ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

Just finished a dram of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof.
62.85 % ALC. Wonderful stuff.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
It was a rare night of sorts as the little lady of the house decided to sample some craft beer with me while watching a documentary about how profit-minded social media companies manipulate their users and contribute to conspiracy theories and mental health issues: DDH Yacht Juice from Icarus, Lumen from Grimm, Haunted House from Allagash, and Baby Kittens from Fat Orange Cat.

Reactions: Postman_1
Hop prices have driven the cost of beer up over the past few years I am told. It's getting more and more expensive to go out and sample quality, rare beers on tap. Buying from a good, local liquor store helps bring that cost down and increases the amount of available selections. And I cant agree on the IPAs even though I will have beers from all across the spectrum. Solid New England IPAs are worth their weight in gold (in regards to drinking) for me.

Totally agree. Here in FL Total Wine has the best selection of craft brews locally.

Im a fan of German Pilsners and they have > 120 choices in stock.

TW Just had a delivery of Sixpoint The Crisp pilz, from Brooklyn. An excellent choice for a true German style pilsner. Easily available in ny-nj-pa.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I'll be celebrating/drowning my sorrows with Alberta Premium Cask Strength Rye.

How are those sorrows doing? Wow..what a turn around! I had a buddy stop by. Started with an Icarus, Forever Forward. Followed by a donated Stalk by Proclamation. Next was Unreliable Narrator from Threes Brewing. Last was Hip Cyclone by Troegs. For any who care, they were all variations of IPAs.

Going with Lagavulin 9 Game of Thrones tonight. Nothing better then a smokey Islay Scotch in the winter
Great choice especially since that is what I am going with as well. I was in @DJ Spanky ('s) neck of the woods today in Wayne NJ (Corrados) and I stopped at USA Wine Traders Club. They had the Lag 9 GOT for under $60. I am enjoying it very much tonight. Very good dram.

Last edited:
Reactions: Postman_1
Got me some of this. Added a dash of water. Took a few sips.
Just waking up, now, in time for the basketball game!

479055.jpg

Gents, special times with this bball win tonight. Also just great things happening this week for myself -- bonus from work and got my first Pfizer shot on Friday.

Treated my father and got him a bottle of Macallan 18 double cast earlier today. I love my Islay but I will say trying this for the first time, I really enjoyed the Macallan 18.

For dinner, I was still in a great mood with the Rutgers win and all going on so it was a bottle of red, Cakebread merlot. Very nice CA merlot imo.

What a great win for our bball team! Makes me so proud.

Last edited:
Just cracked a Icarus DDH Spelt Check Cryo Sabro. Very good. Hopefully some NJ breweries will start with outside seating soon. I know Kane has been shut down but with the warmer weather coming it should open up soon.

Just cracked a Icarus DDH Spelt Check Cryo Sabro. Very good. Hopefully some NJ breweries will start with outside seating soon. I know Kane has been shut down but with the warmer weather coming it should open up soon.

Just bought the same. Also picked up Kane Port Omna for a St Pat's meal next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT