ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Somerville homicide

Uncle Vinny's Clam Bar is still the shiznit. Back in the day, politics was flowing there as a few heavy hitters used it as their Ravenite Club. LOL!
Are you allowed to curse now in Raritan? DeCico really made a name of the town banning that.

• Haha
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Awful story.

I hope it’s not who I think it is.

A drug addict is now someone who suffers from "opioid use disorder"? Clown World.

A drug addict is now someone who suffers from "opioid use disorder"? Clown World.
The change from a diagnosis of addiction to substance dependence/abuse was made in 1980. The change to combine them into the diagnosis of “substance use disorder” was made in 2013. If it’s taken 11 years for you to become aware of it, then I imagine it’s not impacting your day to day life in a meaningful way.

The change from a diagnosis of addiction to substance dependence/abuse was made in 1980. The change to combine them into the diagnosis of “substance use disorder” was made in 2013. If it’s taken 11 years for you to become aware of it, then I imagine it’s not impacting your day to day life in a meaningful way.
Weak reply
Get a life

I used to go to Alphonso's a lot. They had the buy one meal get the 2nd free evening. I never thought of Somerville as sketchy but I may have not gone to where the sketchy area was.

Reactions: thegock and mildone
Alfonsos is my go to pizza place

With Sausage
I like their chicken parm dinner and usually order that when there. But I always get a plain pizza as well. The pizza has a unique, in my experience, taste. I think it’s the cheese. It’s really tasty. Never had any toppings there. Maybe I’ll get half sausage next time.

It’s great place to go on warm summer nights, sit at a table out front.

Reactions: Extra Point
I like their chicken parm dinner and usually order that when there. But I always get a plain pizza as well. The pizza has a unique, in my experience, taste. I think it’s the cheese. It’s really tasty. Never had any toppings there. Maybe I’ll get half sausage next time.

It’s great place to go on warm summer nights, sit at a table out front.

Definitely the cheese...very different but oh so good

Alfonso's is legit
Great food and atmosphere
Do they still have the sister restaurant on 202 in Flemington?
Used to go to sweet 16 parties in the back of the building on the 2nd / 3rd floor back in the day
Good times
Alfonso's was the last in-person dinner we had prior to the big shutdown. It was that Sunday (March 8?). We were there with another family. Afterwards, we went over to Yestercade so the kids could play the classics for a while! Good times.

Reactions: Extra Point
Alfonso's was the last in-person dinner we had prior to the big shutdown. It was that Sunday (March 8?). We were there with another family. Afterwards, we went over to Yestercade so the kids could play the classics for a while! Good times.
They’re solid
A bit pricey but well worth it IMO

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Alfonso's is legit
Great food and atmosphere
Do they still have the sister restaurant on 202 in Flemington?
Used to go to sweet 16 parties in the back of the building on the 2nd / 3rd floor back in the day
Good times
No that closed years and years ago.

Manville or Bound Brook?

How has Hillsborough been faring with all of the new development going on?
Based on recent FBI stats, Manville and BB are safer than NP.

Hillsborough is getting crushed on the 206 corridor. Way too much development. They did buy up some land and block a few warehouses, so they are trying, but still, the future doesn't look good. COAH is destroying that town. One positive note, the western half of Hills is still hanging in there. It's relatively bumble-f compared to the eastern part and you can avoid 206 during rush hour.

Alfonsos is my go to pizza place

With Sausage
I was a Central Pizza guy back in the day. Loved the owners. I remember working one Saturday I went in there for a couple of slices and Pat has a playoff game on. Marinovich is stinking things up for the Raiders and Pat keeps saying in his heavy accent, “Theez, Raiders, they do nothing!” 😂

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT