ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RU grads, we're everywhere, Hollywood

brgRC90

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2008
I recently re-restarted acting class at one of LA's top studios, Speiser Sturgis. As an exercise in character breakdown we got up and told the class about ourselves the way you might for a character in a production. I told the class that I grew up in a nice middle class town in New Jersey, Oakland, and went to Rutgers University. There was another guy in the class--from New Jersey. Who went to Rutgers. We.are.in.Hollywood.

Henry Winkler Reaction GIF by HBO

Reactions: Friend of 112
there are a lot of NJ people there, many did go to RU no doubt. Rutgers has a stellar rep out there

Reactions: brgRC90
I recently re-restarted acting class at one of LA's top studios, Speiser Sturgis. As an exercise in character breakdown we got up and told the class about ourselves the way you might for a character in a production. I told the class that I grew up in a nice middle class town in New Jersey, Oakland, and went to Rutgers University. There was another guy in the class--from New Jersey. Who went to Rutgers. We.are.in.Hollywood.
Yawn.

Good, now turn that shithole around so we don't get the disappointing crap coming out of tinsel town anymore! I am forced to watch classics from the 1940's to the early 2000's because almost everything coming out of Hollywood recently is complete crap. Do Rutgers proud!

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Good, now turn that shithole around so we don't get the disappointing crap coming out of tinsel town anymore! I am forced to watch classics from the 1940's to the early 2000's because almost everything coming out of Hollywood recently is complete crap. Do Rutgers proud!
just watched the long grey line

can't beat the classics

You ‘ve finally found your true calling as an actor . You definitely fit the profile and certainly the attitude. Good luck you’re going to need it.😎

Among the places I've met RU alums

- Top of a mountain in Thailand

- A waterfall in Costa Rica

- A hiking trail in Puerto Rico

- A port tasting in Portugal

- Airport shuttle in Prague

Do they still use Jersey Roots, Global Reach? That's forgetting all the professional contexts and all the people I meet every day in JC that are alums too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT