ADVERTISEMENT

OT: No fans at Lincoln Financial for Eagles games this season

No fans at Lincoln Financial for Eagles games this season.
My guess is there won't be any fans at Rutgers stadium this season also if we have a season.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/coronavirus-eagles-games-fans-stadium-nfl-20200714.html
The Linc is for the birds. Lots of empty seats at Temple Owls games.

Temple-UCF.jpg

Philly Deep Thought:

Does the entire building still smell like a backed up sewer if no one is there to smell it?

Reactions: T2Kplus10
That would give the NFL the President’s Day Super Bowl they always wanted to try.

The scenario I’ve heard is the NFL delays everything one month - meaning the Super Bowl scheduled for March. It also suggests that college football and basketball would be in-season at that time with the Madness moved to May. Anything is possible with so many unprecedented things happening.

I work in legalized sports betting.

The scenario I’ve heard is the NFL delays everything one month - meaning the Super Bowl scheduled for March. It also suggests that college football and basketball would be in-season at that time with the Madness moved to May. Anything is possible with so many unprecedented things happening.

I work in legalized sports betting.
I don't see college football in the spring at all.

Start a thread with the word Philadelphia in it, and predictably, the same tired, unfunny jokes appear. Your corny insults would land better if they were the least bit original.
I think the Linc is a nice venue and the whole set up is pretty cool with the Phillies, Flyers and 76ers right there...easy to get to with a not too bad of a tailgate scene.

That being said, the jokes (funny or not) are well deserved.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I think the Linc is a nice venue and the whole set up is pretty cool with the Phillies, Flyers and 76ers right there...easy to get to with a not too bad of a tailgate scene.

Yes, I remember being shocked the first time I went to the LINC. It was very nice and even the staff was friendly. It was crazy different than the Vet days.

As a Giants fan, it pains me to say, but the LINC is so much better than the soul less life sucking air conditioning duct that is Met life.

The jokes are appropriate. Even when Philly rarely wins something their fans are miserable and bitter. Jokes well deserved.

As a Giants fan, it pains me to say, but the LINC is so much better than the soul less life sucking air conditioning duct that is Met life.

The jokes are appropriate. Even when Philly rarely wins something their fans are miserable and bitter. Jokes well deserved.

I’m not here to defend Philly fans, but I will say there’s a lot of NYC area fans (and fans all over) who live in glass houses.

Real life example:

2 years ago I moved my season ticket location right below a group of 6-10 upper aged guys. A couple of them were some of those most miserable sob’s I’ve ever sat around. Every single play, of every single game they bitched and moaned at the top of their lungs. To the point that it hurt your ears. I get that it was the Chris Ash era, but it was absolutely unbearable and ruined the experience of trying to watch a college game.

So towards the end of the season I had enough. They migrated down into some of my seats that were open and continued their bitching and moaning after every play, so i politely turned around and asked if they wanted to continuing screaming at the top of their lungs they please sit back in their seats and not my seats.

A couple of them completely lost it and tried claiming they weren’t my seats (when they were) and they’ve all been sitting their together for over 20 years so they were allowed to yell and say whatever they wanted.

I ended up just getting up and moving away before I really lost it and when they saw I was wearing a jacket with an eagles emblem they went on to lambast me.

But Philly fans are always miserable....

LOL.

I’m not here to defend Philly fans, but I will say there’s a lot of NYC area fans (and fans all over) who live in glass houses.

Real life example:

2 years ago I moved my season ticket location right below a group of 6-10 upper aged guys. A couple of them were some of those most miserable sob’s I’ve ever sat around. Every single play, of every single game they bitched and moaned at the top of their lungs. To the point that it hurt your ears. I get that it was the Chris Ash era, but it was absolutely unbearable and ruined the experience of trying to watch a college game.

So towards the end of the season I had enough. They migrated down into some of my seats that were open and continued their bitching and moaning after every play, so i politely turned around and asked if they wanted to continuing screaming at the top of their lungs they please sit back in their seats and not my seats.

A couple of them completely lost it and tried claiming they weren’t my seats (when they were) and they’ve all been sitting their together for over 20 years so they were allowed to yell and say whatever they wanted.

I ended up just getting up and moving away before I really lost it and when they saw I was wearing a jacket with an eagles emblem they went on to lambast me.

LOL.
Plexiglass is harder to break.

Real life example:

LOL.

Somehow I was rooting for Janowski to get punched out by the upper aged fans in his story. Instead he just retreated and let the old guys take over his seats. Not a very pleasant story for an Eagles fan, ha!

Real life example:

LOL.
We have many great fans but also some total losers here and there just like every fan base. Philly though compared to others just seems to take it to another level. They seem to have more lowlifes and their low is just lower than others. They also have many super fans of course. Maybe raiders fans are worse overall - I could buy that.

We have many great fans but also some total losers here and there just like every fan base. Philly though compared to others just seems to take it to another level. They seem to have more lowlifes and their low is just lower than others. They also have many super fans of course. Maybe raiders fans are worse overall - I could buy that.
I would amend what you said slightly. I don't think Philly has more lowlifes. I think the number of lowlifes is the same, proportionally, as many other cities. I think Philly's lowlifes are just worse because they're proud of it. They enjoy being fake tough guys and think it's ok to physically fight over whether the team you root for is better than the team I root for, which is ridiculous.
I've been going to games in Philly for almost 40 years and 95%+ of the fans are pretty normal fans. But that 5% gives everyone else a bad name because they're morons who can't help themselves.

Their behavior before the Minnesota game.... Minnesota... who hates Minnesota? was frightening.

I would amend what you said slightly. I don't think Philly has more lowlifes. I think the number of lowlifes is the same, proportionally, as many other cities. I think Philly's lowlifes are just worse because they're proud of it. They enjoy being fake tough guys and think it's ok to physically fight over whether the team you root for is better than the team I root for, which is ridiculous.
I've been going to games in Philly for almost 40 years and 95%+ of the fans are pretty normal fans. But that 5% gives everyone else a bad name because they're morons who can't help themselves.
Probably fair.

I’ll also add that a ton of media comes from NY and Boston so naturally Philly is an easy target. I mean how many more decades are we going to have to hear about Santa clause getting hit with snowballs? That’s one of the most boring and lazy stories that continues to live.

I will never defend scumbag fans and won’t deny Philly has them, but incidents happen everywhere and some cities are bad (San Fran, Oakland) but they don’t get the media play, or people quickly forget.

Of the current new stadiums I 've been to it is the best setup and has a great look to it. Unlike MetLife. I ride my bike through the sports complex about 3 times a week as the finish to a longer ride. I live several blocks from there. It's still kind of cool after some trips around the area.

I’ll also add that a ton of media comes from NY and Boston so naturally Philly is an easy target. I mean how many more decades are we going to have to hear about Santa clause getting hit with snowballs? That’s one of the most boring and lazy stories that continues to live.

I will never defend scumbag fans and won’t deny Philly has them, but incidents happen everywhere and some cities are bad (San Fran, Oakland) but they don’t get the media play, or people quickly forget.
My Dad and my late Uncle (his brother in law) used to both have Giants and Eagles season tickets. Giant game here, my cousins would visit. Eagle game at the Vet, we’d go to their house.

Over the years the “stories” told by BOTH of them had one common denominator...they all happened at the Vet. And he would wear Eagle stuff at Giants Stadium too.

More sample of one stories from our china doll Giant fans, so fragile. These threads are incredibly stupid and it's the usual suspects bitching and moaning that Eagles fans hurt Giants fans' feelings. Give it a rest already.

More sample of one stories from our china doll Giant fans, so fragile. These threads are incredibly stupid and it's the usual suspects bitching and moaning that Eagles fans hurt Giants fans' feelings. Give it a rest already.
Besides that it's complete bullshiiiit.

Besides that it's complete bullshiiiit.
I have run into a-hole fans at Giants Stadium back in the day too. They're everywhere- we even have them in our own RU fanbase. And when the Giants fans post these anecdotes, I guess we should all assume every last one of them was on their very best behavior the entire time.

I always like to use, "the annex to Rahway State Prison. but I must say yours is quite clever. I remember when I 1st walked in, I was like damn, $1.6 billion dollars for a mausoleum? Place is just so drab. I get it they had to go neutral, but gray is just so blah, it's a soulless donut hole.

Last edited:
Who's fragile again? LOL
And when the Giants fans post these anecdotes, I guess we should all assume every last one of them was on their very best behavior the entire time.
The very best.

Reactions: goru1869
I always like to use, "the annex to Rahway State Prison. but I must say yours is quite clever. I remember when I 1st walked in, I was like damn, $1.6 billion dollars for a mausoleum? Place is just so drab. I get it they had to go neutral, but gray is just so blah, it's a soulless donut hole.
Awful. And you can't even walk around the whole thing either.

It wasn't Wellington's idea. This was a John and Tisch's son push.

Reactions: koleszar
I've been to MetLife once. I won't go back except for Army-Navy game next year and the moment Eric Legrand goes back and gets him self up off the ground and walks off. The only time I was there I was there I left the game early. I'm glad I did because I didn't see EL go down live.

I mean how many more decades are we going to have to hear about Santa clause getting hit with snowballs?
In your lifetime, how many times have you ever heard of people throwing snowballs at Santa Clause? That's why it has the longevity, because people simply don't do it. Well except Eagles fans.

Awful. And you can't even walk around the whole thing either.
Yes that was quite frustrating navigation going from Giants stadium to the new Eyesore. I remember quite a few curse words being screamed as I stared at a wall. Then trying to find someone to tell me how to navigate this elaborate mouse trap they designed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT