ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Goodfellas Star Ray Liotta

I'm not sure what he was thinking about when he got all that work done on his face. He truly looked bizarre afterwards.

Last thing I saw him in was Sandler's Netflix movie Hubie Halloween. Came out Oct. 2020. He was def. funny in it. Funny flick if you're into dumb cheesy Halloween-themed stuff like I am. :D

He was also really funny in Wild Hogs, ha.

Last edited:
BTW so this is him, left, on the set of Wild Hogs in 2007. No visible facial scars & blemishes. Granted there's prob. makeup involved but still. Then, to the right, I forget what movie but it's from 2019.... so that is a mere 12 years from left to right. WTF aged him so rapidly in those 12 years?!?!?! I mean it's like night and day:

2007-2019.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jm0513
Goodfellas is up there . Might be the best.

Still one of the greatest Oscar snubs of all time that he wasn’t recognized for Goodfellas.

“If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murders come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help”

Reactions: BossNJ
BTW so this is him, left, on the set of Wild Hogs in 2007. No visible facial scars & blemishes. Granted there's prob. makeup involved but still. Then, to the right, I forget what movie but it's from 2019.... so that is a mere 12 years from left to right. WTF aged him so rapidly in those 12 years?!?!?! I mean it's like night and day:

2007-2019.jpg
Yeah, Ray looked ill for awhile now. Probably some dread disease he kept quiet about.

Newark, New Jersey - born.

Those of you who have not seen him in "Something Wild".. I think that made his career.. Sooo Menacing. Hmm. maybe they will play that on TCM soon as they often do when stars die.

• Sad
Reactions: DirtyRU
An underrated movie titled Dominick and Eugene was the first move I ever saw him in... been a fan ever since.

Back in the late 90s, a friend of mine ran into him, of all places, late night at the White Castle on Rte. 22 in Union. My friend told him he enjoyed his work. Liotta replied by thanking him, then telling him he was going through a bit of a tough stretch and was simply glad to be back home for a while. My friend said he looked tired, so didn't want to bombard him with questions. No one else there recognized him.

R.I.P.
Loved Dominick and Eugene, along with his better known films, with Goodfellas obviously being the pinnacle. RIP to a Jersey legend.

Saw and met Liotta one time in the mid-90's at a Gentleman's Club in Linden. Coming off of Good fellas he was a star attraction. Obviously, he was great in Goodfellas. But, I liked him in "Identity" with John Cussack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT