people are silenced, get further entrenched in their view, and we get further and further apart. It's really unfortunate where things stand today, and whether we like it or not, all of these statements by these leagues have a political bent to them and just drive us into our corners.

And before I get the 'Shut up and play' retort...that isn't what I'm saying. I care what thoughtful guys like the McCourty brothers have to say on the subject...but let's hear the thoughts off the field where there can be legit discussions...not virtue signalling by these leagues that are terrified of what people on Twitter would say if they don't fall in line.

100% feel something should be done for these families. But that is a completely different subject. How about families of cops killed in Mafia Violence? Cop families killed by Irish gangs, cops killed by Skin Heads, etc...
Don’t be slagging the Irish now.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
You're unhinged, seriously, chill bruh
Yeah- you are right, racism does unhinge me - sorry if that bothers you.

You see- @jmc11201 gives an opinion just above and states a reason for the thoughts and it isn't racism...That is a discussion and two people can do that over beers or glass of wine, whatever...what I am referring to is to counter two very blatant racial situations to an abused woman/crazy estranged husband. OJ/Nichole had nothing to do with race

Those who don't like it, you have the choice to watch NFL Football or not to watch.
Those who don't mind a little social justice with their sports, enjoy.
If colleges start doing what the NFL plans, same choice.

Fans help make MLB, NFL, NBA , NCAA and most all sports successful or failing by watching them or walking away.
If you understand the position they are taking and it doesn't bother you, watch the games.
If not, find something else to become interested in.

Enough watch those who walked away, protesting the action taken , won't matter.
Enough walk away to hurt profits enough, the leagues position probably will change to what they can accept.

But realize social change , one way are another, happens and whether it's sports or other entertainment venues, businesses must change the way they present themselves or face extinction because they refused to change the image they present to the public and fall out of favor.
Right now it seems like more people understand change is needed and the NFL is
courting that crowd rather then the fans that are against the fight for social justice that is going on now.

Crazy guess- you are white?

First- to all my very good friends and loved ones in Blue- you have a thankless job and I love and respect you. But every single one of you have seen outright racism, gay bashing and much more within your ranks.
To say it isnt there- is an absolute lie.
Do gay people bash others ?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

Straw man. When was the last time a cop was killed by the mafia, an "Irish gang" or some fictitious skin head group.

Straw man. When was the last time a cop was killed by the mafia, an "Irish gang" or some fictitious skin head group.

Extremism, Terrorism & Bigotry
White Supremacist Charged With Capital Murder of Alabama Police Officer
  • March 17, 2020
On February 5, 2020, Jefferson County, Alabama deputies arrested Preston Cheyenne Johnson, a white supremacist from Addison, Alabama, for the murder of police officer Nick O’Rear of Kimberly, Alabama.

Far-right ‘boogaloo boys’ linked to killing of California law officers and other violence
In the wake of the killing of two law enforcement officers in Northern California, more attention is being directed to the “boogaloo” movement, a far-right fringe group that has been tied to violence around the country

On Tuesday, federal law enforcement officials announced they were charging Air Force Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, and suspected accomplice Robert A. Justus Jr., 30, in the May 29 shooting death of a federal security officer in Oakland.

Carrillo also faces state charges in the June 6 killing of a Santa Cruz sheriff’s deputy.

Extremism, Terrorism & Bigotry
White Supremacist Charged With Capital Murder of Alabama Police Officer
  • March 17, 2020
On February 5, 2020, Jefferson County, Alabama deputies arrested Preston Cheyenne Johnson, a white supremacist from Addison, Alabama, for the murder of police officer Nick O’Rear of Kimberly, Alabama.

Far-right ‘boogaloo boys’ linked to killing of California law officers and other violence
In the wake of the killing of two law enforcement officers in Northern California, more attention is being directed to the “boogaloo” movement, a far-right fringe group that has been tied to violence around the country

On Tuesday, federal law enforcement officials announced they were charging Air Force Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, and suspected accomplice Robert A. Justus Jr., 30, in the May 29 shooting death of a federal security officer in Oakland.

Carrillo also faces state charges in the June 6 killing of a Santa Cruz sheriff’s deputy.

So none.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But opinion should be at least somewhat reality based. And if you think the majority of blacks are going to be voting for Trump and Republicans this cycle, you are delusional. NOBODY thinks that. Not Bill Stepien. Not Stephen Miller. Not Kellyanne Conway. Nobody.

When you make a statement that reeks of delusion, it calls into question whatever else you have to say.

Reactions: Greg2020
Yesrurgers said....You see- @jmc11201 gives an opinion just above and states a reason for the thoughts and it isn't racism...That is a discussion and two people can do that over beers or glass of wine, whatever...what I am referring to is to counter two very blatant racial situations to an abused woman/crazy estranged husband. OJ/Nichole had nothing to do with race[/QUOTE]

Imo blm is a political movement with marxist ties that have no place being FORCED into sports.

If you speak against it you are labelled racist. Everyone must bow and kneel. I get it[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT