ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I’m buying blackberry

I've been playing a fun game of coulda shoulda woulda with BB. I almost grabbed 100 shares last week at $9 and couldnt pull the trigger. I kept harkening back on my terrible experience with the original "iphone killer", the Blackberry Storm, aka the worst touchscreen phone ever created. That phone was the biggest POS ever.

I threw some $ behind Nokia today, as it seems next in line for the WSB autists after GME and BB. The intelligent people over there are going to cash out soon on GME and have a lot of $$$ to play with.

Been reading about blockchain mining companies. You are right, RIOT and MARA seem to be the most mature and fairly valued (even though they will be impacted by the up and down of BTC). What do you think of Argo and Hive as lottery tickets?

Formally added BLOK to my crypto portfolio.

You could do well on the miners, but I hate to be a broken record, the value in crypto is the self sovereign nature of owning your own coins

Bitcoin slowing creeping up. I think the recent fear, misinformation and attempted manipulation by some big names has passed.

It's going to keep happening. I grabbed more over the weekend on what seemed like lows. I'll be a broken record again. BTC is going to be the gold while coin x is going to be the dollar in the digital world. Digital payments and Crypto are here to stay and will be embraced by more and more as we move forward.

The short term talk of regulation only legitimizes the crypto space more. And even if the US tries to regulate, people will look elsewhere to purchase crypto. It's like NJ banning fireworks back in the day. People would just drive into PA to purchase them.

Its the wild west sifting through alt coins, but there's real utility and use behind some of them. Besides ETH--- DCR, ELA, AAVE & FIL are alts I believe in.

You'll start seeing sports teams and celebrities with their own coins very very soon. All providing promises of more access to team x or celeb y.

Anyone comfortable investing in chinese companies now with the jack ma situation and many other millionaires and billionaires dissappearing randomly through the last few years.
hell ya
i made some money back in spring on Tencent, company i love. always bounced back after Trump threats (wechat etc) . regrettably got out of it eventually. but thankfully Jack Ma plaing hide and seek drove nearly entire China tech sector down some, got back in at $70 at that time. yesterday was given $100 target and spike again. take a look at their investments, it's incredible.

I've been playing a fun game of coulda shoulda woulda with BB. I almost grabbed 100 shares last week at $9 and couldnt pull the trigger. I kept harkening back on my terrible experience with the original "iphone killer", the Blackberry Storm, aka the worst touchscreen phone ever created. That phone was the biggest POS ever.

I threw some $ behind Nokia today, as it seems next in line for the WSB autists after GME and BB. The intelligent people over there are going to cash out soon on GME and have a lot of $$$ to play with.

You could do well on the miners, but I hate to be a broken record, the value in crypto is the self sovereign nature of owning your own coins

It's going to keep happening. I grabbed more over the weekend on what seemed like lows. I'll be a broken record again. BTC is going to be the gold while coin x is going to be the dollar in the digital world. Digital payments and Crypto are here to stay and will be embraced by more and more as we move forward.

The short term talk of regulation only legitimizes the crypto space more. And even if the US tries to regulate, people will look elsewhere to purchase crypto. It's like NJ banning fireworks back in the day. People would just drive into PA to purchase them.

Its the wild west sifting through alt coins, but there's real utility and use behind some of them. Besides ETH--- DCR, ELA, AAVE & FIL are alts I believe in.

You'll start seeing sports teams and celebrities with their own coins very very soon. All providing promises of more access to team x or celeb y.

Yeah seems like WSB people can make moves in this market and after the GME gains they will have more money to spend like you said. I actually think BB has some viability though in this EV race from everything I read up on them. If they can take hold with their OS in the auto space with some of their recent partnerships with Amazon and hopefully in the future TSLA(outside of SpaceX who they are already involved with), I could see this stock doing well

What miners are you bullish on? Or will all of them do well as the crypto market develops?

Yeah seems like WSB people can make moves in this market and after the GME gains they will have more money to spend like you said. I actually think BB has some viability though in this EV race from everything I read up on them. If they can take hold with their OS in the auto space with some of their recent partnerships with Amazon and hopefully in the future TSLA(outside of SpaceX who they are already involved with), I could see this stock doing well

I agree on BB. I've been watching all day to look for a potential entry point. I just cant shake the frustration of that shitty touchscreen on the blackberry storm.

What miners are you bullish on? Or will all of them do well as the crypto market develops?
Riot and Marathon. I just think the mining market is going to get more crowded due to overseas interest. broken record time again... the better play is opening up a Gemini or Coinbase account and purchasing coins directly on downturns. I've done BTC buys as little as $25.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Interesting market today, plenty of ups and downs (not talking cryptos).

It's the day traders and Robin Hoods. Look at BGS, which I've held since February 2009. One Yahoo article and it goes up over 30% in the first half hour and loses half of that before closing.

It's the day traders and Robin Hoods. Look at BGS, which I've held since February 2009. One Yahoo article and it goes up over 30% in the first half hour and loses half of that before closing.
Good grief, that's crazy. That chart today is nuts. F'ing Robinhooders! LOL.

Is there a way cryptocurrencies can conform with OFAC regulations?

For example, every wire my company sends requires a screening of all entities/banks involved in the transaction. All banks do this too.

My main concern is the possibility that the gov't deems crypto a threat to national security.

Bought BB today hopefully a quick out in a few days if it continues to run.

someone brought up China stocks... I bought Nio at 22 now like 60 no complaint here cashed out half so now playing with house money.

Good grief, that's crazy. That chart today is nuts. F'ing Robinhooders! LOL.

GME was way crazier.

I know people want to compare these type moves to previous bubble's, and I'm not saying there are not similarities, but because of the social media element, and I figure the relatively young age of these traders, I do think this is different. This might all be worse, for different reasons, but I do think it's different.

Bought BB today hopefully a quick out in a few days if it continues to run.

someone brought up China stocks... I bought Nio at 22 now like 60 no complaint here cashed out half so now playing with house money.
Get in early and take profits along the way, I think that is the name of the game if you are going to partake in these crazy runs.

GME was way crazier.

I know people want to compare these type moves to previous bubble's, and I'm not saying there are not similarities, but because of the social media element, and I figure the relatively young age of these traders, I do think this is different. This might all be worse, for different reasons, but I do think it's different.
Even ETFs are being impacted. ARKK dropped $6 in literally 10 mins. Why? No idea. Luckily, I was able to snag some more right after it started to bounce back.

Regarding cryptos and their utility, XRP and Iota seem to offer technology that is useful and could potentially be commonly used, but I can't figure out how that translates to the value of their coin since it's not like buying their coin is a share of ownership like a stock is.

Anyway I got burned on an ICO that fizzled out to nothing, and I'm sure that is the case with most of these smaller altcoins. Now I just have my crypto investment all in C20, which is essentially a mutual fund that invests in the top 20 performing cryptos and automatically reallocates I believe every week.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07
There might be a short squeeze on SENS in the making. Might be worth to throw a few bucks at it, trading around 2.85.

Is this the WSB scuttlebutt?

Edit: I see it ran pretty good today.
A little bit of that, plus the fact that it has potential to be a decent 5g play once real 5g rollout begins. I also like the 5G ETF - FIVG.

Regarding cryptos and their utility, XRP and Iota seem to offer technology that is useful and could potentially be commonly used, but I can't figure out how that translates to the value of their coin since it's not like buying their coin is a share of ownership like a stock is.

Anyway I got burned on an ICO that fizzled out to nothing, and I'm sure that is the case with most of these smaller altcoins. Now I just have my crypto investment all in C20, which is essentially a mutual fund that invests in the top 20 performing cryptos and automatically reallocates I believe every week.

XRP was the first crypto I purchased, getting sold on it at a XMAS party in 2018. The idea and the tech behind it makes sense. The problem with XRP is two fold. First the max supply is 100 billion coins. 100 billion. The odds of a single coin holding a value over $10, or even $5 are slim to none. The second major issue, which is what got them in trouble a month ago, is that the founders still own a criminal amount of XRP. I forget the number, but its absurd.

THE ICO's are going to be real dicey, especially if they're valued high. Always look at the max circulation in addition to the tech/solution the coin/token is trying to solve. If there's real utility and the price is right, relative to the max circulation, it could be worth a gamble.

The issue with a top 20 based fund is that crypto is the wild west, littered with junk, scammers and the such. A coin can make a quick push into the top 20 by releasing more coins to quickly increase their market cap. It's happened a lot, as shitcoins try to work their way into the top 20 or 50.

I struggle with alts. I've been buying a lot of them, but every interview with Michael Saylor I listen to, I get sucked back down the BTC wormhole.

Just as my opinion with BTC & ETH, I think you're best served owning your alts outright. My largest alt holdings (in order) are: Decred, Elastos, AAVE & Filecoin. Decred is 30-60 days away from being a $100+ coin, Elastos has potential to change the privacy of the internet, AAVE has done extremely well the last 90 days, an Filecoin has real utility in cloud storage.

I also have a cute little stash of AXS & WOZX. They're doubtful to pop, but I like the idea behind the two of them.

In the last year+, I've gone from crypto cynic to believer. Mass Venmo use among youth was the initial eye opening moment to digital payments, months of reading followed, then the excessive $$$ printing by JPow pretty much sent me down the path of crypto.

Are you trying to equate Venmo with crypto? Venmo is for kids who are too cool to use PayPal. That’s it. Nothing to do with crypto.

• Wow
Reactions: bob-loblaw

The miners who are able to prove their operation is using the cleanest energy possible. Lots of them are heading to cold climates with low electrical costs, which is good for operations but may not work once certain climate policy standards come into play. Miners that use hydro, solar and wind energy will have an advantage

Reactions: T2Kplus20 and RU-05
There might be a short squeeze on SENS in the making. Might be worth to throw a few bucks at it, trading around 2.85.
Aside from the short, it's an interesting company in that they had really good revenue growth prior to 2020, but those revenues tanked, from 20 mil, to 4 mil last year. (Because of Covid?)

The interesting part is the expected growth moving fwd. $64 mil by 2023. So although the price to sales looks rich off a tank in revenue year at 80X, if those expectations prove true then that multiple starts to become more attractive.

Last edited:
A little bit of that, plus the fact that it has potential to be a decent 5g play once real 5g rollout begins. I also like the 5G ETF - FIVG.

XRP was the first crypto I purchased, getting sold on it at a XMAS party in 2018. The idea and the tech behind it makes sense. The problem with XRP is two fold. First the max supply is 100 billion coins. 100 billion. The odds of a single coin holding a value over $10, or even $5 are slim to none. The second major issue, which is what got them in trouble a month ago, is that the founders still own a criminal amount of XRP. I forget the number, but its absurd.

THE ICO's are going to be real dicey, especially if they're valued high. Always look at the max circulation in addition to the tech/solution the coin/token is trying to solve. If there's real utility and the price is right, relative to the max circulation, it could be worth a gamble.

The issue with a top 20 based fund is that crypto is the wild west, littered with junk, scammers and the such. A coin can make a quick push into the top 20 by releasing more coins to quickly increase their market cap. It's happened a lot, as shitcoins try to work their way into the top 20 or 50.

I struggle with alts. I've been buying a lot of them, but every interview with Michael Saylor I listen to, I get sucked back down the BTC wormhole.

Just as my opinion with BTC & ETH, I think you're best served owning your alts outright. My largest alt holdings (in order) are: Decred, Elastos, AAVE & Filecoin. Decred is 30-60 days away from being a $100+ coin, Elastos has potential to change the privacy of the internet, AAVE has done extremely well the last 90 days, an Filecoin has real utility in cloud storage.

I also have a cute little stash of AXS & WOZX. They're doubtful to pop, but I like the idea behind the two of them.

In the last year+, I've gone from crypto cynic to believer. Mass Venmo use among youth was the initial eye opening moment to digital payments, months of reading followed, then the excessive $$$ printing by JPow pretty much sent me down the path of crypto.

I haven’t visited this investment thread in a while but I’m fired up to see crypto talk going on. I’m pretty deep in the game myself and once you’re in; you’re in.
I play pickup sports with guys in their 20’s and a few things stand out :
-1- they ALL believe that the digital world is the ONLY world. They have known nothing else other than the internet their whole lives.
-2- they want no connection to the old world, especially pre Covid. They don’t even care about gold... that is too old-world to them.
-3- if you are young and not up on crypto news, it means you aren’t on the cutting edge.

My hodlings are :
Bitcoin, chainlink, Cardano , Ethereum, theta, vechain and a small amount of Xrp.

I reduced my alt-coins and beefed up on the big boys. Ultimately I believe these companies will set a new height for investment dollars because the stuff they are working on requires people and systems with unique abilities. There will be multiple companies with trillion dollar market caps over time.

In regards to government regulation ..
they can do some things to regulate crypto as a use of currency, but they can’t really hurt its use as a store of value.
And if they do mess with it’s use as a currency, they stand to lock themselves out from the true world economy that is unfolding - just a dumb move.

The miners who are able to prove their operation is using the cleanest energy possible. Lots of them are heading to cold climates with low electrical costs, which is good for operations but may not work once certain climate policy standards come into play. Miners that use hydro, solar and wind energy will have an advantage
I like HIVE due to the reasons you cited above. Also, they are still a $2 stock instead of $20 like RIOT and MARA. HIVE dipped to $1.90 at opening and I set an order limit for $1.85. It never made it that far, popped back to $2. Oh well, try again tomorrow! :)

I haven’t visited this investment thread in a while but I’m fired up to see crypto talk going on. I’m pretty deep in the game myself and once you’re in; you’re in.
I play pickup sports with guys in their 20’s and a few things stand out :
-1- they ALL believe that the digital world is the ONLY world. They have known nothing else other than the internet their whole lives.
-2- they want no connection to the old world, especially pre Covid. They don’t even care about gold... that is too old-world to them.
-3- if you are young and not up on crypto news, it means you aren’t on the cutting edge.

My hodlings are :
Bitcoin, chainlink, Cardano , Ethereum, theta, vechain and a small amount of Xrp.

I reduced my alt-coins and beefed up on the big boys. Ultimately I believe these companies will set a new height for investment dollars because the stuff they are working on requires people and systems with unique abilities. There will be multiple companies with trillion dollar market caps over time.

In regards to government regulation ..
they can do some things to regulate crypto as a use of currency, but they can’t really hurt its use as a store of value.
And if they do mess with it’s use as a currency, they stand to lock themselves out from the true world economy that is unfolding - just a dumb move.
Interesting video on the threats to BTC. A reasonable and common sense decision:

So I have been in Iota since 2017. Got in between 0.17 and $1. I watched it climb all the way to $5+ but held being greedy. What they are trying to do is unique but the foundation has been in shambles. They have had high turnover and now seem to be on the right track but are still hated on by most crypto people. (They have no miners and offer free transactions miners make no money on this, plus they are still centralized).
I also purchased Eth Lend now AAVE in 2017. Got in around $0.08 it shot up to around $0.42 during the bull run of 2017 I held and it and it went below a penny for sometime. It started pumping over the summer and I finally traded it around $0.34 cents. Now they rebranded to AAVE and are over $260. They did do a token burn or something were every 100 Lend you had became 1 AAVE. Crypto is so volitile you can be up a ton one day and a few days later all gains are gone.
Right now Im in Eth, Ocean Protocol, Utrust and Iota hopefully some of them moon the next bull run

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT