ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R.I.P. - Walt Garrison

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Former Cowboy RB of the 60's and 70's. A key part of those great Dallas teams he was a real life rodeo cowboy
Almost as famous for his Skoal commercials.
"Just a pinch between your cheek and gum..."
R.I.P. cowboy - age 79

Reactions: Armor and Sword
The good old days. When you could see commercials for chewing tobacco on TV. Garrison's other claim to fame was being immortalized by NFL Films during Super Bowl 6 when he bit through his tongue. A true tough guy. RIP.

I met him at Randy White's restaurant in Dallas. I'm guessing he was being paid to be an ambassador. Just the nicest guy. Funny as hell. A group of us flew in from Philly (I was the only Cowboy fan, others were Eagles fans) for the Texas/Oklahoma game and the Cowboys game the next day.
Sunday comes around and we are at the Corral outside the Irving Stadium. Then here comes Garrison, Randy White, Bill Bates and NJ's Drew Pearson working their way through the crowd signing autographs and buying people drinks. The 4 of us are talking does Garrison even remember talking to us on Friday night? The Eagles guys and him had some funny back and forth jabs on Friday. He did remember!! The four Cowboys players came down to "rescue me" from my Eagles fans! I went to box with the players. My friends sat in the hot sun and had to buy food and beer lol
Such a cool experience.

Reactions: colbert17
Had Alzheimer's
"Garrison served military duty in New Jersey and Fort Lewis"
Good name for a cowboy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT