ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Richard Lewis 76

Heart attack. Funny guy. Looked bad on Curb Your Enthusiasm
Bummer. RIP. Graduated Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, NJ.

From Wikipedia:

"In April 2023, Lewis announced he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease two years earlier. He said he would no longer perform stand-up comedy and was instead "focused on writing and acting."

He was a good recurring guest on Howard when Stern was in his prime.
You beat me to it. He's one of the best guests he's ever had. To me, it was Richard Lewis, Pat Cooper and Rodney Dangerfield who were the best comedian guests of the K-rock era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike from MD
You beat me to it. He's one of the best guests he's ever had. To me, it was Richard Lewis, Pat Cooper and Rodney Dangerfield were the best comedian guests of the Krock era.
Damn! Almost forgot about Pat Cooper.
Howard actually gave a boost to guys like Pat who were in the second act of their careers. And don’t sleep on Gilbert Gottfried - not in his second act at that point but damn funny on the show. 😁

At least he made it through the final season of Curb. He will be missed. RIP.
I need to check out the last season and try to catch up on the others. I have always watched this show in clips and it always makes me laugh my ass off.

I need to check out the last season and try to catch up on the others. I have always watched this show in clips and it always makes me laugh my ass off.
It's been good, not great. Still must see TV. I DVR and watch on Monday's when I have time.

Damn! Almost forgot about Pat Cooper.
Howard actually gave a boost to guys like Pat who were in the second act of their careers. And don’t sleep on Gilbert Gottfried - not in his second act at that point but damn funny on the show. 😁
I totally forgot about Gilbert. He was on more than Rodney so he might have to take his spot. It's kind of sad but I looked up the top 15 comedians from the 80's then 90's and Gilbert wasn't on any list.

That brings up a huge beef I have with the current show format: Why the F did they get rid of Robin's news segment? It was the best part of the show and gave those comedians a chance to shine.

I totally forgot about Gilbert. He was on more than Rodney so he might have to take his spot. It's kind of sad but I looked up the top 15 comedians from the 80's then 90's and Gilbert wasn't on any list.

That brings up a huge beef I have with the current show format: Why the F did they get rid of Robin's news segment? It was the best part of the show and gave those comedians a chance to shine.
I haven’t listened to the new show on streaming but Robin’s news segment back in the day was always the best.

i was watching the most recent episode of Curb and noticed he was mostly sitting, even when Larry and Jeff were on the tee box playing...thought he didnt look good and looked up how old he was out of curiosity and noted he was living with parkinsons ...RIP...

Remember him in the sitcom with Jamie Lee Curtis. The show also featured a post Hill Street Blues Bruce Weitz.
p.s. Found that the theme was written and later performed by J.D. Souther who had an impact on the careers of the Eagles, Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt.

Last edited:
Richard Lewis was great and will be missed. Pat Cooper is a blast from the past. Saw him at the Italian Festival at the then Garden State Arts Center Italian Festival a couple of times getting dragged there by my parents.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT