ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Temple field hockey clears field due to shots fired

Geez, hopefully no non-criminals were hit. I was just next door at The Met last night to see Justin Moore and Randy Houser.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
The Temple section of Philly is pretty rough.
They have had multiple opportunities to move the campus and have considered it, but in the end they always decide to stay on N Broad St. They have a satellite campus in Ambler that they once considered moving the main campus to but at the end of the day they stayed put. Also, they were gifted what is now Tyler state park at one point by Ms. Tyler and could have moved the campus to that location as well. If any of you have been to Tyler you know it is an absolutely beautiful park located in Newtown. It would have made for a fantastic backdrop for a university and they would have had plenty of land to expand. But again, they gave that land back to the Commonwealth and that is how we got the park.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
USC runs into these kinds of issues once in a while as well. They even had a football player shot while at practice with a stray bullet.

“Once in a while.”

That was 32 years ago. Is there a more recent example? Otherwise, you’re full of bologna.

“Once in a while.”

That was 32 years ago. Is there a more recent example? Otherwise, you’re full of bologna.
LA in the early 90s wasn't such a paradise while it may be better near/around the campus these days. But directional Cali school is not in a great location, though nice once inside within the campus grounds. Not quite sure how the surroundings compare against North Philly, but perhaps not as bad.

LA in the early 90s wasn't such a paradise while it may be better near/around the campus these days. But directional Cali school is not in a great location, though nice once inside within the campus grounds. Not quite sure how the surroundings compare against North Philly, but perhaps not as bad.
When I was a grad assistant at Georgetown we spent a few days at USC circa 1986. I recall the neighborhood was very rough but the campus was quite beautiful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT