ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So is the Prime hype over? Colorado football is a mess

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019

Colorado's top recruit from last year (a 5* CB) is entering the portal, their 2024 recruiting class is ranked in the 80's, they had 25 players leave via the portal and Prime's kids are begging OLs to tranfer in.

It doesn't seem like HC Prime and their AD have a plan for sustainable success in Colorado. Sheesh.

I don’t know what program the kid is going to transfer to where he won’t have to put in the work. Wouldn’t last a week in this program. Some 5 stars have a sense of entitlement.

First two years are the toughest. Let’s see where he is year 3.

Study and prepare,” Sanders responded to a question about what he needed to see from McClain. “Be on time for meetings, show up to meetings. Understand the scheme. I check film time from each player so I can see who’s preparing, so if I don’t see that, you would be a fool to put somebody out there who’s not prepared. That goes for all our players.”

Colorado's top recruit from last year (a 5* CB) is entering the portal, their 2024 recruiting class is ranked in the 80's, they had 25 players leave via the portal and Prime's kids are begging OLs to tranfer in.

It doesn't seem like HC Prime and their AD have a plan for sustainable success in Colorado. Sheesh.

In that one case is the problem the kid or Prime?

I wonder what the long-term implications of this culture shift will be at the next level, if it's not addressed soon. It feels like teaching and learning the game effectively to get to that level will take a hit with all the bouncing around.

Maybe. But this kid's got 6 years to go.
Only 3, I thought the article said.

Anyway, although there's not nearly enough data to reach an informed conclusion, I think you're right to question if it's the kid or the coach with the problem. I think there's a decent chance shedding the kid is better for Colorado than hanging onto him, if we can trust the veracity coach's comments about him.

Have to see if he shines at his next stop or fades into obscurity. But even if he shines, we'll never know if it's due to the kid changing or the different environment or something else entirely.

Not sure I see where this one kid leaving signals a serious problem with the program/coach, though. Given the current NCAA climate, kids are moving around more than ever, right?

From a link above.

"According to Pro Football Focus, he surrendered 18 receptions on 25 targets, allowing opposing quarterbacks to compile a 114.2 NFL passer rating on balls thrown his way."

Cat Tiger GIF by IMPRINTDUBAI

Reactions: BeantownKnight
He was weak DB in early games but got better (the talent is real).
He was a top recruit and Sander's wasn't raving about his attitude early on.
Some of this stuff can be portal posturing for NIL so who knows.
Guys come over, flip and then come back

Yep totally over
Guy inherited a one and 11 team and went 4-8 last year

If he wants to stay sub 500, he’ll keep the same guys in the program

Crazy as it sounds, if he actually wants to win, he’ll get in new and more talented guys

Deion had won and exceled ant every level of his life. I would not bet against him.

I’m hoping Gregg will get us over the hump
As for prime, I’m said at once and I’ll say it again, I would not bet against the man
right not to bet against Deion being successful as the Buff's HC, just don't bet the farm he will 😏

Reactions: RUDiddy777
I certainly don’t think he’s going to make this a career destination, he’ll likely parlay it into something bigger and better

I would love it if he came here after Gregg retires
Sanders will be headed to the pros if he succeeds at Colorado, Rutgers won't give Deion the boatload of money he'll be asking for,
If Norvell moves on from FSU and Deion makes the Buffs a winner, he'll be a Seminole again
But if Colorado doesn't do much better , the next 3 years , than last season under him, his hype won't save his job there .
Right now he's looking good, but if his program doesn't improve more, all the hype surrounding Sanders will turn to condemnation by the disappointed fanbase and the same media that once worshiped him

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Sanders will be headed to the pros if he succeeds at Colorado, Rutgers won't give Deion the boatload of money he'll be asking for,
If Norvell moves on from FSU and Deion makes the Buffs a winner, he'll be a Seminole again
But if Colorado doesn't do much better , the next 3 years , than last season under him, his hype won't save his job there .
Right now he's looking good, but if his program doesn't improve more, all the hype surrounding Sanders will turn to condemnation by the disappointed fanbase and the same media that once worshiped him
I’d be shocked if Deion ever coached FSU

He’ll always be a Nole and his beloved in Tallahassee, but the Travis Hunter situation coupled with some of his comments has pissed off a lot of people

Deion couldn't even win the hbcu bowl game with 5 star players. He's mismanaged his team and coaches horribly and trashed his own offensive line. Deion cares about Deion first and maybe his sons after that.

Deion couldn't even win the hbcu bowl game with 5 star players. He's mismanaged his team and coaches horribly and trashed his own offensive line. Deion cares about Deion first and maybe his sons after that.
He went 12-1 - only lost the bowl because the white TE choked bad and dropped a ball all alone in end zone. He knew the kid was devastated and spent a lot of time with him in locker. He used to pay out-of-pocket for training facilities and meals for team. Travis Hunter was not only the one player on team with 5 stars - he was the first 5 star recruit in HBCU history

pjR0nzE.gif

Deion Sanders consoled his player Hayden Hagler after a dropped TD in overtime​

Reactions: Knight Shift

Would love to see him crash and burn - not a fan of the flashy types - never have been.

Reactions: FastMJ
I am not a fan of the "look at me" Dion, and I think the jury is still out on him as a coach. He is certainly trying to go the Jimmys and Joes rout vs the Xs and Os route. Luckily, he had his son as one of the Jimmys or else last year would have been super ugly. The big test will be what does his team do without his son and all of "his" guys after next season.

Greg came close
Chris Ash

2018Rutgers1–110–9
2019Rutgers1–3*0–2

Greg
2020Rutgers3–63–6
2021Rutgers5–82–7L Gator
2022Rutgers4–81–8
2023Rutgers7–63–6W Pinstripe
but no cigar or statue deserved until Rutgers football is a constant winner
Those were 3 Big Ten wins as well, he had no easy non-cons and only played a 9 game season because of COVID. I think it’s safe to say he could have added at least 2 more wins against a Howard and a Temple type team that year to get to 5. No one erected a statue for him. Sanders was 1-8 in the PAC 12, which was excellent last year but he lost to Stanford.

Deion is not a coach, he is a team mom with a whistle. Love his motivational speeches, but seriously, this dude does not instill learned grit, discipline or mental determination. We have his sons running their mouths in every which way, taunting teams and other players, and the kids getting more upset about losing their gold chains in the locker room than getting whipped on the field. The fact that his players even had gold chains and jewelry in the locker room speaks volumes. This guy isn’t a coach.

I am not a fan of the "look at me" Dion, and I think the jury is still out on him as a coach. He is certainly trying to go the Jimmys and Joes rout vs the Xs and Os route. Luckily, he had his son as one of the Jimmys or else last year would have been super ugly. The big test will be what does his team do without his son and all of "his" guys after next season.
When the sons go he’ll leave as well.

He went 12-1 - only lost the bowl because the white TE choked bad and dropped a ball all alone in end zone. He knew the kid was devastated and spent a lot of time with him in locker. He used to pay out-of-pocket for training facilities and meals for team. Travis Hunter was not only the one player on team with 5 stars - he was the first 5 star recruit in HBCU history

pjR0nzE.gif

Deion Sanders consoled his player Hayden Hagler after a dropped TD in overtime​

And then he left the team in the dust and took their best players along with him. Dieon is not about the people. Deion is about Deion. There's no coincidence that the camera just happened to be there. Lol.

And then he left the team in the dust and took their best players along with him. Dieon is not about the people. Deion is about Deion. There's no coincidence that the camera just happened to be there. Lol.

He got a better job offer all around.

He met with his coaches at a restaurant and asked them how they would feel about Colorado.
They liked the idea and Deion called Colorado AD right there and accepted the offer.
Helping the decision was fact that Jackson State had bad finances - they couldn't even maintain facilities properly nevermind do the NIL things. Sanders was paying for things the college should have been paying for.

The "Deion as CFB's Putin" thing doesn't really hold up

He got a better job offer all around.

He met with his coaches at a restaurant and asked them how they would feel about Colorado.
They liked the idea and Deion called Colorado AD right there and accepted the offer.
Helping the decision was fact that Jackson State had bad finances - they couldn't even maintain facilities properly nevermind do the NIL things. Sanders was paying for things the college should have been paying for.

The "Deion as CFB's Putin" thing doesn't really hold up
Better to be CFB Putin that CFB Biden! 😆

That aside, the new NIL CFB reality is perfect of Deion…I would wager he will do very well wherever he is.

I certainly don’t think he’s going to make this a career destination, he’ll likely parlay it into something bigger and better

I would love it if he came here after Gregg retires
Would never happen. Heads would explode if Admin even thought about bringing Sanders in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT