ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Wayne Kramer

He certainly was a bad ass on guitar. I knew about the MC5 for many years but never took a dive into their music until maybe 10-15 years ago. I got a kick out of them and started listening to them. I’m not really into punk rock but did like them, you could hear a more pronounced R&B influence in their sound which I did not hear in other punk rock bands. A lot of that had to do with Wayne Kramer:

He certainly was a bad ass on guitar. I knew about the MC5 for many years but never took a dive into their music until maybe 10-15 years ago. I got a kick out of them and started listening to them. I’m not really into punk rock but did like them, you could hear a more pronounced R&B influence in their sound which I did not hear in other punk rock bands. A lot of that had to do with Wayne Kramer:
So many great artists came out of Detroit area. An eclectic group, and not in order, and many missing.

Stooges
Alice Cooper
MC5
Seger (Bob!)
Amboy Dukes (originally Chicago)
Nugent
Suzi Quatro
The White Stripes
Grand Funk Railroad
Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels
Question Mark and the Mysterians
Sponge (90's band)

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
Had to record a PG version of the opening line of "Kick out the Jams" because of limited air play back in the late 60s.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Who? From what band?

These guys were punk 6-8 years (late 60s) before the media recognized the existance of punk. Limited radio play, especially AM, because of lyrics. Very influential with respect to that genre.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
These guys were punk 6-8 years (late 60s) before the media recognized the existance of punk. Limited radio play, especially AM, because of lyrics. Very influential with respect to that genre.
Not surprised that some putz has to pull his dumb little schtick like the attention-starved child that he is. Like I said, if you don't know the name Wayne Kramer, you don't know rock n roll. The tributes online are long from legendary artists. Kramer was revered.

You don’t know MC5?!?!? Kick Out the Jams is a huge song, covered incessantly. They were the first real punk band in America - Television/Richard Hell/NY Dolls all on their heels. Stop listening to Pat Benatar and Heart and crank up some real rock n roll.

You don’t know MC5?!?!? Kick Out the Jams is a huge song, covered incessantly. They were the first real punk band in America - Television/Richard Hell/NY Dolls all on their heels. Stop listening to Pat Benatar and Heart and crank up some real rock n roll.

I couldn't name one song sorry

I’m a fan of MC5 , however I think we get on a slippery slope trying to limit what “real rock n roll” is. The beauty of rock music is all the diverse musical influences that are included. I think Wayne Kramer would have agreed with that, he was a big fan of R&B and Jazz. Rock music at its best touches on all the human emotions and moods: joy, sadness, happiness, anger, desire, spiritualism, etc.

I couldn't name one song sorry

Rarely played, even on FM radio, after '73. Not played that often even before. But definitely pioneers. The tributes immediately above testify to that

Reactions: Knight Shift
Rarely played, even on FM radio, after '73. Not played that often even before. But definitely pioneers. The tributes immediately above testify to that
bac posts a bunch of unknown 3rd and 4th rate actress RIPs all the time, and he has to come in here and question a revered guitar legend because he likes wuss music. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT