ADVERTISEMENT

OT WBB: RIP Pat Summit

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
a true legend has passed. So the Vols at the RAC once, was bery impressed how she ran a team.

Last edited:
Five years after being diagnosed with dementia. She was one of the greats that's for sure.

Very sad. One of the greats indeed. Alzheimers/Dementia is a horrible disease. Lost my mom at an early age shortly after being diagnosed with Dementia. RIP coach

A true shame to pass away so young. It's a horrible disease: that was the last two and a half years of my mother's life.

She was tough as nails as a coach. Her stare was legendary. Unfortunately, she was ultimately confronted by an opponent she couldn't beat.

R.I.P. Coach Summitt

Last edited:
Wow-heard her Alzheimers was worsening-but this. One of the best coaches ever-men's or women's. Never remember Stringer beating her.

Stringer did beat her once, but a game clock operator thought otherwise.

Actually, Stringer handed Summitt one of the worse losses in her career.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/122904aaa.html

It was the start of an 8-day span that saw RU beat No. 8 Tennessee (12/29/04), No. 3 Texas (1/2/05) and No. 1 LSU (1/5/05). One of the greatest stretches by any Rutgers sports team in history.

Last edited:
Actually, Stringer handed Summitt one of the worse losses in her career.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/122904aaa.html

It was the start of an 8-day span that saw RU beat No. 8 Tennessee (12/29/04), No. 3 Texas (1/2/05) and No. 1 LSU (1/5/05). One of the greatest stretches by any Rutgers sports team in history.
Thanks for that article Mike. What an 8 day span that was, still have the tee-shirt that says a week to remember with the scores/schools on the back. Of course Cappie, Mat, and E. are all still playing in the WNBA. Probably 3 of my all-time favorites ever at RU. Cappie #1.

LOL. If you remember lots of homer refs during R Football away game(s) in Knoxville, also. Won the "What's A Rutgers" game though. At the top of my favorites though I was still in High School.
I was at that game along with about 97,000 home fans in disbelief. Although almost gave it away on the blocked FG at the end. Fun trip for sure !

Thanks for that article Mike. What an 8 day span that was, still have the tee-shirt that says a week to remember with the scores/schools on the back. Of course Cappie, Mat, and E. are all still playing in the WNBA. Probably 3 of my all-time favorites ever at RU. Cappie #1.
I still have the t-shirt, too. :sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT