ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top Places to Live in NJ...

Disclaimer: I generally think these lists are mostly crap, but I have to admit I got a chuckle out of Metuchen being #20 and the home of our resident TIC (Troll-in-Chief) not even being on the list. Below are the top 25 places to live in NJ, all with an overall A+ rating, according to Niche. Enjoy.

https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/search/best-places-to-live/s/new-jersey/

1. Princeton Junction
  2. Princeton
  3. Ho-Ho-Kus
  4. Ridgewood
  5. River Edge
  6. Closter
  7. Berkeley Heights Township
  8. Harrington Park
  9. Mountain Lakes
  10. Upper Montclair
  11. Martinsville
  12. Fanwood
  13. Old Tappan
  14. Haworth
  15. Essex Fells
  16. Allendale
  17. Hoboken
  18. Short Hills
  19. Plainsboro Center
  20. Metuchen
  21. Monmouth Junction
  22. Springdale
  23. Glen Rock
  24. Greentree
  25. Princeton Meadows
Not a good list so much wrong here

Absolutely doesn’t exist, the town is Montclair period end.
It’s a zip code for mail north of Watching Ave.
What’s a CDP?
Census designated place. The list is not the “best towns”. It is the best “places” to live . It clearly states that it’s “places “

Census designated place. The list is not the “best towns”. It is the best “places” to live . It clearly states that it’s “places “
Fair enough, just informing you as a 60 year resident of Montclair we don’t recognize it or see it as a different place.

On another note , anyone live in one municipality, but have a mailing address in another municipality?
Had a friend that lived in Sayreville , but she had a south Amboy mailing address. She said it was a pain in the ass.

On another note , anyone live in one municipality, but have a mailing address in another municipality?
Had a friend that lived in Sayreville , but she had a south Amboy mailing address. She said it was a pain in the ass.
Grew up in Hunterdon county, where that was common. Moved to Lebanon Township (not the nearby town with the same name) but had a Califon mailing address. Other kids across the township had Glen Gardner mailing addresses. May have been others.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Grew up in Hunterdon county, where that was common. Moved to Lebanon Township (not the nearby town with the same name) but had a Califon mailing address. Other kids across the township had Glen Gardner mailing addresses. May have been others.
Not surprised by that out there . The land of septics and well water

Reactions: Lerxst72
Good friend lives in New Providence but his mailing address is Summit.

Good friend lives in New Providence but his mailing address is Summit.
Does it cause any issues ? My friend said her situation was a pain with deliveries , car insurance etc.
I wonder if someone actually bought a house in one municipality when thinking they were buying in another. I am sure that has happened

Does it cause any issues ? My friend said her situation was a pain with deliveries , car insurance etc.
I wonder if someone actually bought a house in one municipality when thinking they were buying in another. I am sure that has happened
There is a lot of that going on around Princeton. Montgomery, west windsor, Franklin park, plainsboro, Lawrence all have sections that have princeton mailing addresses.

When they first moved in they announced the NP address so that's what we put on Xmas cards. A couple of years in, we got one sent back to me. That's when he suggested we use Summit. So I'm sure it creates issues.

This is very slanted towards families with school age kids with at least one parent working in NYC
This is the weakness with all such rankings Americans: best for who exactly? People can have very different priorities. Great schools mostly only matters to parents; great social life mostly only matters to single people.

Doesn’t this issue only come up when your property boundaries are sitting in both towns?
I don’t think so . My friend didn’t border south Amboy and lived in Sayreville .
Also, if you’re familiar with Menlo Park mall. There is a section behind the Edison target there that has metuchen addresses and it’s nowhere near metuchen.

There is a lot of that going on around Princeton. Montgomery, west windsor, Franklin park, plainsboro, Lawrence all have sections that have princeton mailing addresses.
Wait does @T2Kplus20 have a Princeton mailing address? Lower Somerset County has become very strange...thankful for the mountain ridge buffers, Raritan River line...and B.B./Manville wedged in there too. lol

Yes. Live in Hamilton, but our zip code comes up "Trenton". We're about as far away from Trenton proper as you can get in Hamilton. To get to Trenton the city, we pass through several "Hamilton" zip codes that are much more gritty and urbanized than the farms and McMansions in Yardville's corner of "Trenton".

Reactions: Plum Street
It looks like if you live in a postal area that sends kids to the West Windsor school system you made the list.

so your saying.
You wonder if someone bought a home in a city listed as one of the top places to live and were happy there , then found out that they really bought
a house in a bottom of barrel neighborhood ?
So what would happen to their happiness then , would they lose their happy place feeling??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT