ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official NFL Draft First Four Pick Speculation Thread

This is a thread that includes Josh Rosen and you are calling Barkley the bust?????

Ok, so Rosen is bigger bust. But look at it this way : tiki barber (second round ), Brandon Jacobs (fourth round), Barkley (second pick overall). Barkley will go into year 4 with what playing 1 full season ? Not exactly lighting it up for a guy gettelman said would wear gold jacket.

This post didn’t age well. Rosen is now on Tampa’s taxi squad, 4th string behind Brady, Blaine Gabbert and Ryan Griffin. One and done in both AZ and Miami.

I think that there were a lot of people rooting for a Jewish QB to make it...

Ok, so Rosen is bigger bust. But look at it this way : tiki barber (second round ), Brandon Jacobs (fourth round), Barkley (second pick overall). Barkley will go into year 4 with what playing 1 full season ? Not exactly lighting it up for a guy gettelman said would wear gold jacket.
I really can't blame Barkley though when Gettleman has given him NO help up front on the line and traded away everyone else so opposing teams can just triple saquon and beat him down. Tiki and Brandon were on teams that included a solid O-Line, Jeremy Shockley, Amani Toomer, Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, Plaxico, etc... Saquon has NO ONE to take pressure off him... He's been phenomenal when he's been healthy. 2k all purpose yards as a rookie is straight ridiculous. It wasn't the best place for him though. The giants passing attack scares NO ONE so opposing defenses just stack 8 in the box to defend Barkley.... Of course now the giants will be competing for the #1 pick so...

Reactions: Morrischiano
I really can't blame Barkley though when Gettleman has given him NO help up front on the line and traded away everyone else so opposing teams can just triple saquon and beat him down. Tiki and Brandon were on teams that included a solid O-Line, Jeremy Shockley, Amani Toomer, Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, Plaxico, etc... Saquon has NO ONE to take pressure off him... He's been phenomenal when he's been healthy. 2k all purpose yards as a rookie is straight ridiculous. It wasn't the best place for him though. The giants passing attack scares NO ONE so opposing defenses just stack 8 in the box to defend Barkley.... Of course now the giants will be competing for the #1 pick so...

I agree it’s on gettleman. And I am not saying Barkley is a bust yet. But we can start to have that conversation .

I agree it’s on gettleman. And I am not saying Barkley is a bust yet. But we can start to have that conversation .

A better approach would have been to build up the OL first while taking RB’s in Rounds 3-5 as needed. Jones and Barkley are sometimes naked back there.

I didn't hear many people singing Tiki's praises until he got an OL in front of him that wasn't an embarrassment.

I really don't think you can start that conversation. I can't call a guy a bust because of injuries. Not when he's been sensational while he's heathy....

Gettleman has very little time left with the Giants. He’s unprofessional, has not fixed the OL in 3 yrs and the defense really only has 4 players with any talent

I'd rather Allen than Rosen I think. But what do I know? I just hope the QB the Jets draft works out. Would suck paying the big price to move up just to choose wrong.

Just looked back to see my thoughts at the time. Can't say I was disappointed in taking Darnold as a Jets fan at the time, but boy would Allen look good in green right about now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT