ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for UW @ RU: Should be warm, cloudy and mostly dry, but a few sprinkles/light showers are possible

For a sprinkle or two?
Latest high resolution, short-range models which ran at 9 am this morning (HRRR and RAP, which many mets use for 12-18 hour forecasts since they run hourly) still show no measurable rain through 8 pm (although a sprinkle or two are possible, as they might not show up on radar) and then show about 0.02-0.05" of rain from a few light showers (with much of the time being dry) during the game. That's t-shirt and shorts weather for some of u,s with temps in the mid/upper 60s and light winds; the little girls with ringlets in their hair will be completely protected by their raingear, lol (that's a joke - we go through this every time, which is why I try to provide estimated rainfall amounts so people can decide on their own).

Absolutely….i brought a light Block R athletics jacket with me IN CASE rain is more than a “nuisance” - black - but otherwise shorts and t-shirt all day and evening,
Yep. We've had humid/warm weather (temps in the low/mid 70s during the day and upper 60s at night, just like today's forecast) with clouds and a sprinkle on occasion for days here in OCNJ and it's always t-shirt and shorts. Of course, I've also been in t-shirt and shorts for monsoon games (at least warm ones with temps over 60F).

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Yep. We've had humid/warm weather (temps in the low/mid 70s during the day and upper 60s at night, just like today's forecast) with clouds and a sprinkle on occasion for days here in OCNJ and it's always t-shirt and shorts. Of course, I've also been in t-shirt and shorts for monsoon games (at least warm ones with temps over 60F).
True…it’s not “shorts” for everyone but saying “no” isn’t necessarily the case either.

True…it’s not “shorts” for everyone but saying “no” isn’t necessarily the case either.
Of course not. Half of our crew will be completely bundled up against any possible rain, 40% will bring a poncho just in case and I'll be in shorts and a t-shirt along with one other guy. We do these silly arguments all the time. The only useful thing is providing folks a best guess from the pros on how much rain to expect and let them decide. The rest is banter.

I will add that the Hi-Res models continue to show no rain for the tailgates and <0.05" through midnight, but they do show 0.1-0.2" from about 12 am to 3 am, so there is some risk of more significant rain if that gets in earlier. Let's hope it's a blowout win for RU and is over by 11:15 pm.

Yet amazingly fans all over the nation in their 70’s and up can sit through heavy rains all game long. SMDH
Good for them! I'm not them. Neither are the others who would rather partly cloudy than mist & drizzle. I paid my dues when I was younger (Syracuse rain game, Return of Eric LeGrand snowstorm, plenty of other soggy forgetful games).

Reactions: SpankySuxNUTS
Good for them! I'm not them. Neither are the others who would rather partly cloudy than mist & drizzle. I paid my dues when I was younger (Syracuse rain game, Return of Eric LeGrand snowstorm, plenty of other soggy forgetful games).
Don't forget the Temple monsoon game.

Of course not. Half of our crew will be completely bundled up against any possible rain, 40% will bring a poncho just in case and I'll be in shorts and a t-shirt along with one other guy. We do these silly arguments all the time. The only useful thing is providing folks a best guess from the pros on how much rain to expect and let them decide. The rest is banter.

I will add that the Hi-Res models continue to show no rain for the tailgates and <0.05" through midnight, but they do show 0.1-0.2" from about 12 am to 3 am, so there is some risk of more significant rain if that gets in earlier. Let's hope it's a blowout win for RU and is over by 11:15 pm.

The forecast for Bergen shows light rain beginning around 10

Those games were fun! But not as much fun as WVU in 85? at the Meadowlands or Temple in 2002, which was the worst weather game I ever attended: upper 30s, pouring rain and howling wind the whole time.

A lot dryer in Trenton area then Philly. Much warmer too.
Have a black T-shirt and a black wind breaker. Stopping at Scarlet Fever for a white Rutgers hat as I need a new one for the season. No I'm not buying a black one! I'd never wear again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT