ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

I agree with you, he doesn't move the needle, but he's better that what the Mets have been marching out this so far this year. Montgomery signed a one deal for $25 million with a player option for $20. That's not expensive.
Agree with both- sort of- with the deal he signed for- no brainer…Senga out- he isn’t a 3 with us.

I agree with you, he doesn't move the needle, but he's better that what the Mets have been marching out this so far this year. Montgomery signed an one deal for $25 million with a player option for $20. That's not expensive.
We had the best ERA in the NL coming into today. Not the best time to complain about the pitching.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
We had the best ERA in the NL coming into today. Not the best time to complain about the pitching.
Fool's gold. The back of the cards for most of the pitchers say something different. It's great they got out of the gate strong, but the truth will knock on the door at some point this season.

Thought it was my imagination, but there truly are few games on WPIX this season so far. That's weird. First regular season game broadcast is April 20, then two more, than none for another month?

April 20Dodgers4 p.m.
5.April 21Dodgers4 p.m.
6.April 23Giants9:45 p.m.
7.May 18Marlins4 p.m.
8.May 19Marlins1:30 p.m.
9.May 25Giants1:30 p.m.
10.May 26Giants1:30 p.m.
11.May 31Diamondbacks7 p.m.

Weird "Doc" story. We had a large fire in our office building in 2014. I had a Kyle Flood bobblehead and a Doc Gooden bobblehead in my office, which took a lot of fire. I found the head of the Kyle Flood bobblehead in the ruins. The Doc Gooden bobblehead was never found. Some thought he may have been responsible. . . . .

Doc's presser.

Jeeze does Lindor fail big time after big time. He really needs to give up on hitting lefty. It’s not happening at this point.

Reactions: nutfromSEC117
Glorious day of baseball here at Citi Field. Three straight series wins and pleasantly surprised as I was scoreboard watching. 😁

If things get out of hand on the war fronts,will Manfred allow the Mets and the Phillies to go to England?
Then too,there's the much larger question of the Olympics in Paris.

Interesting game by Butto yesterday. Hitting the black, working up-and-in and down-and-away, nice change up. It's much better than he's ever looked, at least to me. In the least, it earns him more opportunities.

April 14 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured
  3. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - G1 3/4, R, SB(6), G2 0/4, .207/.526
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (High A Brooklyn) - 1/4, K, .156/.602
  5. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/3, K, .156/.482
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - 1/4, R, 2 K, .294/.951
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 3.1 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HR, 11.42
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Extended Spring Training) - N/A
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - 3/5, 2B(2), R, .367/.994
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (Extended Spring Training) - N/A
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (High A Brooklyn) - 1/4, HR(2), R, 2 RBI, 3 K, .273/1.182
  20. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/3, K, .250/.764
  21. Jesus Baez SS/2B (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/4, .263/.807
  22. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 0 HR, 0.00
  23. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  24. Nate Lavender LHP (AAA Syracuse) - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, 0 HR, 5.40
  25. Boston Baro SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - Injured
  26. Nick Morabito OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/2, R, BB, K, SB(4), .267/.917
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AA Binghamton) - 0/5, K, .269/.752
Honorable Mention

• Kade Morris RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Jonah Tong RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
If things get out of hand on the war fronts,will Manfred allow the Mets and the Phillies to go to England?
Then too,there's the much larger question of the Olympics in Paris.
Depends who's calling the shots. Having "the adults " back in the room hasn't worked out very well.

chromacat-chromacatlive.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Fubo dropping SNY really sucks donkey balls. I miss reasonably priced cable and get off my lawn.

It can seem like a long road back to .500 when you drop your first 5 but they've made it. And so everybody who killed so many players, and labeled Mendoza a failure as a manager after 5 games can pipe down for a whie.

Reactions: Zak57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT