ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ’s Keon Sabb to transfer portal

Don't want him, we're in a good position here. More important needs through the portal.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
So we are not getting a discount from Sabb for being a hothouse for the development of NFL secondary players?

I think we have three real good prospects in the incoming class that are safeties.
Some of them could realistically see action as freshmen.
As someone said above, we have greater needs at other positions.

If Schiano is serious about winning he needs to open up the purse strings to get Sabb

If Schiano is serious about winning he needs to open up the purse strings to get Sabb
The guy wasn't even interested in RU the first time around and he's heavily tied in to Fran Brown & Elijah Robinson. Plus he's leaving UM because both starters returned. He's looking for a team where he's going to start or have significant playing time.

Please, Why wouldn't you want a kid like him?
Geez...if I remember correctly RU returns both starting safeties. And as I said in an earlier post, there are three quality safety prospects in the 2024 class. Schiano needs to focus elsewhere to improve his 2024 team.
Pass.
I think I already explained this.
BTW, I think there probably would have been room for him when he was coming out of high school.

I think I already explained this.
BTW, I think there probably would have been room for him when he was coming out of high school

We couldn't land Sabb with Fran Brown. Fran is the man in South Jersey. I could be wrong be I was thinking you were saying we had a chance with him

We couldn't land Sabb with Fran Brown. Fran is the man in South Jersey. I could be wrong be I was thinking you were saying we had a chance with him
I thought I had made it very clear that his position was one that is not of great need for Rutgers at this point. Even if RU had the resources to put in a bid for this guy, the money would need to be directed towards other positions where they could still use some help.

I thought I had made it very clear that his position was one that is not of great need for Rutgers at this point. Even if RU had the resources to put in a bid for this guy, the money would need to be directed towards other positions where they could still use some help.
Why is this even a conversation we truly have no shot with this kid

He has enrolled at Alabama.

Impossible, he was recruited by America's most elite program and the guy Andy Reid and Belichek and Saban all revere as perfection on Earth, Fran Brown at Syracuse.

I got a chill as I typed the name just thinking of the greatness and infallibility he encompasses!

Reactions: patk89
Impossible, he was recruited by America's most elite program and the guy Andy Reid and Belichek and Saban all revere as perfection on Earth, Fran Brown at Syracuse.

I got a chill as I typed the name just thinking of the greatness and infallibility he encompasses!
Well, in fairness I've heard many comments on what a great salesman Fran is, and IMO the most knowledgeable poster here..gef...has said that he's the best recruiter he's ever seen, and some of the most knowledgeable football guys I know say that being a college head football coach is 90% recruiting....there's a good chance Syracuse made a wise hire.
Now we get to see if he can translate all of that recruiting ability into success on the field.
That tissue paper schedule they've got can't hurt either.

Reactions: WestOrangeCL
Well, in fairness I've heard many comments on what a great salesman Fran is, and IMO the most knowledgeable poster here..gef...has said that he's the best recruiter he's ever seen, and some of the most knowledgeable football guys I know say that being a college head football coach is 90% recruiting....there's a good chance Syracuse made a wise hire.
Now we get to see if he can translate all of that recruiting ability into success on the field.
That tissue paper schedule they've got can't hurt either.

Maybe but the comments about him on this board sometimes are a laugh riot. I guess a new love interest was needed after the hats came totally off to Hafley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT