ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

How are you attaching your personal pictures to your posts?
I host them on imgur and paste the link into my response. i.e.:

F8v6asG.jpg

It's easy to do, just create a free account there or on another photo hosting site, then upload your pictures to the site and link them from there.

I host them on imgur and paste the link into my response. i.e.:

F8v6asG.jpg

It's easy to do, just create a free account there or on another photo hosting site, then upload your pictures to the site and link them from there.
It is amazing to me that people still have to jump through hoops like that to simply post a picture in 2021.

Stopped by Capital Craft in Green Brook on Rte 22 for a few yesterday. They had an awesome lineup of beers. Started with Spider Bite Boris The Spider, a Russian Imperial Stout, very good. Switched to Magnify Cotton Candy Land, an IPA, sweet as expected, delicious. Siren Noire Imperial Stout w/chocolate aged in bourbon barrels, really good. Ten Bends Beer Northern Heights was a great IPA, not sweet like Magnify's, delish. Paradox Strangelet was a good ipa. Finished with Magnify's Double Barrell Aged Point of Divergence from 2015, excellent. Now that was a good craft beer night, big ones.

What did you get to eat? I enjoy their mariscada.

Wait! They serve more than just sangria? Just kidding. We both had shrimp dishes. Her the provenczal and me the enchilados. The mariscada sounds good and I missed that on the menu as it was under the seafood over rice dishes which I wasnt in the mood for.
I haven't been to Jai Alai in Dover in years, but that used to be a good place. My buddy raves about their sangria..

Lumen, an IPA from Grimm while watching our Rutgers basketball on their way to victory. And now Can I Help You from Magnify. Heading out to watch MMA at a friend's house in just a bit and will undoubtedly have something else.

Reactions: Jm0513
Decided to go with a Bunnahabhain 12 yo tonight.
Quick question for you @DJ Spanky: I almost bought something from Bunnahabhain this past weekend but wanted some feedback before buying. Have you ever tried their Toiteach? Wondering if you ever tried it? Any insight would be appreciated.

Quick question for you @DJ Spanky: I almost bought something from Bunnahabhain this past weekend but wanted some feedback before buying. Have you ever tried their Toiteach? Wondering if you ever tried it? Any insight would be appreciated.
Never had that so I can't give you any feedback on it.

For those that like German pilsners our local store just got a shipment of Sixpoint the Crisp Pilz. Excellent, authentic German style pilsner from a vg NY micro brewery.

What does it taste like? Ooooooh I’m intrigued!!

It's not a strong honey taste, but just enough. It has a bit of a bite, good for sipping. There is another one you can find that's a few more bucks (picture attached). If you like "43" -- think that, only not as sweet with a honey taste instead of what "43" has, which I'm not even sure how to describe.

$17-$18 @ Little Bros, in Flemington (for the Jersey contingent). The other one is around $24 or so, I think.

Barenjager-Honey-Liqueur.jpg

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
Had a Berry Flex from Magnify Brewing last night. A 2x fruited sour that poured like a thin smoothie and tasted like a multiberry smoothie with a little bit of 7Up.

Had a Berry Flex from Magnify Brewing last night. A 2x fruited sour that poured like a thin smoothie and tasted like a multiberry smoothie with a little bit of 7Up.

Sounds . . . INTERESTING. Yeah, interesting . . . 🤓

I seriously think that WE are the laboratory rats to these microbrew/craft brew places that are popping up, everywhere. Whatever the mad scientist/artist pours into the tanks, that day, is what we get to try (and pay $8-$12 for). It's all good, of course.

But maybe one thing we can ALL agree on . . . ?

TOO MANY IPAs!!!

I seriously think that WE are the laboratory rats to these microbrew/craft brew places that are popping up, everywhere. Whatever the mad scientist/artist pours into the tanks, that day, is what we get to try (and pay $8-$12 for). It's all good, of course.

TOO MANY IPAs!!!

Hop prices have driven the cost of beer up over the past few years I am told. It's getting more and more expensive to go out and sample quality, rare beers on tap. Buying from a good, local liquor store helps bring that cost down and increases the amount of available selections. And I cant agree on the IPAs even though I will have beers from all across the spectrum. Solid New England IPAs are worth their weight in gold (in regards to drinking) for me.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Well, I've waiting on this one for some time -- until the dishwasher finished running an hour ago.

And now, I'm enjoying fresh, room temperature water, from the springs of . . Poland (Maine, that is).

And I'm savoring it in a clean, still-warm, empty jar, from my empty jar of Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa collection. Ain't she fine (figure not drawn to scale).
JuuI2Ck6vqXl.jpg

Well, I've waiting on this one for some time -- until the dishwasher finished running an hour ago.

And now, I'm enjoying fresh, room temperature water, from the springs of . . Poland (Maine, that is).

And I'm savoring it in a clean, still-warm, empty jar, from my empty jar of Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa collection. Ain't she fine (figure not drawn to scale).
JuuI2Ck6vqXl.jpg
Wait..what? You're drinking water out of this salsa jar?
Btw..How's that salsa?

Wait..what? You're drinking water out of this salsa jar?
Btw..How's that salsa?

We all have our favorite collections. Other than my record collection, it's next in line.
Actually, I go through so much of the stuff, I don't always get them to the recycle bin. The salsa (IMO), is fantastic. It's actually equal if not better, mixed in with other stuff. It's a combo of sweet and spicy (No Jokes here, everyone). I put it in soups, mix with ground turkey, add it to salad. And, the jars are actually a perfect size for just about anything except a full can/bottle of beer. Two Thumbs Up!

Last edited:

TOO MANY IPAs!!!

Hop prices have driven the cost of beer up over the past few years I am told. It's getting more and more expensive to go out and sample quality, rare beers on tap. Buying from a good, local liquor store helps bring that cost down and increases the amount of available selections. And I cant agree on the IPAs even though I like all kinds . Solid New England IPAs are worth their weight in gold (in regards to drinking) for me.

Hop prices have driven the cost of beer up over the past few years I am told. It's getting more and more expensive to go out and sample quality, rare beers on tap. Buying from a good, local liquor store helps bring that cost down and increases the amount of available selections. And I cant agree on the IPAs even though I like all kinds . Solid New England IPAs are worth their weight in gold (in regards to drinking) for me.

Hey, you plagiarized on the guy that shares your handle. He wrote the same thing about 12 hours ago!

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Hey, you plagiarized on the guy that shares your handle. He wrote the same thing about 12 hours ago!

Good catch if that is the case. I did not notice that post. Plus, unless my response is verbatim, I will stick to my guns and label it paraphrasing. Since I'm here, I will add that I had some cinnamon whiskey on the rocks last night.

Reactions: chickenpatty2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT