ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shooting Near Rutgers

More info. Weird, non student guy comes out of Golden Rail. He gets into argument with 2 guys in a car wearing ski masks. They pull away while spraying gun fire. Nirvanis window shot up. Random kid on street catches a stray. Girl in her window above Golden Rail takes a bullet to the abdomen. She will need spinal surgery. Thankfully, the feeling and movement returned to her feet. Probably a stolen car. Cops not allowed to chase the car.
Your last sentence does not appear to be true. It is OK to chase for attempted manslaughter. Read section 3.2 on page 4 of the attached link. https://www.nj.gov/oag/force/docs/Vehicular-Pursuit-Policy-Addendum-12.15.20.pdf

More info. Weird, non student guy comes out of Golden Rail. He gets into argument with 2 guys in a car wearing ski masks. They pull away while spraying gun fire. Nirvanis window shot up. Random kid on street catches a stray. Girl in her window above Golden Rail takes a bullet to the abdomen. She will need spinal surgery. Thankfully, the feeling and movement returned to her feet. Probably a stolen car. Cops not allowed to chase the car.
The whole incident is disturbing but the worst part is the woman minding her own business at home getting seriously wounded by stray fire.

Because everyone crapped on them from the BLM stuff in 2020 and defund police. They basically feel why bother, someone is just going to look to sue them or accuse them or racism or some other asinine thing. This has been told to me directly from cops in several towns, NB included. Steve is right. I had to catch a hobo on camera shitting on the side of my office. I then tracked him down, found him and the cop was shrugging his shoulders about it until I showed him the video. The wrote him a ticket that he won't pay and that's it.
yup
see my earlier post

Reactions: bac2therac
Because everyone crapped on them from the BLM stuff in 2020 and defund police. They basically feel why bother, someone is just going to look to sue them or accuse them or racism or some other asinine thing. This has been told to me directly from cops in several towns, NB included. Steve is right. I had to catch a hobo on camera shitting on the side of my office. I then tracked him down, found him and the cop was shrugging his shoulders about it until I showed him the video. The wrote him a ticket that he won't pay and that's it.
So how long will it take for them to start their job again. If other people did that at their job they would be fired but their supervisors and union support them. I don’t think New Brunswick was defunding police so they are protesting for Minneapolis. No excuses, do your job. You wouldn’t allow your employees make that excuse that their feelings are hurt.

Last edited:
Shootings… nah that’s a made up stat . Everything is great on campus according to several regulars here.

Reactions: bac2therac
So how long will it take for them to start their job again. If other people did that at their job they would be fired but their supervisors and union support them. I don’t think New Brunswick was defunding police so they are protesting for Minneapolis. No excuses, do your job. You wouldn’t allow your employees make that excuse that their feelings are hurt.
Why should they risk life and limb ? Most treat it like a job… no backing by the powers that be for the most part. People hated on them… still do and some groups see nothing wrong with that agenda.

I wouldn’t consider the off campus area, unsafe. However, the shooting was across the street from Thomas Sweet. A few days earlier a student is held up at gunpoint at the train station, late at night. Back in the 80’s-90’s the area from Hamilton to Somerset street, out to Louis, was mostly students. That is no longer the case. As you get out to Guilden and Delafield it is mostly students but more common to have houses of “townies”, as the students say. Students will have parties out there and “townies” will show up. Often they are turned away, but then show a gun. Kids will let them in but the party typically clears out at that point. This is gun style violence that didn’t used to be there. Granted these instances are all late at night but they are there

We definitely had townies in the 00's in some of the blocks closer in...I am recalling them as close in as say Plum...but definitely not guns...the scenario you are talking about is concerning. What is being done?

Reactions: Leonard23
to follow up with the above…..I am friendly with several NBPD officers. They often feel their hands are tied by all the “laws”, ironically. The police have been neutered these days by our government. The bad guys have more right than the students. Everyone at RU is more worried that a frat has a keg, then the more pressing issues out there.

NJ has some of the strictest gun laws in America, some say THE strictest, so it boggles the mind to say they can't stop someone from showing up with a gun to a place they are not invited.

Also we have seen very many, if not most NJ cities clean up over the years. My guess is if that someone god forbid rolled up to DTJC or the east side of the tracks in Asbury or even a party in the Ironbound like that they would be arrested and the powers that be would work hard to ensure of it.

Yeah I don't think so. RU being pretty diverse the red cup patrol is going to catch a lot of non-white 19 year olds with White Claws.

Isn't it fascinating that the NBPD is scared of BLM, but the Middlesex County Sheriff has no such compunction when it comes to people in the Blue Lot who could easily hire, or are themselves, lawyers and/or serious donors who could raise a stink?

Not to mention anyone can tell you about bikes on the sidewalk here in Hudson County and the police doing absolutely bubkis about that when many of the riders are well to do white hipsters who can easily pay the fine.

The common threads are; 1) doing as little work as possible and 2) revenue generation.

Maybe, just maybe people are starting to realize that all the strum und drang over the years over NJ public employees, their salaries and bennies and the work they allegedly were not doing...applies most bigly to one kind of public employee we were supposed to revere?

And to pick on the police as a group because some do their job well and some towns are great but the NBPD's reputation precedes it for a reason. There are people on this board that graduated from the Burns era through today, and mysteriously nearly all of them say the same thing, they didn't all convene with BLM for talking points.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Shootings… nah that’s a made up stat . Everything is great on campus according to several regulars here.

There were murders in Colts Neck a few years ago where they burned the house down, so I guess Colts Neck is now Murder and Arson Town USA.

My god, do you ever leave your bubble?

Reactions: BossNJ
Your last sentence does not appear to be true. It is OK to chase for attempted manslaughter. Read section 3.2 on page 4 of the attached link. https://www.nj.gov/oag/force/docs/Vehicular-Pursuit-Policy-Addendum-12.15.20.pdf

Of course.

The laws on major crimes like the ones in the incident here have not changed, likely since NJ adopted full NJSA in the 40s but what has changed is now we have certain public employees who feel we should pay them to do absolutely nothing.

For all the talk about "defund"...can someone point me to one NJ officer making less this year than he did 4 years ago?

They want to gaslight us and then meltdown when people point out what reality is.

The sad thing is there are police who would be willing to chase down these criminals and do their work. But they work for departments where the culture supports doing your work and not generating money from teenagers with Truly.

Why should they risk life and limb ? Most treat it like a job… no backing by the powers that be for the most part. People hated on them… still do and some groups see nothing wrong with that agenda.
They should do their job like everybody else. They are the new Mafia doing whatever they think is best for their own interest and not what they are paid for.

They are the Uvalde police force scared of being killed instead of doing their job.

They should do their job like everybody else. They are the new Mafia doing whatever they think is best and not what they are paid for.

They are the Uvalde police force scared of being killed instead of doing their job.
Do their job like everybody else? … Really???? So you surmise EVERYBODY else is going their job in todays screwed up USA? Got it…

They should do their job like everybody else. They are the new Mafia doing whatever they think is best and not what they are paid for.

Basically, just instead of arresting parents for demanding the police do their job and rescue their children, they are going after underage drinking.

The irony being that NJ in fact made it harder to go after alcohol and weed recently. But, somehow the police could figure out those laws. But laws about attempted murder that have been on the books for decades? Oh far too difficult to figure out!

Shameful.

The part of NB surrounding campus should secede and create its own PD led by the folks that cleaned up other NJ cities and I guarantee you these stories would be gone overnight.

They should do their job like everybody else. They are the new Mafia doing whatever they think is best for their own interest and not what they are paid for.

You have some real issues … mafia ? Uvalde???? You compare them to that… What this shows is your personal dislike for laws and law enforcement in general. I would think many good cops do their jobs but when haters and politicians refuse to back them then you really can’t blame them. How about the 31 year old officer from Massapequa LI NY… was he scared to die… moron.

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
Do their job like everybody else? … Really???? So you surmise EVERYBODY else is going their job in todays screwed up USA? Got it…
So you must have been a goof off at work and an idiot. I was a professional at work and no matter how they treated me I did the work at the best of my ability. When I was older, they didn’t treat me fairly because of age not base on my performance but I still did it the best way I knew how. Yea, USA is getting worse with your attitude and the police attitude. I wish I was paid $150k a year.

Doctors don’t need to help patients they don’t like because their boss pissed them off this morning. Teachers don’t need to teach your kids because they saw you this morning and didn’t like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotInRHouse
So you must have been a goof off at work and an idiot. I was a professional at work and no matter how they treated me I did the work at the best of my ability. When I was older, they didn’t treat me fairly because of age not base on my performance but I still did it the best way I knew how. Yea, USA is getting worse with your attitude and the police attitude. I wish I was paid $150k a year.
Well aren ‘t you the good guy… when one of my employees told me how hard he or she
was working it was easy to see if that was true or not. Goof off or idiot? How stupid do you sound here? So sad… we see how you were traumatized by your company and you were hurt. Listen let it go old fella you’ll put yourself in an early grave with that bitter take. Police attitude? I’m 100% in favor of good policing as most American Citizens are and that is a factual and accurate comment. You blow up any truths by whining about their salaries… I have met many good and some bad cops…I never let salaries impact my opinions of them. You are confused and conflate the entire post . You sound like a jealous old twit who needs a talk with one of the boards resident shrinks.

Well aren ‘t you the good guy… when one of my employees told me how hard he or she
was working it was easy to see if that was true or not. Goof off or idiot? How stupid do you sound here? So sad… we see how you were traumatized by your company and you were hurt. Listen let it go old fella you’ll put yourself in an early grave with that bitter take. Police attitude? I’m 100% in favor of good policing as most American Citizens are and that is a factual and accurate comment. You blow up any truths by whining about their salaries… I have met many good and some bad cops…I never let salaries impact my opinions of them. You are confused and conflate the entire post . You sound like a jealous old twit who needs a talk with one of the boards resident shrinks.
I don’t idolize cops like you do. You probably have relatives that are cops or friends with cops. I don’t know any. I actually suggested to my nephew his little kid should be a cop since it’s the easiest way to make $130-200k a year.

Almost 95% of this board think you’re crazy and you even know this because you fight with everyone. I laugh most of the time when you are fighting. I’m surprised you’re not dead with all your arguing.

I don’t idolize cops like you do. You probably have relatives that are cops or friends with cops. I don’t know any. I actually suggested to my nephew his little kid should be a cop since it’s the easiest way to make $130-200k a year.

Almost 95% of this board think you’re crazy and you even know this because you fight with everyone. I laugh most of the time when you are fighting.
Davey Boy ::: you are the one who is sounding crazy and as for the board … what age is the average board member? BTW: I ‘m not fighting you… I’m educating your small mind. You attack me here because I disagree with your take on cops and your whine about $$$$. Most times I agree with others unless I feel a need to voice opinion. There are, were and have been times over the past several years where your “ fighting “ comment was the only way the so called educated would allow a back and forth. Most of this board ( Rutgers fans/ grads) are much younger , know each other on a personal level even if only by attending games over the years. Some are in daily chats. All I or others need to see is how very , very few appear concerned with the attitudes of the Rutgers educators ( teaching) administration and students hating each other. Now if I were you …a concerned sports board poster I might take a different look around.

Bad story. My wife lived on that building's second floor above what was then Walt's Tavern (I'm pretty sure of the name) back in the summer of 1970!

There is "doing your job" and there is doing your job. We are all familiar with people who perform well enough not to get fired but who don't take the extra step. My sense is that many police officers have become this way. It is a terribly hard and dangerous job, and officers are not going to take chances if they don't feel publicly supported. The problem occurs another way: it is increasingly difficult for police departments to fill vacancies because the job does not command the respect that it once did.

Almost 95% of this board think you’re crazy and you even know this because you fight with everyone. I laugh most of the time when you are fighting. I’m surprised you’re not dead with all your arguing.
Idolize Cops? No I tried my entire life to respect laws … as I stated I have met both good and bad cops. You for some reason passed that by and decided something that fit your dumb narrative. I will assume you are over 21 … and under 80… this belief that all cops are bad or are sluffing off.After listening to the shat you post about cops you forgot to mention those cops who in the past 4 years have been killed because of idiots like you. As for crazy … we are all crazy especially reading your BS posts. Sorry you didn’t make that 150k …

Dyou avey Boy ::: you are the one who is sounding crazy and as for the board … what age is the average board member? BTW: I ‘m not fighting you… I’m educating your small mind. You attack me here because I disagree with your take on cops and your whine about $$$$. Most times I agree with others unless I feel a need to voice opinion. There are, were and have been times over the past several years where your “ fighting “ comment was the only way the so called educated would allow a back and forth. Most of this board ( Rutgers fans/ grads) are much younger , know each other on a personal level even if only by attending games over the years. Some are in daily chats. All I or others need to see is how very , very few appear concerned with the attitudes of the Rutgers educators ( teaching) administration and students hating each other. Now if I were you …a concerned sports board poster I might take a different look around.

Idolize Cops? No I tried my entire life to respect laws … as I stated I have met both good and bad cops. You for some reason passed that by and decided something that fit your dumb narrative. I will assume you are over 21 … and under 80… this belief that all cops are bad or are sluffing off.After listening to the shat you post about cops you forgot to mention those cops who in the past 4 years have been killed because of idiots like you. As for crazy … we are all crazy especially reading your BS posts. Sorry you didn’t make that 150
You are the idiot that you always are. You started with the name calling by calling me a moron. You do this all the time in your argument. You are making up stuff about what I said, no one said all cops are bad. Again most posters know you’re nuts. I will stop posting because I know you need to post the last post and I don’t want to go on for weeks. I will just laugh at you when you have your next fight which won’t be more than a few days from now.

You are supporting policemen not doing their job which is a crazy argument. Stop being stupid.

Last edited:
You are a very troubled troll… I made nothing up … you evidently for whatever reason have an issue with police. I don’t and BTW you act exactly like a moron.

You are the idiot that you always are. You started with the name calling by calling me a moron. You do this all the time in your argument. You are making up stuff about what I said, no one said all cops are bad. Again most posters know you’re nuts. I will stop posting because I know you need to post the last post and I don’t want to go on for weeks. I will just laugh at you when you have your next fight which won’t be more than a few days from now.

You are supporting policemen not doing their job which is a crazy argument. Stop being stupid.
I don't think I'm the only person who has that gentleman on "ignore." You might want to consider doing the same.

Last edited:
You are a very troubled troll… I made nothing up … you evidently for whatever reason have an issue with police. I don’t and BTW you act exactly like a moron.
Still waiting for the last shooting(s) at Hamilton and Easton Ave. Sounded like a common occurrence the way you talk about it!

While I think there is some truth to this and there are good police who feel hamstrung and they can’t do their job…I found the New Brunswick police department during my time on campus (2007 to 2011) to be lazy and way more interested in breaking up college parties / writing tickets than interested in fighting crime.

And when they had “boots on the ground” they would basically just have 2-4 cops standing on busy corners (i.e outside Geovanelli’s on Easton) late night doing absolutely nothing except showing a presence.

I graduated in 1994. This is not my perception. I get this second hand from RU college interns that I’ve hired in 2018, 2019, 2022 and 2023. They’ve said that there are a lot of home break-ins, late night “mugging” and car break-ins in the off campus areas around College Ave. They’ve said “basically if you’re waking around late at night, you’re asking for trouble”.

Most house break ins are probably people breaking into drug dealing houses where they know there is a lot of drugs/cash.

When I was a senior (2011) the kids who lived under me on Guilden were big drug dealers and their unit got broken into and ransacked, most likely from one of their “customers”.

Car break ins happen very frequently in any major city.

Also I’m sure there are tons of kids walking around late night to/from bars and house parties. They should definitely be careful and aware of their surroundings but I can’t imagine that New Brunswick has gotten that much worse since I graduated that kids aren’t walking around late in large numbers enjoying their college nights.

You don't have a clue about what you are spouting off about. Badmouth the police, and you would be the first one to cry for their help like a whiny little baby. It's very telling who keeps liking your posts. You reap what you sow when the libs tie the hands of the police in multiple ways.

Last edited:
In 2011 I believe there was a shooting at this intersection during Rutgers fest.

There were actually 3 shootings that night in New Brunswick which caused them to cancel the event.

RIP Rutgersfest.
So @RUBOB72 is going back 13 years to claim this is a common occurrence. Gotcha. The way he talks like that intersection is Tombstone.

So @RUBOB72 is going back 13 years to claim this is a common occurrence. Gotcha. The way he talks like that intersection is Tombstone.
modern era of viewpoint really, one thing happens and everyone cowers under the covers fearing for safety all the while rational view of relative being gets' skewed!

For the brainiac who posted about cops not doing their jobs. Guess you glossed over the article today about the two cops attacked on a 911 call in S. Jersey. Were they doing their jobs?

Most house break ins are probably people breaking into drug dealing houses where they know there is a lot of drugs/cash.

When I was a senior (2011) the kids who lived under me on Guilden were big drug dealers and their unit got broken into and ransacked, most likely from one of their “customers”.

Car break ins happen very frequently in any major city.

Also I’m sure there are tons of kids walking around late night to/from bars and house parties. They should definitely be careful and aware of their surroundings but I can’t imagine that New Brunswick has gotten that much worse since I graduated that kids aren’t walking around late in large numbers enjoying their college nights.
BTW: the 2011 posting was a reference to what was going on in that area of NB… My son and ex girlfriend lived right around the corner at the time while she was in school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT