ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers faculty union calls strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
you truly are a fking moron. This is the same logic you used years ago to say you were an expert on pre war Germany cause your brother researched it

you're a real dope, shame you have a RU degree
Lol you remember a post of mine from years ago? I'm in your head, b*tch. And no you sh*t for brains--I'VE studied Germany and that era my entire life. I studied German, I studied the subject IN GERMAN and IN GERMANY. Don't you look stupid again? Maybe you should quit while you're behind as usual.

why do only liberals/democrats rights seem to matter?
why are liberals/democrats so violent?
Why are liberals/democrats seemingly incapable of compromise?
Why do today's liberals/democrats echo comments and attitudes of 1930s Nazis and Stalinist communists?

Reactions: bac2therac
why do only liberals/democrats rights seem to matter?
why are liberals/democrats so violent?
Why are liberals/democrats seemingly incapable of compromise?
Why do today's liberals/democrats echo comments and attitudes of 1930s Nazis and Stalinist communists?
95: You really need to calm down! Everybody's rights matter! My problem is when the far right MAGAs try to take my rights away. You are really deranged if you think that today's Liberals echo comments and attitudes 0f 1930's Nazis and Stalinist Communists. My people were the ones that the Nazis tried to eradicate from the earth.

95: You really need to calm down! Everybody's rights matter! My problem is when the far right MAGAs try to take my rights away. You are really deranged if you think that today's Liberals echo comments and attitudes 0f 1930's Nazis and Stalinist Communists. My people were the ones that the Nazis tried to eradicate from the earth.
What rights of yours are people trying to take away?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
the responsibilities of Middle School/ High School teachers are far greater than adjunct faculty. It’s actually not even close. Then throw in the work hours. This is a poor comparison.
Really? So you think a say a gym teacher who makes $100K plus with full benefits and a pension with a BA deserves 4-5 times more than an mechanical engineering adjunct with a masters / PhD and no healthcare or pension,. Wow ok.

Really? So you think a say a gym teacher who makes $100K plus with full benefits and a pension with a BA deserves 4-5 times more than an mechanical engineering adjunct with a masters / PhD and no healthcare or pension,. Wow ok.
what you're seeing is the liberal mindset in action. Full on out of touch with all reality

the only side trying to take rights away, just as I described, is the left. clearly you have no basic understand of how our gov't works and what happened with those two groups I mentioned. You need an education it seems

prove my points wrong

the only side trying to take rights away, just as I described, is the left. clearly you have no basic understand of how our gov't works and what happened with those two groups I mentioned. You need an education it seems

prove my points wrong
Your ignorance is astounding! How about the right to an abortion as well as the attempt at banning books that the right seems so intent on doing.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
what you're seeing is the liberal mindset in action. Full on out of touch with all reality
Sorry, what do you mean? My father was a tenured professor, my mom was an adjunct and a HS teacher so I think you may be out of touch with reality. What does Liberal / Conservative have to do with fair pay ?

Yes, I do. Even a gym teacher, who you used because they have the lowest level of academic responsibilities, has significantly more responsibilities than an adjunct faculty member. And you $100k plus example is an outlier. You’re making a very poor argument here.

Nice of you to link an article of NJ.Com's resident right winger.
My take away from the article was not political at all. He makes the points that the finances the union is seeking is much more complicated than petitioning the president. The requests really need to go through Trenton. Most likely the result of Corzine cutting the RU funding by 60% during his term and it never being replaced. The only other option would be to raise tuition again. It is interesting information that isn’t political.

Yes, I do. Even a gym teacher, who you used because they have the lowest level of academic responsibilities, has significantly more responsibilities than an adjunct faculty member. And you $100k plus example is an outlier. You’re making a very poor argument here.
Not really an outlier as our middle school gym teacher here in Monmouth County was making $110K and just retired at the age of 56 with a full pension and healthcare . No prep time, no grading, not sure what you mean about more responsibilities? And that is for only for 9-10 months out of the year.

Seriously. What gym teacher with a BA makes $100k? I don't think they exist. I'm a math teacher with a master's, now in my 21st year, and I don't make $100k. These people just make things up and hope no one will challenge them.

Your ignorance is astounding! How about the right to an abortion as well as the attempt at banning books that the right seems so intent on doing.

Read an interesting quip about banning books. Basically said the far right might be trying to ban books, but the far left is trying to ban speech. Stanford law is the case on point.

Not really an outlier as our middle school gym teacher here in Monmouth County was making $110K and just retired at the age of 56 with a full pension and healthcare . No prep time, no grading, not sure what you mean about more responsibilities?
Again you’re using a role that has the lowest academic responsibilities. Surely you understand the value of collective bargaining for teachers. Yes, that salary is an outlier. Yes MS/HS teachers have way more professional responsibilities than adjuncts. If you’re not sure what is meant by that you probably shouldn’t be making these comments. For what it is worth I have served as an adjunct at multiple universities in the state including RU.

Read an interesting quip about banning books. Basically said the far right might be trying to ban books, but the far left is trying to ban speech. Stanford law is the case on point.
I agree that what transpired at Stanford Law was a disgrace. However, there are far more instances of book banning in Republican States than there are examples of the left shutting down the right's freedom of speech.

Seriously. What gym teacher with a BA makes $100k? I don't think they exist. I'm a math teacher with a master's, now in my 21st year, and I don't make $100k. These people just make things up and hope no one will challenge them.
Yes. This person @rutrack is just posting without good information. Now won’t let it go.

Again you’re using a role that has the lowest academic responsibilities. Surely you understand the value of collective bargaining for teachers. Yes, that salary is an outlier. Yes MS/HS teachers have way more professional responsibilities than adjuncts. If you’re not sure what is meant by that you probably shouldn’t be making these comments. For what it is worth I have served as an adjunct at multiple universities in the state including RU.
My mom was an adjunct and a HS teacher and my father was a tenured professor. The issue is does a HS gym teacher warrant 5 times higher than an adjunct who gets no benefits and salaries have not changed in years.

My mom was an adjunct and a HS teacher and my father was a tenured professor. The issue is does a HS gym teacher warrant 5 times higher than an adjunct who gets no benefits and salaries have not changed in years.
Yes. But you know most teachers are probably around $65,000 to $75,000. And you know how collective bargaining works. So the Physics teacher is on the same compensation scale as the gym teacher. And they all have far more professional responsibilities.

Why are you only discussing PE teachers? Let's talk about an AP Calc teacher.

Reactions: NealPageNJ
Why are you only discussing PE teachers? Let's talk about an AP Calc teacher.
Because it doesn’t make his fake point. He is purposely leaving out the Calc, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry teachers.

Where are the mods?

I thought this thread was on the strike. Can we please stop the nonsense.
Yes the reference to a HS teacher making 5 times higher than an adjunct is why there is a strike. My mon was a adjunct at RU and the pay has not gone up in years.

Depends. How many classes is this mystery adjunct MechEngg lecturer teaching? Is he full time or part time? How many years of service? No healthcare or pension you say...so they don't have a day job at an engineering firm and are depending on their per diem to raise a family? How many class hours does the PE teacher have, and how many years of service? Are they per diem or full time?

Because it doesn’t make his fake point. He is purposely leaving out the Calc, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry teachers.
Fake point? That HS teachers should make 5 times higher with full benefits? Sorry I'm not trying to start trouble here but growing up with mom as an adjunct and HS teacher and my Dad a tenured professor I do know something about this topic. The issue is that a AFT report reveals that an alarming number of adjunct faculty are scraping by on poverty wages: Nearly 25 percent rely on public assistance to survive, and a whopping 40 percent have trouble covering basic household expenses. As I posted earlier in the 70s instructors pay made up 40% of University budgets to 28% today, the same % as administrators.

Last edited:
What right to an abortion? You do understand how the government works, right. Maybe not. The Supreme Court can't create a right on a subject that is never mentioned in the constitution. Thats up to the state legislative branch. You do understand that the original Roe v Wade was as big an abomination as the dred Scott decision. The people decide what laws they want, not 9 unelected people on the court.

Actually my HS trig teacher was also my football coach and he spent half the class prepping for the weeks game. He would teach for the 1st half of the class and then give us assignments for the rest of the class.

Fake point? That HS teachers should make 5 times higher with full benefits? Sorry I'm not trying to start trouble here but growing up with mom as an adjunct and HS teacher and my Dad a tenured professor I do know something about this topic. The issue is that a AFT report reveals that an alarming number of adjunct faculty are scraping by on poverty wages: Nearly 25 percent rely on public assistance to survive, and a whopping 40 percent have trouble covering basic household expenses. As I posted earlier in the 70s instructors pay made up 40% of University budgets to 28% today, the same % as administrators.

so they accepted the job at a salary/rate, then the school cut that rate back during their employment? I am assuming this is the case.
Otherwise what the fu*k are we talking about? Adults who accepted a paid job, at an agreed upon rate, then at some point decide their employer isn't paying them enough? so they refuse to work? What world is this in?

i think i will try this today at my private company, i will report back on how it's going

What right to an abortion? You do understand how the government works, right. Maybe not. The Supreme Court can't create a right on a subject that is never mentioned in the constitution. Thats up to the state legislative branch. You do understand that the original Roe v Wade was as big an abomination as the dred Scott decision. The people decide what laws they want, not 9 unelected people on the court.
So you mean to tell me that the right did not bring cases before the Supreme Court in an attempt to take away the right of of a woman to have an abortion. While I don't agree with many of the court's rulings, they did not initiate the process. Additionally, you can't tell me that the right is not responsible for the banning of books as well as attempts to take away the rights of those who identify as transgender. How about Georgia and other states that have attempted and in some cases succeeded in taking away the voting rights of minorities.

Actually my HS trig teacher was also my football coach and he spent half the class prepping for the weeks game. He would teach for the 1st half of the class and then give us assignments for the rest of the class.
When were you in HS? Do you think the professional responsibilities are the same? Again, adjuncts have far less professional responsibilities. Adjunct teaching is not and was never intended to be a full time gig.

So you mean to tell me that the right did not bring cases before the Supreme Court in an attempt to take away the right of of a woman to have an abortion. While I don't agree with many of the court's rulings, they did not initiate the process. Additionally, you can't tell me that the right is not responsible for the banning of books as well as attempts to take away the rights of those who identify as transgender. How about Georgia and other states that have attempted and in some cases succeeded in taking away the voting rights of minorities.
You do realize that when the laws changed in Georgia that early voting dramatically increased

And no one took anyone’s right away to an abortion….they just left it up to the states to decide for themselves….I say this as someone who is pro choice

Reactions: RU2131
Next time someone gives me their pronouns, I'm going to put my hands up and say don't shoot.
pretty much

an overwhelming percent of violent crime and most of the mass shooters

democrats are just violent on top of being censoring, controlling, unyielding, narrowminded, bigoted and of course the massive increase in mental health issues.

nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT