ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tom Herman is so over rated

Darnold won't look like this on the Jets. Remember Mark Sanchez?

Darnold is a way different player than Sanchise. Much bigger arm and awareness.

Watched almost every game Sanchez played. Of all the SC QBs who made it to the league, he seemed to have the least potential.

I'd say Darnold has the most.

Reactions: jorand
Dang - knew it would be a good one but I fell asleep at the half. I was surprised the game was USC's first sellout since 2013 but I guess that's the price for having mediocre seasons in a 100k stadium
I was at the game last night and it was electric out there. There were tons of Texas fans there and at times they got real loud. Darnhold was a bit off yesterday and seemed to be throwing the ball late and missing some open guys.

Reactions: ashokan
Given a choice, I'd take an overrated coach over an underrated (or unrated) one. Every time.

Watched almost every game Sanchez played. Of all the SC QBs who made it to the league, he seemed to have the least potential.

He has the most potential, and the Jets will make sure that none of it is realized.

That Texas team is going to be real good very soon. They are kinda screwed with two losses already this year but look out for th next year.

Reactions: RU31trap
He has the most potential, and the Jets will make sure that none of it is realized.

That may be true. But it won't be because he lacks talent and is like Sanchez. He couldn't be any more unlike Sanchez.

Dude has it. Reminds me of better version of Andrew Luck at this stage.

Seem a little undersized for the NFL. However do think he's better than Cantchez.

That Texas team is going to be real good very soon. They are kinda screwed with two losses already this year but look out for th next year.
If by "screwed" you mean the 4-team playoffs are out.. but they could still in the Big XII and play a championship game.. and Oklahoma State and Oklahoma would both look to be marquee victories should Texas be able to pull them off.

I don't know.. a BCS playoff game might still be possible. Certainly since they did not play this QB in that first game, everyone might forget about the Maryland result by the time playoff voting rolls around. If Texas and USC win out.. I can see some appeal in putting them together in the playoffs. Two huge markets.

While I did not say it.. I was also thinking that maybe Tom Herman's offense would not work at a higher level.. but Hermann went with the Frosh QB in game 2 and they won 56-0.. and we all saw game 3,, wow, what a game.

Looks like he found a QB that can make it work. As long as that QB stays healthy maybe Texas can make some noise. That Texas D looks like fun to play on.

AS for DM's value with Texas.. they threw over the top again and again.. 50/50 balls.. they stretched the field.. does that sound like what we saw with DM last year? I think not.
Your touting a win against San Jose St. who completely sucks. Their offense didn't work against USC. They scored a total of 10 pts. in regulation with 4 of USC's starters hurt. They couldn't move the ball for crap the whole game. They had one WR Johnson who's 6' 6" that they just chucked the ball up to 7 rec. 191 yds. They couldn't run for sh*t. Teams will now look to take Johnson out of the game. Orlando and the defense is what kept them in this game,

I was very impressed with Texas. They are going to make noise this year but watch out for them next year.
They will be a top 5 team next year. Bad days are coming to end to this proud program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT