ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New C8 Corvette is Revealed

This is not a flattering angle, IMO. I see test mules for more powerful version of the C8, with apparently lowered suspensions, wider bodies, and larger rear wings, and they do look a lot better, overall.

But while the front of the car below is okay, the door, intakes, and rear fender area just looks terrible to my eyes.

ex-3.jpg

fake news

if you take out the word plenty, you have a case. the last picture is pure BS. The driver and the front passenger have be 5'6" for that to work.
Plenty is such a vague term, I figured I could get away with it. [roll]

As I mentioned above, in practice, plenty of people do actually use the rear seats for young kids. And yes, the rear seats do accommodate baby seats.

99069d1139343697-baby-seat-in-a-911-fits-good-118_1870.jpg

attachment.php

images

911+Kids1167457134.jpg

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/can-you-get-childs-car-seat-porsche-911-281474979859678
I’m impressed that you looked this up. The more relevant question really is how many hookers can you get in the backseat of a 911.

That said, I wasn’t thinking when I wrote what I said. I suppose you could tether a childseat behind the passenger’s seat if you slide the passenger seat up and there’s nobody in it but a pygmy. Alternately, they sell a specialized roof rack for the 911. I’m sure you could configure a way to attach a baby seat to that. Of course, the baby mama might not like it too much. But if she’s high on blow, it wouldn’t matter much anyhow.

I’m impressed that you looked this up. The more relevant question really is how many hookers can you get in the backseat of a 911.

That said, I wasn’t thinking when I wrote what I said. I suppose you could tether a childseat behind the passenger’s seat if you slide the passenger seat up and there’s nobody in it but a pygmy. Alternately, they sell a specialized roof rack for the 911. I’m sure you could configure a way to attach a baby seat to that. Of course, the baby mama might not like it too much. But if she’s high on blow, it wouldn’t matter much anyhow.
Hookers in the backseat? :eek:

The right sort of hookers would never ride in a backseat. So you're limited to two hookers who share the front passenger seat (always a hit in Montreal during Formula One race week), or three if you're willing to take the back seat and let one of the hookers drive.

It's a little known fact that most high-priced hookers are also tremendously skilled drivers. There's a fair degree of skill-set overlap.

As for a baby seat or small child, you can easily fit them in the back seat of the latest few generations of 911 Carreras w/out being a pygmy in the front. The 997, 991 and 992 generation 911s are roomier than older generations in that way. It's actually a not-uncommon complaint on Rennlist as each new generation comes out being larger and heavier than the last.

Not saying the backseat is great for carrying people in general. It's definitely not because the seats themselves are tiny. And actually climbing into and out of the back requires the nimbleness of the youth. But for car seats and small children it's fine.

Reactions: RUSK97
So THAT'S your vision of Heaven!
In my vision of heaven, when driving a Porsche, the roads are perfectly paved and empty of all obstacles, including other cars, with fencing to prevent deer crossing, on the road ahead of me.

97 South from Barryville to Port Jervis is pretty close. No fencing, but lots of cliffs on either side making it difficult for sheep to traverse, and often relatively free of slow moving traffic, which is good because it's one lane each way.

I've screamed down that route a couple times now and it was a mystical experience both times. It even has a beautiful view of the Delaware out the right windows for your passenger to enjoy. There are a few areas one can pull over and chill out, take some photos.

Not heaven, maybe. But close.

A surprising choice for R&T's performance car of the year award for 2019. The C8 Corvette being one of the cars included in the final test.

I really enjoyed this well-written article. Hopefully other some car-lovers out there will too.

To the true car-lovers among us whose love of cars prioritizes the driving experience over exclusivity, appearance, or outright performance, the description of why they chose what they chose makes perfect, crystal clear sense. Those of you who will, for no reason whatsoever, take a car out for a drive to nowhere just to enjoy the driving experience will simply get it.

Which isn't to say exclusivity, appearance and outright performance aren't important. Just that they don't always combine to produce the greatest and longest lasting joy of driving.

A surprising choice for R&T's performance car of the year award for 2019. The C8 Corvette being one of the cars included in the final test.

I really enjoyed this well-written article. Hopefully other some car-lovers out there will too.

To the true car-lovers among us whose love of cars prioritizes the driving experience over exclusivity, appearance, or outright performance, the description of why they chose what they chose makes perfect, crystal clear sense. Those of you who will, for no reason whatsoever, take a car out for a drive to nowhere just to enjoy the driving experience will simply get it.

Which isn't to say exclusivity, appearance and outright performance aren't important. Just that they don't always combine to produce the greatest and longest lasting joy of driving.
Well said. Since I'll never sniff a car like a C8, my idea of driving heaven is having no one in front of me.

I get the adulation for the Veloster, since in their minds it's the spiritual successor to the GTI. Still, I'm surprised to see the 'Vette as the only U.S. V8 in the set. I would have thought they'd bring a GT-350R and / or a ZL1-1LE.

I get the adulation for the Veloster, since in their minds it's the spiritual successor to the GTI. Still, I'm surprised to see the 'Vette as the only U.S. V8 in the set. I would have thought they'd bring a GT-350R and / or a ZL1-1LE.
Are the GT-350r and ZL1-1LE new for 2019 models? Or 2020 models? I think the article only covered new for 2019 models.

Oops - just looked again and the article is for 2020, not 2019. So... yeah. Not sure why they excluded them. Perhaps they didn't make it through whatever initial weeding out process they use to narrow the set of cars to a reasonable number for the final test.

Are the GT-350r and ZL1-1LE new for 2019 models? Or 2020 models? I think the article only covered new for 2019 models.

Oops - just looked again and the article is for 2020, not 2019. So... yeah. Not sure why they excluded them. Perhaps they didn't make it through whatever initial weeding out process they use to narrow the set of cars to a reasonable number for the final test.

I had a 2SS rental a couple weeks ago down here in the MEM.

It's hysterical.

I had a 2SS rental a couple weeks ago down here in the MEM.

It's hysterical.
I rented one, don't recall the exact model anymore, in FL for a handful of days. It was fun. Never really had the opportunity to put it through it's paces, though.

I rented one, don't recall the exact model anymore, in FL for a handful of days. It was fun. Never really had the opportunity to put it through it's paces, though.

I made a point of taking it out the last night I had it. There's something definitely unmistakable about 465 hp. Damn thing handles pretty well, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT