ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Akron @ RU: Mild and Humid (mid-70s for highs) w/tailgates looking mostly dry, but some showers possible during the game

You guys need to settle down the dudes in a thread on The Round Table....

"Wet and Windy"
Just skimmed it and it's not too far off... we will likely have some sprinkles and maybe a light shower before the game (although still a decent chance of dry tailgates) and then more numerous light showers during the game and it'll get breezy by the 2nd half. Way better than it looked 3+ days ago though.

Reactions: NobodyThere
Just skimmed it and it's not too far off... we will likely have some sprinkles and maybe a light shower before the game (although still a decent chance of dry tailgates) and then more numerous light showers during the game and it'll get breezy by the 2nd half. Way better than it looked 3+ days ago though.
Did you read the part where the one guy thinks it’s gonna be like Michigan State last year? Not even close lol

• Angry
Did you read the part where the one guy thinks it’s gonna be like Michigan State last year? Not even close lol
Well there is probably about a 5% chance we get a shower featuring a heavy downpour and some thunder/lightning/gusty winds (greatest chance being in the 3-5 pm timeframe), but that's certainly not what's expected. Also, even if the rain overperforms in the afternoon, it's going to be in the mid-70s and humid vs. mid-50s for MSU, so at least folks generally wouldn't feel cold and wet - just wet.

Well there is probably about a 5% chance we get a shower featuring a heavy downpour and some thunder/lightning/gusty winds (greatest chance being in the 3-5 pm timeframe), but that's certainly not what's expected. Also, even if the rain overperforms in the afternoon, it's going to be in the mid-70s and humid vs. mid-50s for MSU, so at least folks generally wouldn't feel cold and wet - just wet.
If that "5%"hit us we're ****ing cursed lolol!! Hasta manana my friend!

• Sad
"Here's a look at the approximate timing of the cold front and onset of scattered showers for Saturday. Not a washout, but be prepared for a few brief showers if you're outdoors, and perhaps a rumble of thunder. Greatest chances near and north of the Philly metro.

The front will bring a drop in temperatures along with increasing winds. There is a high risk of rip currents on Saturday as well. Sunday will be much nicer with sunny skies, drier air, and a northwest breeze."

458372141_916240577195374_8690246052864232550_n.jpg

"Here's a look at the approximate timing of the cold front and onset of scattered showers for Saturday. Not a washout, but be prepared for a few brief showers if you're outdoors, and perhaps a rumble of thunder. Greatest chances near and north of the Philly metro.

The front will bring a drop in temperatures along with increasing winds. There is a high risk of rip currents on Saturday as well. Sunday will be much nicer with sunny skies, drier air, and a northwest breeze."

458372141_916240577195374_8690246052864232550_n.jpg
Nobody cares about "Philly" weather predictions for tomorrow....com'on man lol

• Haha
Still looking not terrible for tomorrow. Lee Goldberg just showed their future radar indicating a sprinkle or two, at most, through about 2 pm, meaning nearly dry to dry tailgates, with a few showers looking likely from 2-4 pm, which could bring about 0.1" of rain (outside shot at 0.2") and some gusty winds with a very low probability of thunder/lightning. He even said there could be a few peeks of sun around 11 am to 1 pm. Temps will be in the upper 60s after sunrise and will rise into the mid/upper 70s for highs with somewhat muggy conditions. Fortunately, the heaviest rain and storms look to stay well to the north of I-80. And all of tonight's 0Z models, so far, are pretty consistent with what Lee Goldberg was showing. Now let's go 1-0 this week.

You can’t be serious
Why would I not be serious? It could torrential downpour in Princeton and not torrential downpour in Piscataway, so what would I - or anyone re: our game - care about Philadelphia weather for tomorrow?

I’m literally the guy who, for a 12 team softball league where each team plays 32 games, is in charge of canceling games during the day based on incoming weather. I have seen torrential downpours two blocks from the field that we have to play at in Jersey City where the field got nothing but sprinkles.

So again, I say, who gives a shit about the weather in Philadelphia tomorrow?

Why would I not be serious? It could torrential downpour in Princeton and not torrential downpour in Piscataway, so what would I - or anyone re: our game - care about Philadelphia weather for tomorrow?

I’m literally the guy who, for a 12 team softball league where each team plays 32 games, is in charge of canceling games during the day based on incoming weather. I have seen torrential downpours two blocks from the field that we have to play at in Jersey City where the field got nothing but sprinkles.

You're missing the point. Tango is showing the NWS Philadelphia Office's forecast for its region, which includes Middlesex County and the rest of the counties in green, below (as per the 2nd link), so the graphic is quite useful for P'way. However, Tango's presentation of it is confusing, as he doesn't include the link to the source, which is the NWS-Philly Office's FB page, linked below, which anyone sharing quoted copyrighted site info should do and a mod should know better. The text Tango quoted is merely saying that the chances of showers within the Philadelphia NWS office's coverage area are greatest near and north of Philly metro, as one can see on the graphic as the percentage chance of showers increases from south to north. That's why providing a bit of context with quoted material is helpful.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/tourCWA

wfophicwa.gif

The Philadelphia office covers Middlesex County New Jersey which happens to be where SHI Stadium happens to be located…

On a related note this supports my contention that when they show the Liberty Bell and Love statue icons in the Big Ten flyover commercial, they appear with Penn State, but they really belong to us!

Scarlet Jerry

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Any change this AM? On way for setup in blue.
Nope. Could be some sprinkles and a light shower (<0.05") through 12-1 pm and then some light/moderate showers during the game, especially from 2-4 pm (0.1" or so, with a few locations getting up to 0.2" where some heavier showers hit - not most places, but impossible to predict where that will be).

Plotter.php

Nope. Could be some sprinkles and a light shower (<0.05") through 12-1 pm and then some light/moderate showers during the game, especially from 2-4 pm (0.1" or so, with a few locations getting up to 0.2" where some heavier showers hit - not most places, but impossible to predict where that will be).

Plotter.php
FWIW, driveway is wet down near Manasquan after some light rain.

Dry as a bone in the Blue Lot…but HUMIID as ****!

That's good to hear.
Just stopped raining here by 78.

My kids sport have finally caught up to me and I can't even watch the games this year.
We have a softball game in Berkeley Heights and then 2 baseball games in Branchburg.

Looks like they are all getting played.

That's good to hear.

My kids sport have finally caught up to me and I can't even watch the games this year.
We have a softball game in Berkeley Heights and then 2 baseball games in Branchburg.

Oooof!

Futurecast has main line arriving after 130 pm but spotty drizzle will be around with the damp humid conditions beforehand

Had a light shower here around 7 am, but just saw the sun peep out. Radar looks good for a bit, but keep in mind that sprinkles or drizzle might not show up on the radar. Heading over now...

That's good to hear.

lol Nick😊
As my dad used to say, “didn’t you play enough baseball and softball all spring and summer”
Time to use different muscles and different senses which will make you better at baseball/softball.
Have some fun and variety, play soccer or football…it’s the fall!!!!

lol Nick😊
As my dad used to say, “didn’t you play enough baseball and softball all spring and summer”
Time to use different muscles and different senses which will make you better at baseball/softball.
Have some fun and variety, play soccer or football…it’s the fall!!!!

Hahaha.
They are playing travel soccer as well.
It's funny - they were all ball all summer every day.
Non stop wanted to only go hit and field.

But as soon as they did one week of soccer camp, they went back to playing that.

I told them "soccer is different. Your going to be running and moving non stop."

My daughter was up throwing a foam ball against the wall at 7am with her old tee ball glove to start warming up.

10:00am Cloudy 13 % 0 in
11:00am Cloudy 14 % 0 in
12:00 pm Mostly Cloudy 10 % 0 in
1:00pm Cloudy 14 % 0 in
2:00pm Rain 67 % 0.04 in
3:00pm Showers 59 % 0.06 in
4:00pm Showers 38 % 0 in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT