ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bridgewater Panthers 14U Tournament Baseball Going to World Series in IOWA

Scoutnmayo

Freshman
Oct 6, 2012
Hi All,
My son is on the team and we are hoping our Rutgers Football Family could help out with any donation possible. They surprised us by winning at Regionals but then reality set in that we have less than two weeks to get out to Iowa.

I thank you in advance for your support.
Thanks,
Jeff

The 14U Bridgewater Panthers from Bridgewater, NJ, are heading to the 2021 Babe Ruth World Series in Ottumwa, Iowa. Bridgewater won the North New Jersey State Championship, held in Westfield, NJ, on July 16, and the Middle Atlantic Regional Championship, held in Somers Point, NJ, on July 27. The Panthers now move on to compete for the National Championship from August 12th-22nd.

Members of the team are: Nick Watson #3, Brandon Kim #15, Oscar Kilgallon #6, Zach Leon #44, Brad Sweet #43, Matt Cichocki #11, Mike Lentini #26, Jack Lanum #4, Bobby Gillespie #37, Sam Matheson #43, and Phil Alifano #27. They are led by Head Coach Eric Schnepf, Assistant Coach Ian Anderson, and Assistant Coach Matt Moore.

This is Bridgewater's first team in ten years to advance to the Babe Ruth World Series. The last 14U team to go was when Head Coach Eric Schnepf and Assistant Coach Ian Anderson were players. Bridgewater has posted an amazing record of 36-6, going 5-0 at States and 4-1 at Regionals.

The Panthers are asking for support to offset some of the boys' travel and lodging costs to participate in the World Series. There are only 11 players with an estimated cost of $3500/player. Roughly $38,500.00 total. The goal is to raise $20,000.00. Any and all donations go a long way in supporting the boys and allowing them to have the experience of a lifetime. The players promise to represent the Township of Bridgewater and the Middle Atlantic region in Iowa with honor and integrity and, of course, the determination to play hard.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to assist with any generous donations for the team.
https://gofund.me/2d87bc60
The Bridgewater Panthers thank everyone for their generosity.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT