ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Property tax relief coming for those over 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's breaking the law. Courts have ruled.

Crossings at a record low. Lower than the felon's time in office.

Why didn't Republicans build a wall when they had full control for 2 years? Oh right. They know a wall is dumb.

And I thought Mexico was paying? Oops
No other way of saying it but you are ignorant on this topic. In the first few months of his term the Biden Administration reversed almost every executive order the prior administration had put in place to slow illegal crossings. And worse yet they bragged about it. I have gone to two funerals of good friends children in the last two years caused by Fentanyl overdoses. Just look at the overdose stats - horrifying. Your political derangement is sad.

No other way of saying it but you are ignorant on this topic. In the first few months of his term the Biden Administration reversed almost every executive order the prior administration had put in place to slow illegal crossings. And worse yet they bragged about it. I have gone to two funerals of good friends children in the last two years caused by Fentanyl overdoses. Just look at the overdose stats - horrifying. Your political derangement is sad.

Stop with the false narrative champ. The vast majority of fentanyl smuggling is done by your neighbors.

Stop with the false narrative champ. The vast majority of fentanyl smuggling is done by your neighbors.

Thank you. Yes, Juan and his kids with “Hello Kitty” backpacks escaping a dire life couldn’t possibly bring them over the border in said backpacks.
They never have as depicted in those anger and fear-fostering political ads.
Please wake up, Cult45. It’s American citizens bringing them through legal ports of entry…
Record fentanyl bust at the southern border; smuggler, like many, was American

Thank you. Yes, Juan and his kids with “Hello Kitty” backpacks escaping a dire life couldn’t possibly bring them over the border in said backpacks.
They never have as depicted in those anger and fear-fostering political ads.
Please wake up, Cult45. It’s American citizens bringing them through legal ports of entry…
Record fentanyl bust at the southern border; smuggler, like many, was American

I didn’t know that.

U.S. citizens accounted for 89% of convicted fentanyl traffickers in 2022, according to data compiled by David Bier, an immigration and border security expert at the Cato Institute.

Over 90% of fentanyl seizures occurred at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes, Bier said.

Coming from the guy that follows NPR for “facts”. Thanks for proving my original point.
You can find the absolute fact it is American citizens doing the smuggling through legal ports of entry all over from tons of sources that fit even the most right wing-colored glasses. See the one from the Cato Institute above?
And you folks wonder why we call you a cult.
GUaYlHtWQAA5yP0

You can find the absolute fact it is American citizens doing the smuggling through legal ports of entry all over from tons of sources that fit even the most right wing-colored glasses. See the one from the Cato Institute above?
GUaYlHtWQAA5yP0

Americans could be smuggling it in through legal ports of entry and the cartels could be smuggling a lot in illegally across the porous border. It's not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: letitrip2

LOL

Tell everyone champ

More crossings now or October 2020? Show your work so I can embarrass you further.

Yes if not for the bOrDeR no one would die of a drug overdose.

Let's treat those on fentanyl the same as those who used crack in the 80s, right?

Reactions: Kbee3 and BossNJ
Wrong
The Supreme Court did not rule that remain in Mexico was illegal, they ruled that Biden could end it through executive order

And we had a huge spike in illegal aliens in the states since Biden

Reading comprehension time!

Where did I say SCOTUS?

9th Cir ruled it and SCOTUS didn't overturn. That makes it law of the land.

No, there was no increase in "illegal aliens" at all. Crossings are lower than fall 2020. Try again.

Reactions: Kbee3 and BossNJ
The moderation has cost the owner of this site thousands of dollars per year.
How? The moderators rarely touch posts on the round table. So you are saying you’d pay for premium not for the round table but for CCE board if more people thought your way politically?

In the history of the world, I don't think anyone looks back and says "Gee, good thing I ignored those people threatening mass deportation camps/terminating the Constitution/forcing religion in public schools!" so I am OK saying something. It costs me literally nothing and their arguments are so moronic it doesn't even cost any brain power. And it's a good reminder to everyone else what the stakes are, because not everyone can afford a trip to Europe and see what a concentration camp looked like. If they could, we probably wouldn't have to have this discussion.
Concentration camps. Lol.

How? The moderators rarely touch posts on the round table. So you are saying you’d pay for premium not for the round table but for CCE board if more people thought your way politically?
There are more people that think his way politically but they’re too smart to waste all their time cackling back and forth with delusional rubes.

Reactions: NotInRHouse

I hear illegal immigrants are a benefit to the economy and I hear they are a negative to the economy. I don’t know who’s right. I do believe there should be restrictions on the immigration to keep the numbers down and less government assistance. I don’t remember much government assistance to illegals in the past years other than private assistance.
Well that’s quite easy. Liberals always claimed illegals were great for the economy, real benefit. Then Texas started shipping bus loads of illegals to their cities. Now they are asking for federal money because the illegals cost too much. Shocker.

GUaYlHtWQAA5yP0
Arguing that open borders do not contribute to the fentanyl catastrophe is just embarrassing. If that were true why would the current administration brag about all the drugs they have stopped at the border. But keep quoting partisan talking points as the source of truth.
Only your favorite network has settled a $800 million defamation lawsuit, but sure, please carry on.
I do not watch Fox.

Well that’s quite easy. Liberals always claimed illegals were great for the economy, real benefit. Then Texas started shipping bus loads of illegals to their cities. Now they are asking for federal money because the illegals cost too much. Shocker.
I don't trust anybody's math on how illegal immigrants impact the economy. It's an insanely complex equation with tons of variables, many of which change constantly. So anytime anybody talks about how illegals affect the economy, good or bad, what they're really doing is putting out half-truth propaganda to support their chosen ideological stance.

In other words, it's nonsensical BS no matter which side is peddling their crap about it. Ideological stances are for driving voter behavior and people who actually believe in either side's BS are sheep.

OTOH, illegal immigration unarguably introduces an uncontrolled means of border crossing that terrorists can leverage. People can debate the actual percentages 'cause nobody knows - there's no way to prove it. But I think pretty much all of us can agree that securing our borders is a matter of national security.

So reasonable measures to help limit illegal border crossings makes sense. A wall isn't reasonable, but technological solutions can be, along with a bunch of other stuff.

Unfortunately, it's a political football. Which means that, depending on timing, politicians on both sides will have a vested interest in seeking or avoiding compromise. In other words, both sides benefit politically from maintaining the status quo on this wedge issue.

LOL

Tell everyone champ

More crossings now or October 2020? Show your work so I can embarrass you further.

Yes if not for the bOrDeR no one would die of a drug overdose.

Let's treat those on fentanyl the same as those who used crack in the 80s, right?
So you read an article from NPR and are now claiming that the open border has had no impact at all on that drug getting into the country. You convinced me champ. I will let my two friends know that lost their kids - it will make them feel better.

There are more people that think his way politically but they’re too smart to waste all their time cackling back and forth with delusional rubes.
How does that cost him money? Paying for premium gets you the RT and CCE. Are you saying people won’t pay for the RT because they can’t help but visit the CCE board. Makes no sense.

I don't trust anybody's math on how illegal immigrants impact the economy. It's an insanely complex equation with tons of variables, many of which change constantly. So anytime anybody talks about how illegals affect the economy, good or bad, what they're really doing is putting out half-truth propaganda to support their chosen ideological stance.

In other words, it's nonsensical BS no matter which side is peddling their crap about it. Ideological stances are for driving voter behavior and people who actually believe in either side's BS are sheep.

OTOH, illegal immigration unarguably introduces an uncontrolled means of border crossing that terrorists can leverage. People can debate the actual percentages 'cause nobody knows - there's no way to prove it. But I think pretty much all of us can agree that securing our borders is a matter of national security.

So reasonable measures to help limit illegal border crossings makes sense. A wall isn't reasonable, but technological solutions can be, along with a bunch of other stuff.

Unfortunately, it's a political football. Which means that, depending on timing, politicians on both sides will have a vested interest in seeking or avoiding compromise. In other words, both sides benefit politically from maintaining the status quo on this wedge issue.
I don’t disagree that’s it’s complex but the fact the NY mayor says continuing to support this small number of illegals is crushing the city just shows they’ve been FOS the whole time.

I don’t disagree that’s it’s complex but the fact the NY mayor says continuing to support this small number of illegals is crushing the city just shows they’ve been FOS the whole time.
All politicians from everywhere are FOS the whole time. It's part of the job description, part of getting elected. TBH, I'm mostly okay with that - I can understand why it happens given the political climate.

My problem isn't with politicians or the political party leadership so much as with the electorate. The electorate (on both sides) are far too willing to believe the BS put out by their chosen side's politicians and media, reserving skepticism only for their chosen side's opposition.

Compounding the problem is that, for way too many in the electorate, it's not even skepticism for the opposition - it's outright hatred. Some recent politicians are feeding that hatred, playing to it for votes. Which is massively irresponsible in how it leads to a mob mentality. A mob mentality is a very bad thing no matter what got the mob fired up initially. Mobs are inherently unstable and lack a consciousness with which to behave ethically and morally.

Compounding that mob-mentality problem is that the media (for both sides) is playing up the most extreme political speech (that feeds the hatred) while downplaying any moderate or compromising speech (that feeds improvement, both in relations and on issues).

It's not feeding hatred to have a different viewpoint. But it is feeding hatred for politicians to demonize large groups of Americans who have different views, or along any other broad stereotypes.

I don't care if politicians go after each other. But going after millions of Americans (i.e. by demonizing liberals or conservatives which are giant groups of millions of Americans) is unhelpful, to put it mildly.

But still, my problem is with the electorate, not even with those politicians deliberately feeding the hatred of American citizens with opposing viewpoints. Because the electorate (again, many people on both sides) is failing to understand the degree to which they're being manipulated.

If you’d bothered to read the Bloomberg article I posted, you would’ve seen that the folks crowing about the positive impacts of immigration on the economy were Wall St analysts whose “chosen ideological stance” is making as much money as possible through their predictions.

There’s something called timing difference. Yes, the first 1-2 years the illegals in the US cost more but compare it after they are here 30-40 years, they are a benefit in the long run. Those illegals aren’t allowed to work for a certain period maybe 6 months or a year before paperwork is processed. In addition because they were shipped to NY they had to provide housing, I assume illegals normally sneak in and hide from the authorities and don’t normally get housing from the cities. In the analysis of the cost of illegals, I noticed that some claim of the cost of education for the kids, some that are born in the US, as a cost but don’t take into account their income and taxes they pay for the next 30-40 years that they are in the US. The illegals increased significantly because of political and economic situation in several Central America countries in the last few years.

I see you guys claim everything but don’t provide any evidence of your claim. I provided information from the article about CBO. I don’t even really care about this issue but hate claims that aren’t documented and because you believe it’s true.

Last edited:
If you’d bothered to read the Bloomberg article I posted, you would’ve seen that the folks crowing about the positive impacts of immigration on the economy were Wall St analysts whose “chosen ideological stance” is making as much money as possible through their predictions.
And do all Wall Street analysts agree about that? Or do plenty of analysts have a different viewpoint? ‘Cause there are many things about which such analysts have widely disparate opinions.

There’s something called timing difference. Yes, the first 1-2 years the illegals in the US cost more but compare it after they are here 30-40 years, they are a benefit in the long run. Those illegals aren’t allowed to work for a certain period maybe 6 months or a year before paperwork is processed. In addition because they were shipped to NY they had to provide housing, I assume illegals normally sneak in and hide from the authorities and don’t normally get housing from the cities. In the analysis of the cost of illegals, I noticed that some claim of the cost of education for the kids, some that are born in the US, as a cost but don’t take into account their income and taxes they pay for the next 30-40 years that they are in the US. The illegals increased significantly because of political and economic situation in several Central America countries in the last few years.

I see you guys claim everything but don’t provide any evidence of your claim. I provided information from the article about CBO. I don’t even really care about this issue but hate claims that aren’t documented and because you believe it’s true.
Yea. The timing is it was cool when Texas was footing all the bills. As soon as liberal cities “had to pay their fair share” all hell broke loose. CBO? When was the last time they scored anything that came out as they said it would? Never does, because they are given cherry picked data to prove what they want and you still buy it.
Just like you’ve been telling us the markets would crash once Trump took office. That’s what I miss most about you leaving that site. Your gloom and doom only to show up after a rally and tell us how you killed it that week. lol

And do all Wall Street analysts agree about that? Or do plenty of analysts have a different viewpoint? ‘Cause there are many things about which such analysts have widely disparate opinions.
Here is another Firm echoing the same thing. But the point of my post was to refute your assertion that that Wall St analysts’ are presenting “half truth propaganda” to support their political agenda. -As you know Wall St “political agenda” is to make as much money as possible- period.

Arguing that open borders do not contribute to the fentanyl catastrophe is just embarrassing. If that were true why would the current administration brag about all the drugs they have stopped at the border. But keep quoting partisan talking points as the source of truth.

I do not watch Fox.
Please show me where I say the much smaller % of drugs NOT brought in by American citizens shouldn't be dealt with.

About those so-called "open borders":
1) Please explain to me why, when the GOP controlled both chambers and the oval office 2017-18, nothing was changed with what have been easily-passed permanent legislation about immigration policies that go back to the 1990s?
2) Please also explain to me when a bipartisan bill, crafted this year primarily by GOP members to change border policies in the specific, significant ways demanded for years by border states, was torpedoed by the GOP with a word to kill it from Trump?

Answer to both: The anger, hate and fear-based approach of today's MAGA GOP requires "open borders!" to be available as a campaigning tool permanently. Their biggest donors that call the shots on actual policy need undocumented workers in their fields, factories, kitchens, etc. indefinitely and they don't want their supply to stop, ever.

State Of The Union GIF by PBS NewsHour

Please show me where I say the much smaller % of drugs NOT brought in by American citizens shouldn't be dealt with.

About those so-called "open borders":
1) Please explain to me why, when the GOP controlled both chambers and the oval office 2017-18, nothing was changed with what have been easily-passed permanent legislation about immigration policies that go back to the 1990s?
2) Please also explain to me when a bipartisan bill, crafted this year primarily by GOP members to change border policies in the specific, significant ways demanded for years by border states, was torpedoed by the GOP with a word to kill it from Trump?

Answer to both: The anger, hate and fear-based approach of today's MAGA GOP requires "open borders!" to be available as a campaigning tool permanently. Their biggest donors that call the shots on actual policy need undocumented workers in their fields, factories, kitchens, etc. indefinitely and they don't want their supply to stop, ever.

State Of The Union GIF by PBS NewsHour
The hypocrisy is stunning.

Is this a new partisan tactic aimed at dumb people? This is the second single-party press release link posted here on the RU Rivals forum in the past 2-3 days. Each one pushing party propaganda posing as information. And they’re using our taxpayer funds to do it.

Tsk, tsk.

Last edited:
Is this a new partisan tactic aimed at dumb people? This is the second single-party press release link posted here on the RU Rivals forum in the past 2-3 days. Each one pushing party propaganda posing as information. And their using our taxpayer funds to do it.

Tsk, tsk.

And Boss links dont have an agenda

Do you deny that there are hundreds from terror watch list caught at border and how many are not

Its okay to say you dont think its an issue that people on the terror watch list are trying to get in. If you want to also go ahead and say Americans murder and rape too say it

So you read an article from NPR and are now claiming that the open border has had no impact at all on that drug getting into the country. You convinced me champ. I will let my two friends know that lost their kids - it will make them feel better.

Yeah totally, the Cato Institute is NPR and definitely left wing LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT