ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tornado Destroys Windmills In Iowa

That'll really help the whale population in Iowa.
Happy Marine Life GIF by pikaole

Weather conditions does have a way to mess up energy sources from what I found with a quick google.
>Hurricanes Katrina and Rita destroyed at least 113 oil platforms, and severely damaged at least 53 others
  • Hurricane Harvey (2017): Harvey, another Category 4 hurricane, led to a temporary shutdown of nearly 25% of the oil and gas production in the Gulf. Its slow movement led to prolonged impacts, with massive rainfall causing extensive flooding and associated infrastructure damage.
  • Hurricane Laura (2020) and Delta (2020): These storms caused significant disruptions, evacuations, and shutdowns in the Gulf of Mexico’s oil and gas operations.
  • Hurricane Ian (2022): Ian struck the Gulf as a Category 4 hurricane, disrupting about 11% of production in the area
  • January 16, 2024
  • A severe winter storm shut a U.S. Gulf Coast refinery in Texas on Tuesday, triggered malfunctions at others and halved North Dakota oil production as it dumped snow and rain across a broad swath of the nation.
  • North Dakota's oil production fell by half on Tuesday due to extreme cold weather<

Was hoping those things would go into max power generating mode as the tornado approached, but they seemed pretty undisturbed.

Weather conditions does have a way to mess up energy sources from what I found with a quick google.
>Hurricanes Katrina and Rita destroyed at least 113 oil platforms, and severely damaged at least 53 others
  • Hurricane Harvey (2017): Harvey, another Category 4 hurricane, led to a temporary shutdown of nearly 25% of the oil and gas production in the Gulf. Its slow movement led to prolonged impacts, with massive rainfall causing extensive flooding and associated infrastructure damage.
  • Hurricane Laura (2020) and Delta (2020): These storms caused significant disruptions, evacuations, and shutdowns in the Gulf of Mexico’s oil and gas operations.
  • Hurricane Ian (2022): Ian struck the Gulf as a Category 4 hurricane, disrupting about 11% of production in the area
  • January 16, 2024
  • A severe winter storm shut a U.S. Gulf Coast refinery in Texas on Tuesday, triggered malfunctions at others and halved North Dakota oil production as it dumped snow and rain across a broad swath of the nation.
  • North Dakota's oil production fell by half on Tuesday due to extreme cold weather<

I don't know if all that is accurate (such numbers tend to get exaggerated) but it wouldn't surprise me since hurricanes etc bring ferocious winds AND waters. Alas the rigs work 24/7 when running so losing them would be a big hit until repairs. Windmills are erratic in good weather (no wind etc)

• January 16, 2024

This is really important. Many people don’t understand how vulnerable our oil and gas infrastructure is to the effects of climate change.

This is really important. Many people don’t understand how vulnerable our oil and gas infrastructure is to the effects of climate change.
Interesting take. Hurricanes never existed prior to the use of fossil fuels??

If I didn't see that it was Reed Timmer, I would think that was an AI generated movie. That was fantastic and scary.

It went over my head, too. What is the point?

The point is that our oil and gas infrastructure is uniquely exposed to the effects of climate change in ways that many aren’t aware of. Whether it's increasingly stronger tropical cyclones, drought, floods, wildfires, elevated coastal water temps that increase refining costs, deep freezes that idle production, etc. Madhats post was spot on.

The point is that our oil and gas infrastructure is uniquely exposed to the effects of climate change in ways that many aren’t aware of. Whether it's increasingly stronger tropical cyclones, drought, floods, wildfires, elevated coastal water temps that increase refining costs, deep freezes that idle production, etc. Madhats post was spot on.
Okay, I get it. I didn't take in that I was actually reading your response to another response (about MadHat's comment). I thought you were referring to the point of the original post.

I also thought MadHat's post was informative and spot on...

Reactions: RUDiddy777
would be easier to just watch the news for updates instead of chasing these things around

Okay, I get it. I didn't take in that I was actually reading your response to another response (about MadHat's comment). I thought you were referring to the point of the original post.

I also thought MadHat's post was informative and spot on...

I view climate change mostly from an economic perspective. The Gulf coast is really troubling. About 50% of our gasoline is produced there (an even larger percentage if you consider the west coast separately). Laura would have been catastrophic if it was 200 miles west and made landfall close to the Houston ship channel.

They are more vulnerable to lunatics at Ivy colleges and government agencies who push the CCP line.
Some things are spectacularly clear about climate agenda 1) practically all of the dire predictions never came true; 2) US economy self-destructs while China gets to takeover the world while also polluting; 3) whenever the damage done by deconstruction becomes obvious the CCP facilitators double down - damage is the goal (Car mandates failing? Push harder. Destroyed power plant capacity never made up for? Keep attacking ).

Now the CCP's treacherous DC column wants to take a break from pushing transvestites to focus on suing oil companies.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Reactions: goru1869
They are more vulnerable to lunatics at Ivy colleges and government agencies who push the CCP line.
Some things are spectacularly clear about climate agenda 1) practically all of the dire predictions never came true; 2) US economy self-destructs while China gets to takeover the world while also polluting; 3) whenever the damage done by deconstruction becomes obvious the CCP facilitators double down - damage is the goal (Car mandates failing? Push harder. Destroyed power plant capacity never made up for? Keep attacking ).

Now the CCP's treacherous DC column wants to take a break from pushing transvestites to focus on suing oil companies.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Animated GIF

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of W

https://images.app.goo.gl/5bdKzAPwam1JhRDK9

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT