ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OKC vs GS is a track meet

miketd1

Heisman Winner
Sep 26, 2006
Getting tired just watching. They literally look like they are running suicides this entire 3rd quarter.

Not sure who said curry is better than Jordan, they should be shot lol. the more obvious comparison is Lebron vs Jordan...

Not sure who said curry is better than Jordan, they should be shot lol. the more obvious comparison is Lebron vs Jordan...

Some people on this board, especially one. I chalk it up to him being a millennial.

Lebron 6th finals In a row. Talk about elite consistency. Warriors were lucky love and Irving were hurt last years' finals...I think this cavs team matches up extremely well vs OKC or GS. Prefer it to be the Thunder, the individuals matchups would be epic in a Cleveland-OKC series

Curry is obviously still hurt. When healthy, he is the league's best shooter, 3 pt shooter, in steals, free throw shooter, dribbler, a top 3 passer, and is a great rebounder for his size. No player, inc Jordan, has ever dominated so many categories. Yes, Jordan was better but it's very close as far as how much above the mean they are from the rest of the NBA.

And if Curry was healthy, theyd beat both OKC and the Cavs in 5 or 6. Sources have said he's basically playing at 70% right now, limited in his lateral movement.

Last edited:
Curry is obviously still hurt. When healthy, he is the league's best shooter, 3 pt shooter, in steals, free throw shooter, dribbler and a top 3 passer. No player, inc Jordan, has ever dominated so many categories. Yes, Jordan was better but it's very close as far as how much above the mean they are from the rest of the NBA.

And if Curry was healthy, theyd beat both OKC and the Cavs in 5 or 6. Sources have said he's basically playing at 70% right now, limited in his lateral movement.

Curry's an amazing offensive player, maybe the best ever. But despite his great steal stats, his defense is just good, whereas Jordan played suffocating defense, often shutting down the other team's best scorer. Jordan's unparalleled complete game is why he will always be the best ever. It's also why I still think LeBron is at least as good as Curry, overall.

He is terrible at D. His steals are usually the result if risk taking leaving his man wide open.

As Barkely said, he is a great shooter. That's it.

Wrong. If you agree with an elementary thinker like Barkley, I don't know what to tell you. Curry is likely the best and most efficient scorer ever. That's it.

Not the best basketball player. Not close.

Russell Westbrook is destroying him.

Reactions: ATIOH
On plays with Curry as a primary matchup, the top 6 other PGs in the league this season actually shot 43.5 percent -- considerly below their season averages. Curry is also a surprisingly good defensive rebounder for his size. Among point guards who saw at least 1,000 minutes of action, he ranked eighth in defensive rebound percentage. In this series, he has been the third-best defensive rebounder among Golden State regulars behind big men Andrew Bogut and Draymond Green.

Add it up and box-score estimates peg Curry as a good defender for a point guard. Box plus-minus, which weights statistics based on how well they predict players adjusted plus-minus impact, rates Curry as average or better defensively among all players each of the past three seasons -- which is excellent when you consider that point guards are typically weakest defensively of any position.

Sample size and health, playa.

Jordan still dominated when not healthy. Another strike against Curry.

Curry beat a Cleveland team missing two starters, all with a lot of talent around him. Good for him, but is hardly all time stuff.

Jordan still dominated when not healthy. Another strike against Curry.

Curry beat a Cleveland team missing two starters, all with a lot of talent around him. Good for him, but is hardly all time stuff.

Revisionist history. Jordan had plenty of poor games offensively. It's just he shot so much that his scoring masked it. I don't recall Jordan ever having to deal with a limiting knee sprain or having his elbow break his fall on a dive, especially in the playoffs.

Last edited:
He is terrible at D. His steals are usually the result if risk taking leaving his man wide open.

As Barkely said, he is a great shooter. That's it.

And shooting is a huge part of the game. This is akin to saying someone is the best HR hitter of all time, but that's it. Something like this should never be marginalized.

Revisionist history. Jordan had plenty of poor games offensively. It's just he shot so much that his scoring masked it. I don't recall Jordan ever having to deal with a limiting knee sprain or having his elbow break his fall on a dive, especially in the playoffs.

You must have not watched Jordan at all.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...is-day-in-michael-jordan-history-the-flu-game

Jordan dominated the game over many years, has multiple championships and records, all in a much tougher time in a league full of good teams. And he did it in ever way- scoring, defense, rebounding.

To put those two in the same sentence is laughable. Truly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...is-day-in-michael-jordan-history-the-flu-game

Jordan dominated the game over many years, has multiple championships and records, all in a much tougher time in a league full of good teams. And he did it in ever way- scoring, defense, rebounding.

Jordan was the best ever. Curry is close. You presented anecdotes, subjective platitudes and a YouTube video. I presented facts based on real performance statistics. Enough said.

Jordan was the best ever. Curry is close. You presented anecdotes, subjective platitudes and a YouTube video. I presented facts based on real performance statistics. Enough said.

Championships are anecdotes? Curry isn't even the best in his era.

Curry is not close. Stop.

Wrong. If you agree with an elementary thinker like Barkley, I don't know what to tell you. Curry is likely the best and most efficient scorer ever. That's it.

You're right, we'll agree with the opinion you offer instead of someone who has earned the right to offer his. (I do think he's the best shooter in history. Best player and best shooter are two different things however. No, I don't think LeBron's MVP's comment should be taken seriously because I think he's a huge cry baby.)

Curry is not close. Stop.

You're right, we'll agree with the opinion you offer instead of someone who has earned the right to offer his. (I do think he's the best shooter in history. Best player and best shooter are two different things however. No, I don't think LeBron's MVP's comment should be taken seriously because I think he's a huge cry baby.)

Playing basketball is not nearly the same skill set as assessing basketball talent. Look at Jordan himself in this respect.

Actually, I'd love to be a scout.

Agree to disagree Cali. I guess we'll see how many rings and MVPs Curry accumulates over the years.

Won't be close to Jordan. And that will include playing a full career not leaving to pursue another sport in his prime.

Reactions: j10oreo
It's a different era.

Jordan played in the hand-check era and teams with true dominating centers. You had to really have a complete game because of all the half-court sets and pack(the paint) & hack defenses.

Curry is an awesome player. He's what you get if you combined J-Kidd and Reggie Miller which is incredible.

But Jordan is Jordan. You get solid mid range, plus 3pts, unstoppable post game, and All-NBA defense.

I really like Steph Curry. While I don't watch nba anymore outside of the playoffs, but I love his game and the fact that he didn't play AAU ball but rather worked on the fundamentals of his game instead. That said...he is not nor ever will be close to being Michael Jordan.

Throw out stats, rings, MVPs, etc....there is one major factor separating Jordan not only from Curry but most other NBA players throughout history...he is patholigically competitive. To the point where he'd cheat his own grandmother to get an edge. The guy was completely ruthless on top of being physically blessed. Big Bill Cartwright had to go to Phil Jackson at one point and plead with him "will you get this guy off of my case in practice?!?" Also physically speaking, Jordan was the quintessential 2-guard. Curry is a stringbean. But don't even need to go there. Jordan and LAwrence Taylor are the two sickest, nastiest competitors I've ever watched play a sport in my lifetime and that's why we will never see another one of either of them despite how many comparisons have and will be made to both of them. They both were just wired in such a way it was almost psychotic.

Reactions: ntlrock1
The best ever is Kareem Andul-Jabbar

Wilt Chamberlain. The NBA had to change several rules due to his dominance. Futhermore, he played at a time when there was better talent top to bottom. Nowadays one man leaves a team, that team goes from one of the best to one of the worst while the destination team goes from the worst to the Finals every year. A real joke of a league.

Wilt Chamberlain. The NBA had to change several rules due to his dominance. Futhermore, he played at a time when there was better talent top to bottom. Nowadays one man leaves a team, that team goes from one of the best to one of the worst while the destination team goes from the worst to the Finals every year. A real joke of a league.

Can you provide some examples of a player leaving and the team going from one of the best to one of the worst, while the other team goes to the finals every year ? You must mean Lebron leaving Cleveland and going to Miami, any other examples ? The same thing happened when Kareem Adbul Jabbar went from Milwaukee to LA though. Milwaukee went from one of the best to one of the worst. I actually think it happens less now

The Curry vs Jordan debate is just silly. The eras are completely different (i.e. the three greatest three point seasons in NBA history belong to this GS backcourt. Think about that)

Even if you could somehow time travel one team I don't see the two even guarding each other in a game. Curry is not nearly physical enough to D MJ and the only thing that seems to slightly bother Curry is height so I'd see Pip being put on him.

Of course this brings up the issue of what rules are we playing under? Zone allowed? The one real advantage for the Bulls from my vantage point is I think Rodman would really bother Draymond defensively and on the boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT