ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OKC vs GS is a track meet

Wilt Chamberlain. The NBA had to change several rules due to his dominance. Futhermore, he played at a time when there was better talent top to bottom. Nowadays one man leaves a team, that team goes from one of the best to one of the worst while the destination team goes from the worst to the Finals every year. A real joke of a league.
That has only happened with Lebron and while he probably does more to lift his teammates than any other player I've seen more comes into play.

It is sort of amazing how the people who measure players on championships dismiss Lebron's move to Miami. They think there is some purity in winning with who you were drafted with but what if you were drafted into a franchise whose front office is broken. People want to compare Jordan to Lebron but not consider the front offices they had to deal with.

In the time that Lebron was in Cleveland the only move they made that benefited the team was taking him in the draft and it was the easiest move in history. The Cavs roster was full of replacement level players. A mix of never gonna be young guys and never gonna be again old guys. When he left he didn't have a good enough supporting cast and the Cavs made a horrible move that meant he wouldn't have a good enough supporting cast for the next three years. They traded Zydrinus Ilgauskus for Antawn Jameson and his giant contract. This was before the NBA added the amnesty clause. There was no way Lebron was going to win in Cleveland. Your front office is necessary to win championships and if you don't get drafted into the right one it isn't going to happen. So why do people hate on the player who had the equivalent luck of being born of crackhead parents and having the good sense of leaving? The Knicks aren't going to put you in a situation to win. If Curry had been drafted by the Knicks he never becomes an MVP. He probably gets his soul crushed by all the losing and doesn't do the work he needed to do be as good as he has become. So Lebron leverages his position to put winning first and people hate on him? Idiots.

The Curry vs Jordan debate is just silly. The eras are completely different (i.e. the three greatest three point seasons in NBA history belong to this GS backcourt. Think about that)

Even if you could somehow time travel one team I don't see the two even guarding each other in a game. Curry is not nearly physical enough to D MJ and the only thing that seems to slightly bother Curry is height so I'd see Pip being put on him.

Of course this brings up the issue of what rules are we playing under? Zone allowed? The one real advantage for the Bulls from my vantage point is I think Rodman would really bother Draymond defensively and on the boards.

Jordan was all world defensively. He'd shut down either Curry or Thompson.

Jordan was all world defensively. He'd shut down either Curry or Thompson.
Id probably agree with you on Thompson but the way he played last night nobody stops that even Jordan. Curry with that release when he's going is going to get his points (from the perimeter though )

That has only happened with Lebron and while he probably does more to lift his teammates than any other player I've seen more comes into play.

It is sort of amazing how the people who measure players on championships dismiss Lebron's move to Miami. They think there is some purity in winning with who you were drafted with but what if you were drafted into a franchise whose front office is broken. People want to compare Jordan to Lebron but not consider the front offices they had to deal with.

In the time that Lebron was in Cleveland the only move they made that benefited the team was taking him in the draft and it was the easiest move in history. The Cavs roster was full of replacement level players. A mix of never gonna be young guys and never gonna be again old guys. When he left he didn't have a good enough supporting cast and the Cavs made a horrible move that meant he wouldn't have a good enough supporting cast for the next three years. They traded Zydrinus Ilgauskus for Antawn Jameson and his giant contract. This was before the NBA added the amnesty clause. There was no way Lebron was going to win in Cleveland. Your front office is necessary to win championships and if you don't get drafted into the right one it isn't going to happen. So why do people hate on the player who had the equivalent luck of being born of crackhead parents and having the good sense of leaving? The Knicks aren't going to put you in a situation to win. If Curry had been drafted by the Knicks he never becomes an MVP. He probably gets his soul crushed by all the losing and doesn't do the work he needed to do be as good as he has become. So Lebron leverages his position to put winning first and people hate on him? Idiots.

For some reason I think you're a Buffalo Bills fan.....

All the whining aside, that was an incredible game 6, with each team scoring haymaker after haymaker until the end, when GS just went unconscious from outside. Curry may not have had the most amazing first 3 quarters, but he was unstoppable in the 4th. Anyone who didn't enjoy that incredibly skilled and hard-fought game, is simply not a basketball fan. Game 7 is gonna rock - and don't count out OKC. I'm just annoyed it's on at the same time as the Stanley Cup final, game 1.

Reactions: Newbrunfus
Actually I'm a fan of the Patriots. I don't have a strong NBA tie but this year I would like to see the city of Cleveland get one.

If so, the 30-30, Believeland, will either seem very fitting, or passé...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT