ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Akron @ RU: Mild and Humid (mid-70s for highs) w/tailgates looking mostly dry, but some showers possible during the game

Dude…you REALLY wanted it to rain lol…there was MORE SUN than rain today lolol!!!
I didn't want rain at all - why would you say that? Was just reporting what the radar showed - we got pretty lucky that squall line fell apart or we would've gotten the 1/4-1/2" of rain with gusty winds that they got 25 miles W and NW of us when I made the comment about the squall line looking robust. Some models had shown the line dissipating from NWNJ to 95, but I didn't think it would completely fall apart and bring nothing other than cool air and a few sprinkles. Even areas 5-10 miles from P'way got 0.05-0.10" of rain right before the line reached us (like @NickRU714 reported from Branchburg).

Overall, the forecast from the NWS and the models was nearly spot, IMO, apart from not getting any rain at all during the game and especially in the 2nd half - but I'll take that kind of minor miss.

I didn't want rain at all - why would you say that? Was just reporting what the radar showed - we got pretty lucky that squall line fell apart or we would've gotten the 1/4-1/2" of rain with gusty winds that they got 25 miles W and NW of us when I made the comment about the squall line looking robust. Some models had shown the line dissipating from NWNJ to 95, but I didn't think it would completely fall apart and bring nothing other than cool air and a few sprinkles. Even areas 5-10 miles from P'way got 0.05-0.10" of rain right before the line reached us (like @NickRU714 reported from Branchburg).

Overall, the forecast from the NWS and the models was nearly spot, IMO, apart from not getting any rain at all during the game and especially in the 2nd half - but I'll take that kind of minor miss.
Bro…chill…I was just having some fun with you.

Reactions: bac2therac
You can thank all the pussies all over social media talking about the rain all week. Especially that Nick guy on Facebook.l tell everybody that lightning delays were expected. Freaking idiot.
True, but just as many RU fan pussies out there who whine and complain about weather that isn't perfect and then won't even show up when there's merely the threat of a few spells of bad weather.

The line is falling apart some south of 78 as shown by many models so hope its brief and not too heavy

Typical that you didn't quote my follow-up a few minutes later. This thread was spot on the whole week and this is all you can think of to post. Maybe just try not being a dick in a weather thread. Just once.

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT