ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We may win the World Cup in 2026

Technically they'd be re-hiring, not keeping, him since his contract is up. Yes I would be against that.
I'm curious to see what happens. But as long as whomever the coach is continues to play the same style GB has been encouraging, I don't care who that coach is.

IMO, the team is a few key pieces from becoming a real threat in the WC. They need Robinson back healthy and need to add a couple more defenders who can be relied upon to be creators from the midfield line at the rear of our attacks. And they need one pure striker type who is a threat to score any time he has the ball.

The midfield and current forwards (except that missing pure striker-type) are good enough, otherwise. More depth everywhere is always good, though (unless their mommies and daddies are going to blackmail the coach to get their little boy more playing time).

I would also be against keeping/rehiring GB.

The nepotism needed to stop.

I’m not convinced either that the US made or advanced because of Berhalter. And I don’t think he’s the guy to lead the US into the ‘26 cup in the US.

Reactions: daneman100
I'm curious to see what happens. But as long as whomever the coach is continues to play the same style GB has been encouraging, I don't care who that coach is.

IMO, the team is a few key pieces from becoming a real threat in the WC. They need Robinson back healthy and need to add a couple more defenders who can be relied upon to be creators from the midfield line at the rear of our attacks. And they need one pure striker type who is a threat to score any time he has the ball.

The midfield and current forwards (except that missing pure striker-type) are good enough, otherwise. More depth everywhere is always good, though (unless their mommies and daddies are going to blackmail the coach to get their little boy more playing time).
How about the new coach teach the defenders how to defend? Can always use another striker but we could have beaten the Dutch if we simply marked a man instead of an area in the box. 2 passes backwards to a wide open man is an issue.

USA will be hosting the 2024 Copa America! But will need to qualify in order to play in it.

The tournament will be comprised of 16 teams: the 10 COMNEBOL teams, and 6 from CONCACAF. The CONCACAF qualifiers will come out of the 2023/24 CONCACAF Nations League tournament.

Assuming the US qualifies, which it should, this should be excellent WC prep.

More on the Reyna family and US soccer.

Gist is that GB was cleared of any wrong-doing and remains a candidate for rehiring while the Reynas come out looking awful for their behavior. I guess that's what most of us already understood but it's now confirmed by the investigation/report.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'd let Reyna continue to play for the team, if he chooses to do so. I think his behavior was quite poor, but not entirely unforgivable. I'd give him a chance to redeem himself.

But I would absolutely ban the Reyna parents from attending any US Soccer events for at least a decade. Their attitudes give off the stench of spoiled entitlement that is so toxic to any organization.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
More on the Reyna family and US soccer.

Gist is that GB was cleared of any wrong-doing and remains a candidate for rehiring while the Reynas come out looking awful for their behavior. I guess that's what most of us already understood but it's now confirmed by the investigation/report.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'd let Reyna continue to play for the team, if he chooses to do so. I think his behavior was quite poor, but not entirely unforgivable. I'd give him a chance to redeem himself.

But I would absolutely ban the Reyna parents from attending any US Soccer events for at least a decade. Their attitudes give off the stench of spoiled entitlement that is so toxic to any organization.

Great comments from Pulisic..

'Everything that happened with Gregg, first of all, has been handled in an extremely childish manner. I think we've seen what's been going on. I think it's childish, it's youth soccer, people complaining about playing time.

'I don't want to go too far into that, but I think Gregg has been extremely unfortunate to get into the position he is in now.'

Reyna is on the roster for the upcoming Nations League matches.

That's good.

But I hope some folks from US Soccer have a talk with him about expected behavior of everybody on the team, including him. They may need to counter any sense of entitlement his parents may have imbued in him. Or else he'll self-destruct again.

Yes please to Balogun! Need to find any and all goal scorers to give a shot.

Would be further good news after Zendejas chose US over Mexico the other day.

Okay fine. We'll take him.

But he has to agree to work on his contractions in his contract.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Holy crap, I would've saved that one - an ok shot and terrible goalkeeping.
Probably not, don’t think anybody would’ve saved it. Keeper was screened big time and had virtually no time to adjust to the path of the ball once it came into view. Even with the lack of pace on the shot.

3 - 1. Grenada with a nice shot, but US D left two attackers fully unmarked at the top of the box. Ridiculously poor defending.

4 - 1. LOL

This is one of the worst soccer matches I’ve seen in a while. I’ve seen HS matches with better quality.

Puli is having a great game. Continuing his quality play from the WC. He just keeps getting better.

Everyone else is meh. US is Not really being defended much, and not having to defend much.

ADVERTISEMENT