ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Poll: What would you do?

Do you go to the concert?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019
So let’s say that the lockdown is lifted in NYC May 1. Your favorite band of all time is retired/broken up but on May 2nd they are playing a one night only show in a packed MSG.

You have tickets. What do you do?

If its Oasis or U2 - I'm all in ... screw it. 48 days of quarantine. I've officially lost my mind and I need to get out! Like Natalie Imbruglia - I'm Torn. I know - I'm old. Hopefully golf will help me on both saturday and sunday. I might try and play 72 holes in 2 days and then will need to take a month off from golf because my back will be wrenched from too much golf. :Angry

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
Nope Nope.
It would be loud and people will be yelling.
Yelling out, singing etc pumps up the cootie load

“You’ve got a bunch of people sitting close to each other. The other thing is that people are probably yelling and screaming and cheering on their teams,” he said. “We know you’re probably kicking out a lot more droplets as you talk and scream than you would if you are just breathing or talking in a normal voice.”

https://people.com/human-interest/5-men-died-coronavirus-linked-high-school-basketball-game-indiana/

Reactions: RUaMoose
I voted NO because this didn't mention that wearing a mask would likely be required but even more so there is no way a sold concert would be permitted the very next day.
I do have tix for a show in a small theater north of Phila for early June. That will be interesting.

Doesn't matter what it is...not going to anything like that for a while. Only thing I can think of that I would even consider is it was back to 2010 and it was my son's very first NFL game. And even then, I would be pissed they were even risking his health by having a season and I would also have had to think long and hard about going regardless but I would have.

Voted yes but then I realized you said msg. No band could get me there. Now if it was at the rock yes I would go !

I voted yes so I am going to see my favorite band in an empty arena. Love it! You all know if you do get infected your chance of dying is very, very low if your under 70. You have a better chance of dying on the car ride up.

Reactions: goru1869
I voted yes so I am going to see my favorite band in an empty arena. Love it! You all know if you do get infected your chance of dying is very, very low if your under 70. You have a better chance of dying on the car ride up.
Yeah- so, I just hope you don't have any loved ones that are over 70 or have any high risk conditions. Oh wait, you are only concerned about yourself...nevermind

Yes
Yeah- so, I just hope you don't have any loved ones that are over 70 or have any high risk conditions. Oh wait, you are only concerned about yourself...nevermind
Sir, you need to educate yourself on this situation. I wear my mask, gloves and I do not shove things in my nose, mouth or eyes. You know we are not going to eliminate the virus, it is always going to be around. If I was a high risk person then I would take all the precautions necessary. But 93% of the population is under 70. You can not hide forever, the curve has flattened and time to get back to life.

Reactions: goru1869

Don't think that's true. On average there's around 1.6 motor vehicle deaths per day in NJ. With fewer cars on the road lately it's probably even lower right now.

Don't think that's true. On average there's around 1.6 motor vehicle deaths per day in NJ. With fewer cars on the road lately it's probably even lower right now.

if you are under 64, based on the numbers on the NJ Covid data page, you have a 0.16% chance of dying of covid. Which is pretty darn low and lower than dying of the flu.

if you are under 64, based on the numbers on the NJ Covid data page, you have a 0.16% chance of dying of covid. Which is pretty darn low and lower than dying of the flu.

Of course not everyone will contract Covid but if you assume 7 of the 9 million people in NJ are 64 or under .0016 is 11,200. 565 people died on NJ roadways in 2018.

Another way to look at it is if you assume as many as 90% of the covid deaths the past 2 months were those over 64 you still have 677 deaths which is 112 more than the number of traffic fatalities for an entire year.

So let’s say that the lockdown is lifted in NYC May 1. Your favorite band of all time is retired/broken up but on May 2nd they are playing a one night only show in a packed MSG.

You have tickets. What do you do?
I go to work make money for my family then go home. Will only go to outside events where a mask is mandatory for entry. Anyone taking them off is asked to leave.

I equate it to, if I'm naked and someone pees on me, my skin is going to get wet from the piss. If I'm wearing jeans my skin may get a little wet. Now if they're wearing jeans they'll just piss on themselves.

Reactions: scripts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT