ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wayward Pines

Have it up after 1.5 episodes...interesting premise...boring execution...

Caught up with the last 2 episodes with on demand.
Sheriff now dead and some aliens snatched his body (?).
Getting weird.

Yeah, interesting show after 3 episodes. Previews had looked good so gave it a try and got hooked in. I like the aspect it's just a 10 episode show too. Looking forward to where it goes from here. Not a lot of network shows draw me in anymore, but I really like this one.

Whispers is also an interesting show with kind of the same mystery feel. These shows never go more then 1 or 2 seasons.

Bro!!

Well I don't recall Juliette Lewis being in episode 3 last week, other than in the recap at the beginning. I don't think at least.

Bro!!

Well I don't recall Juliette Lewis being in episode 3 last week, other than in the recap at the beginning. I don't think at least.
I believe that she was when the main character looked at her dead body with her throat slashed.

this is a pretty good show. I was hesitant to watch because it was on a regular network station which usually are subpar compared to cable network offerings but I am glad I did. Acting and direction is first rate. Its a slow pace for the first couple of episodes but then takes a different turn

I am watching it against my better judgment. Reminds me of "The Prisoner" which was done as a 17 episode show where a secret agent was gassed, wakes up at an undisclosed location, and can't get out until the last episode. He doesn't know who or why he is in the Village, and can't escape.

Whispers is also an interesting show with kind of the same mystery feel. These shows never go more then 1 or 2 seasons.

I just watched the premiere of Whispers. Wow. Great idea, but like you said, if it gets renewed, Season 2 will be awful.

At least Wayward Pines has no plans to go beyond the original run.

I used to be a big fan of these kind of shows, but the problem is you can't ever "solve" the mystery, because the show needs to keep going. Or gets cancelled before you get any resolution.

The Event and Flash Forward were two that I really liked that couldn't make it past one season. After that I stopped picking up any shows in the genre. Too frustrating.

I love the idea of a limited run. I wouldn't be watching Wayward Pines if it was a regular series.

Watched the first 2 episodes of "The Whispers" based on the recommendations here. Good show, curious where it goes.

Between that and "Wayward Pines" some good early summer original TV. Been enjoying "Wayward Pines" a lot.

I used to be a big fan of these kind of shows, but the problem is you can't ever "solve" the mystery, because the show needs to keep going. Or gets cancelled before you get any resolution.

The Event and Flash Forward were two that I really liked that couldn't make it past one season. After that I stopped picking up any shows in the genre. Too frustrating.

I love the idea of a limited run. I wouldn't be watching Wayward Pines if it was a regular series.

Couldn't agree more. TV would be much better served with limited run shows that last one season and there is resolution at the end of the season. How many more seasons of the Dome do we have to watch before we find out what the hell is going on!!!!!! LOL

That is why shows like True Detective are so good. Great acting, one season and resolution. We need way more of these shows.

I watched a show called Broadchurch. The first season was good, and there was resolution as to who killed the boy in the small seaside English town. I thought the show was over, and then heard there was a season 2. I watched the first episode of season 2, about the "trial" of the charged murderer, and couldn't watch anymore. What will season three be? The trials and tribulations of the convicted murderer in jail?

One season and an ending is the way to go.

Prison Break was a great example of just dragging out too long. They broke out of prison and it somehow went 3 more seasons.

Im a big fan of the American Horror Story format. 5 seasons, 5 different story lines and 5 different names but they are all in the same style.

Looks like its back. I thought the whole idea was to make one season and that's it but the network had a different idea.

Given how it originally ended, it will be interesting to see what logic leaps they have to make to pull it off...

I found the show oddly interesting and hard to follow...still I watched...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT