ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I bought a chunk back at like $10.50 a week or two ago. I mentioned then, it was 100% a lotto ticket gamble. I'm prepared for it to go to zero, but hoping an Apple or Amazon or other buys then for $20/share and I make a few bucks
I'm not sure I see a "zero" scenario. Unless EV in general proves to be nothing more then a fad.

But, as @T2Kplus20 notes, a capital raise could be in play, and that would certainly hurt the stock price.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I'm not sure I see a "zero" scenario. Unless EV in general proves to be nothing more then a fad.

But, as @T2Kplus20 notes, a capital raise could be in play, and that would certainly hurt the stock price.
Love RIVN and their products, but as a business, it will be a bumpy road for a while. I definitely want to buy back in when the time is right, but I've got my hand slapped a bunch of times on RIVN already. LOL!

MULN back to full Nasdaq compliance. Up 12% on the news.

I don't think you could find a worse chart. If you've DCA $10 a month into the stock over the last 10 years you'd be about $1430 dollars right about now.

But it does look like it has maybe found a bottom? relatively flat over the last 6 weeks. A fair amount of good news, including sales, dealership agreements, positive testing on solid state batteries.

Love RIVN and their products, but as a business, it will be a bumpy road for a while. I definitely want to buy back in when the time is right, but I've got my hand slapped a bunch of times on RIVN already. LOL!

I'm up 22% since my 2/23 buy at 10.23/share. Now the age old question of do you cash out or just hang on and see where it goes

Rate cuts coming soon!

A new narrative is the rate cuts will actually cause the market to drop.

I think there may be a sell the news element here, but I also think this narrative is based on history that does not resemble the current situation, ie cutting while the economy is humming along.

Nice video summary of the event:

RIVN up 13% on the day. I'd say the event helped put some umph in the bounce.

Edit: Pausing the development of the Georgia plant. R2's will be built in their existing plant. Saving $2b in the short term. And bringing the R2 to market sooner.

Also looks like the R3 will be 2026. At least potentially.

So more offerings sooner, but confirming overall near term(next 2-3 years) growth will not be as ambitious.

Last edited:
A new narrative is the rate cuts will actually cause the market to drop.

I think there may be a sell the news element here, but I also think this narrative is based on history that does not resemble the current situation, ie cutting while the economy is humming along.
Exactly. Most of the time rates are cut due to the Fed f'ing something up or something bad happening. However, sometimes like now, rates are cut just to get back down to neutral and keep real rates from getting too high.

Getting down to 3.5-4.0'ish is the way to go. The Fed can cut if something bad happens or they can jack again if things get overheated.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU-05
More on RIVN. R2 has a $45K starting price but eligible for the $7500 credit.

@rurahrah000 - Any thoughts on today's event?

R3 is where the real money is at. However, they need to survive. The question for the next 12-18 months is can they survive? Tesla will survive. Musk has proven it over and over agin that he has what it takes to survive difficult financial times. Can Rivian do the same? Only time will tell. Like Musk has said, the executives of Rivian and Lucid are going to have to really buckle down and come up with a plan to survive. until they have proven that, all rallys should be sold.

R3 is where the real money is at. However, they need to survive. The question for the next 12-18 months is can they survive? Tesla will survive. Musk has proven it over and over agin that he has what it takes to survive difficult financial times. Can Rivian do the same? Only time will tell. Like Musk has said, the executives of Rivian and Lucid are going to have to really buckle down and come up with a plan to survive. until they have proven that, all rallys should be sold.
I think RIVN is in better shape than Lucid based on market demand and their product. Obviously, Lucid has the Saudi's, but I'm sure RIVN can successfully raise again if needed (which would greatly harm shareholders). Should be interesting to watch. Bumpy road ahead, but the promised land awaits.

It's like a mini industrial Nvidia lol They had their investor day a couple days ago and sounds like the capital allocation strategy and outlook were taken well. It's been going straight up and every pullback is quickly reversed. Kind of unsettling but I think it could keep going until the GE Vernova split in April.

Also see UNH took another dive down after a recent rebound. I believe they had cyber attack and also some antitrust issues. I think there's possibly an opportunity there.

Good jobs report this morning, beat expectations, but unemployment popped and wage growth slowed.

But look at this. Pretty big revision:
Data for January was revised down to show 229,000 jobs created instead of 353,000 as previously reported.

Kind of hard to take this data seriously with such huge revisions!

Question for anyone who knows:
How do jobs numbers come about and why are there revisions, especially when there are huge differences? On the surface, it seems like the original jobs reports are estimates and the revisions are the accurate totals. Am I right on this?

Question for anyone who knows:
How do jobs numbers come about and why are there revisions, especially when there are huge differences? On the surface, it seems like the original jobs reports are estimates and the revisions are the accurate totals. Am I right on this?
Yes, I believe this is correct. Just like GDP data, there are multiple revisions before "finalizing" the data point.

I think RIVN is in better shape than Lucid based on market demand and their product. Obviously, Lucid has the Saudi's, but I'm sure RIVN can successfully raise again if needed (which would greatly harm shareholders). Should be interesting to watch. Bumpy road ahead, but the promised land awaits.
They would be in a much better position if they released R1S first instead of R1T.

Cultural neo-Marxism (DEI brought to US by Blackrock from CCP) killing chip manufacturing in US

"DEI—the identity-obsessed dogma that goes by “diversity, equity, and inclusion”—has now trained Google’s new AI to refuse to draw white people. What’s even more alarming is that it’s also infected the supply chain that makes the chips powering everything from AI to missiles, endangering national security....

Intel announced it’s putting the brakes on its Columbus factory. The Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) pushed back production at its second Arizona foundry (called a fab). The remaining major chipmaker, Samsung, just delayed its first Texas fab. This is not the way companies typically respond to multi-billion-dollar subsidies.

What explains chipmakers’ ingratitude? In large part, frustration with DEI. Commentators have noted that CHIPS and Science Act money has been sluggish. What they haven’t noticed is that it’s because the CHIPS Act is so loaded with DEI pork that it can’t move."

Its no accident new jobs leaving out US men and going heavy on foreigners . That's the goal of "war of deterioration" and not a coincidence - has zip to do with "rights' or "justice".

Cultural neo-Marxism (DEI brought to US by Blackrock from CCP) killing chip manufacturing in US

"DEI—the identity-obsessed dogma that goes by “diversity, equity, and inclusion”—has now trained Google’s new AI to refuse to draw white people. What’s even more alarming is that it’s also infected the supply chain that makes the chips powering everything from AI to missiles, endangering national security....

Intel announced it’s putting the brakes on its Columbus factory. The Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) pushed back production at its second Arizona foundry (called a fab). The remaining major chipmaker, Samsung, just delayed its first Texas fab. This is not the way companies typically respond to multi-billion-dollar subsidies.

What explains chipmakers’ ingratitude? In large part, frustration with DEI. Commentators have noted that CHIPS and Science Act money has been sluggish. What they haven’t noticed is that it’s because the CHIPS Act is so loaded with DEI pork that it can’t move."

Its no accident new jobs leaving out US men and going heavy on foreigners . That's the goal of "war of deterioration" and not a coincidence - has zip to do with "rights' or "justice".

Keep the horse-shaat on the CE board....

Reactions: FastMJ
Was talking with a couple guys, and stock talk kind of came up, and I was called out for watching CNBC, and the topic of the inverse Cramer ETF soon followed.

I'm not a Cramer guy, nor have I been following the ETF but I do know he's been big on NVDA for forever, so I said the inverse ETF is probably not doing well.

And I was kind of right in that it wasn't doing well.........before it liquidated.

So inverse Cramer is no longer a thing.

Was talking with a couple guys, and stock talk kind of came up, and I was called out for watching CNBC, and the topic of the inverse Cramer ETF soon followed.

I'm not a Cramer guy, nor have I been following the ETF but I do know he's been big on NVDA for forever, so I said the inverse ETF is probably not doing well.

And I was kind of right in that it wasn't doing well.........before it liquidated.

So inverse Cramer is no longer a thing.
Over the last 12-15 months, we needed an inverse Dan Nathan ETF! :)

Reactions: RU-05
What Cramer won't remind you while dancing about Nvidia is he's called it a loser multiple times since

What Cramer won't remind you while dancing about Nvidia is he's called it a loser multiple times since
I give Cramer a pass more than most for the simple fact that he has a thankless job. As in, he has to go on TV 2 hours a day and talk about markets and picks. Even Buffett and Lynch were wrong all the time. I'm not listening to him for stock picking advice, but I get what he needs to do on CNBC.

He actually said something to that effect on a recent mrkt call.

Which was a welcome but extremely rare slice of humble pie coming from him.
FYI - Tom Lee with the morning alert. He has been talking about this all month.....hot Jan CPI due to seasonality normally bleeds into a hot Feb CPI due to residual seasonality. He is leaning to a slightly hotter than expected print tomorrow, but says buy the hell out of any temporary dip.

Powell was dovish at Congress and unemployment is creeping up. All good signs for May/June being the start of the cutting cycle.

I give Cramer a pass more than most for the simple fact that he has a thankless job. As in, he has to go on TV 2 hours a day and talk about markets and picks. Even Buffett and Lynch were wrong all the time. I'm not listening to him for stock picking advice, but I get what he needs to do on CNBC.
Thankless? That’s his primary source of income. Buffett has to answer to investors.

Thankless? That’s his primary source of income. Buffett has to answer to investors.
Thankless not as in money earned, but in reputation for making calls. Once again, even greatest investors are probably wrong what, 30-40% of time? Maybe more? If Buffett was on TV 2-hours a day making calls, I bet we would think of him differently.

Thankless not as in money earned, but in reputation for making calls. Once again, even greatest investors are probably wrong what, 30-40% of time? Maybe more? If Buffett was on TV 2-hours a day making calls, I bet we would think of him differently.
Disagree. It would be boring TV but he is not going to be all over the place like Kramer.

It's like a mini industrial Nvidia lol They had their investor day a couple days ago and sounds like the capital allocation strategy and outlook were taken well. It's been going straight up and every pullback is quickly reversed. Kind of unsettling but I think it could keep going until the GE Vernova split in April.

Also see UNH took another dive down after a recent rebound. I believe they had cyber attack and also some antitrust issues. I think there's possibly an opportunity there.
I hope you brought UNH when it went down.

Wrong that many times! 30-40% wrong

DC just bangs on the world like monkeys on crank with hammers

"From 2007 through 2022, the gold price moved in lockstep with TIPS yields, as investors used them interchangeably. The seizure of more than $300 billion of Russian reserves after Moscow’s February 2022 invasion of Ukraine changed that.

Foreign central banks hold $3.4 trillion of Treasury debt and all foreigners own more than $8 trillion. Confiscation of reserves persuaded many foreign investors, official as well as private, to shift to gold."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT