ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

Sweep. Yankees now 12-3.
Gerrit who ?
DJ who ?
Jonathan who ?

That's a good Guardians team too. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, it's another series win for the Yankees. I know it's early, but this season has vibes of being one to remember for a long time.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
That's a good Guardians team too. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, it's another series win for the Yankees. I know it's early, but this season has vibes of being one to remember for a long time.
The Guardians were 9-3 when they played the Yankkes today...in their house.
Now they're 9-5.
Wait until Judge starts hitting.

Hard to rip the dude when he is on pace for 150 RBI...I didn't see the bat that is being referred too but out of the 4 balls he took, were any of them just off the black and a good pitch to hit?
And the guy has Judge hitting behind him- only a HR by Soto in that AB moves the needle- otherwise- Judge still has to get a hit.

Hard to rip the dude when he is on pace for 150 RBI...I didn't see the bat that is being referred too but out of the 4 balls he took, were any of them just off the black and a good pitch to hit?
And the guy has Judge hitting behind him- only a HR by Soto in that AB moves the needle- otherwise- Judge still has to get a hit.
Spoken from a guy who didn’t read Ted Williams book Yes!….or never really played the game.
Imagine approaching your at bat thinking about the slump the guy behind you is in…. Ridiculous!
Swinging at balls out the strike zone to avoid a walk, statistically will result in Mendoza line numbers

Said this before.....Soto taking a walk with Judge behind him is ALWAYS a good at bat. Period.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Spoken from a guy who didn’t read Ted Williams book Yes!….or never really played the game.
Imagine approaching your at bat thinking about the slump the guy behind you is in…. Ridiculous!
Swinging at balls out the strike zone to avoid a walk, statistically will result in Mendoza line numbers
Amazes me when people really have no concept of a game they are writing about.
And not everyone is your Dad who never saw a pitch he couldn’t drive. Lol
Soto has the game’s premier hitter behind him- the choice of swinging at a bad pitch or getting a walk shouldn’t even be in the conversation

Reactions: zappaa
Oh look, Florial just hit another home run, to take the lead in the 8th.

You could tell Ferguson was gonna blow the game from the way he was pitching. They're undoubtedly gonna need to beef up the bullpen at the trade deadline this year.

Reactions: Kbee3
That's wild. I just read an article this weekend on Pinstripe Alley that quoted him as saying he was thinking of retiring but it wasn't anytime soon. I'd hate to think something is wrong.

That's wild. I just read an article this weekend on Pinstripe Alley that quoted him as saying he was thinking of retiring but it wasn't anytime soon. I'd hate to think something is wrong.
he is 86 years old...

Reactions: Kbee3
Him and Michael Kay were dynamite during the rise in 1996. Great home run calls, and unis "no name of course". As soon as they were separated by the Yes Network it went downhill fast. Yes with Kay and players, especially Bobby Murcer are decent. Sterling and Susan are an awful radio team. Wish him a great retirement, won't miss a second.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Just another thing to make me feel old.
I think I started listening to games on the radio when the Yanks were on 770 AM when I was in 5th/6th grade. It was right when Sterling started or shortly afterwards. His voice has been part of my fan life for it's entirety. Like you said, it makes me feel old too!

Reactions: RULoyal
With the way the starting pitchers are performing, this BP will be toast by the ASG.

Rodon...100 pitches by 4th inning. Game was decided on the Springer AB...got up in count 0-2 and walked him. Vlad follows with 2rbi hit.

LOL

Last edited:
Painful to listen to Susan W on FAN today- the Yankees have their superstar really struggling and you hear her going on and on about Vlad and Bo struggling so much and how unbelievable it is to see hitters like that doing so badly.

Never was a Sterling fan with his HR calls and pontificating. He was the direct opposite of a guy like Scully who never forgot that the broadcast was first and most importantly about the game.
I guess the self aggrandizement worked though as he probably ends up in the Broadcasters wing in Cooperstown.
Many don't realize that he was a pioneer in sports talk radio. He use to have an evening show on WMCA in the early 70s. This was about a decade before the Art Rust JR show on WABC.
He had a nickname contest where he would give the nickname and you had to ID the player. One thrill of my young life was when I mailed him a list of players and nicknames and he used some of them. He thanked me on the air. First time i had heard my name on the radio.
Hopefully there is no serious illness here and he leads a long life, but I won't miss him.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Never was a Sterling fan with his HR calls and pontificating. He was the direct opposite of a guy like Scully who never forgot that the broadcast was first and most importantly about the game.
I guess the self aggrandizement worked though as he probably ends up in the Broadcasters wing in Cooperstown.
Many don't realize that he was a pioneer in sports talk radio. He use to have an evening show on WMCA in the early 70s. This was about a decade before the Art Rust JR show on WABC.
He had a nickname contest where he would give the nickname and you had to ID the player. One thrill of my young life was when I mailed him a list of players and nicknames and he used some of them. He thanked me on the air. First time i had heard my name on the radio.
Hopefully there is no serious illness here and he leads a long life, but I won't miss him.
Vin Scully was the best there ever was.

Great comeback today. It's nice to see these guys performing in the clutch for once and not just striking out. It's amazing what a few new players can do for the overall approach of a team.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Great comeback today. It's nice to see these guys performing in the clutch for once and not just striking out. It's amazing what a few new players can do for the overall approach of a team.
Never lose faith!

Reactions: Rhuarc
You guys had a really big game today- not only is Soto doing everything advertised but Volpe is becoming a star. Judge git a huge hit and you know if healthy- he is always going to be 40+ and 100 rbi. It is huge to see Stanton finally becoming a major piece of the offense for the first time since his 1st year here.
Once Judge and Torres get to be their normal baseball card- you all will be happy as heck

You guys had a really big game today- not only is Soto doing everything advertised but Volpe is becoming a star. Judge git a huge hit and you know if healthy- he is always going to be 40+ and 100 rbi. It is huge to see Stanton finally becoming a major piece of the offense for the first time since his 1st year here.
Once Judge and Torres get to be their normal baseball card- you all will be happy as heck
What was funny was that in the 9th Soto walked to load the bases when they needed a hit and all I could think of was @colbert17

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
What was funny was that in the 9th Soto walked to load the bases when they needed a hit and all I could think of was @colbert17
Soto- who is leading the team in everything- did what he should have done. and I love colbert but I think that maybe this year's Soto is not exactly the guy he saw.

Crazy thing- outside of Traveno- there was no one on the bench tonight that has even had a hit this year...that is crazy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT