ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
NPR already quoting her granddaughter claiming her dying words were don’t let her replacement come from this President. Sounds like a made up TDS story.
let me say the empathy you are showing is very disturbing.
But for some caring about others is not the problem, the problem is that persons inability to allow others to show respect for a person that just passed away.without their posting something disrespectful.
If your disrespectful ways are because of a political position, let me remind you Justice Ginsburg despite her political leanings and the deceased Justice Antonin Scalia who was far from liberal were good friends and respected each other despite their differences.
One can disagree with someone's POV, but also can respect them as a person and morn when they pass away.
In her tribute to Justice Scalia , Ginsburg wrote:
"From our years together at the D.C. Circuit, we were best buddies. We disagreed now and then, but when I wrote for the Court and received a Scalia dissent, the opinion ultimately released was notably better than my initial circulation. Justice Scalia nailed all the weak spots—the 'applesauce' and 'argle bargle'—and gave me just what I needed to strengthen the majority opinion. He was a jurist of captivating brilliance and wit, with a rare talent to make even the most sober judge laugh. The press referred to his 'energetic fervor,' 'astringent intellect,' 'peppery prose,' 'acumen,' and 'affability,' all apt descriptions. He was eminently quotable, his pungent opinions so clearly stated that his words never slipped from the reader’s grasp. "
Shame that type of class seems lost on some people and they can't find nice things to say at a time nice things said would be the rule of the day. Or just be courteous and not say anything..

RIP - Great legal mind although I did not agree with her decisions. It does point out a serious problem with the USSC. They need to install age limitations like New Jersey has. 75 year age limit now. NJ is 70 - that should be raised to 75 also.

McConnell just put out a statement, there will be a vote on the next nominee
That's gonna be a tough vote for the likes of Collins, Gardner, and McSally.

Murkowski has just gone on record opposing the vote. Grassley had done so some time ago, but then it was a hypothetical. Now it's real. So we'll see.

please show respect.
Let us be allowed a little time to morn Justice Ginsburg's death before posting our favorite replacements..
Why so you can have time to make up fake rape stories about the next SCJ nomination? Maybe use their high school year book as the best evidence?

and if the following happens expect to see this

Scenarios.... If McConnell and Twitler ram through a new nominee
with Biden winning Presidency and Dems win Senate then the SCOTUS going to 11-15 justices.
Mark it down
you are right - and you should fear that - it would officially become a one party system nationwide.

That's gonna be a tough vote for the likes of Collins, Gardner, and McSally.

Murkowski has just gone on record opposing the vote. Grassley had done so some time ago, but then it was a hypothetical. Now it's real. So we'll see.
Graham did in 2018, said after the primaries start its too late. I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw them.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
She was a judicial giant, accomplishing so much during her lifetime, as a student, a wife, a professor, a mother, and of course as a Supreme Court Justice. Also, loved the clips and stories of her great friendship with Justice Scalia, her polar opposite on the bench. Shows how possible it is for people with different viewpoints to still get along. RIP Notorious RBG (she loved that nickname).
Lol

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
RIP
If I ever cross paths with you, I’m sticking my fist in your pathetic face. F*ck you.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a long , great career . The over the top reaction though by some is very melodramatic at best. Making Ruth Bader out to be more is taking away from her legacy. If it wasn’t an election year one wonders if the drama would be so pronounced on this board?

Reactions: bac2therac
She was second on the Court as a Woman.

She was liberal, which is fine with me. You knew where she stood on most arguments prior to rulings.

Helped open up the profession for Women.

My Sister graduated from Rutgers Law after her 4 children were in grammar school and while employed as a teacher. Graduated 2 in class and got her job only because she had raised her family.

So lots have changed for Women in the past 50 years.

Sister's 3 Sons became Attorneys as well.

RIP both of them.

Reactions: vkj91
We don't appoint Supreme Court Justices in election years now so there won't be a vote, right? I'm sure the Republicans on the board will line up to agree with this. It was their party that came up with this rule after all.

We don't appoint Supreme Court Justices in election years now so there won't be a vote, right? I'm sure the Republicans on the board will line up to agree with this. It was their party that came up with this rule after all.

you are having a hard time with this, its not the same but keep parroting the talking points

Wow! Trump properly respectful and circumspect. Now if he'll just stay off Twitter in the morning.
He was quite Presidential as he genuinely showed his respect for Justice Ginsburg.Have no fear though I’m positive someone will claim he denigrated the memory tomorrow on several of the news channels.

Reactions: MrsScrew
and if the following happens expect to see this

Scenarios.... If McConnell and Twitler ram through a new nominee
with Biden winning Presidency and Dems win Senate then the SCOTUS going to 11-15 justices.
Mark it down
And then the Rs go to 15-19 justices the first time they get the chance. Where does it end? They are 4-5 Senate Dems already on the record that they will not increased the # of seats. This is a pipe dream.

Reactions: LC-88
And then the Rs go to 15-19 justices the first time they get the chance. Where does it end? They are 4-5 Senate Dems already on the record that they will not increased the # of seats. This is a pipe dream.
It doesn't but if one side will play with fire the other will have to also.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
It doesn't but if one side will play with fire the other will have to also.
+1
Like Harry Reid killing the filibuster on most judicial and presidential confirmations in 2013. McConnell returned the favor in 2017.

The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown... Greg those are words to live by... “ I am the God of Hellfire”...

its terrible that even the death of someone makes the lousy, sour, pathetic politic creep in on every little thing. Not for 1 day could it just be put away for peace and reflection.
Well, you can blame McConnell for that. For reasons unclear, he felt compelled to announce tonight that he was bringing this to a vote.

Well, you can blame McConnell for that. For reasons unclear, he felt compelled to announce tonight that he was bringing this to a vote.

because everyone is talking about it anyway. I know there are some who like to have decorum and respect but that world doesnt exist, even the liberal msm is talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT