ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

Sipping on Lot 40 Rye during the game. Broke out the Stagg Jr. for the post-game celebration/women's game.

550242.jpg

Reactions: RUpop
Gents, special times with this bball win tonight. Also just great things happening this week for myself -- bonus from work and got my first Pfizer shot on Friday.

Treated my father and got him a bottle of Macallan 18 double cast earlier today. I love my Islay but I will say trying this for the first time, I really enjoyed the Macallan 18.

For dinner, I was still in a great mood with the Rutgers win and all going on so it was a bottle of red, Cakebread merlot. Very nice CA merlot imo.

What a great win for our bball team! Make me so proud.

Well done sir! Really enjoying this Aultmore 12 myself.

Is it worth the price? I don't drink that type of liquor this is why I ask. ☺
I'm more of a....
lckVJvJ.jpg
Don’t know. They were all gifts. I would never spend that kind of money on booze 😀

for my own money, Oban 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
550242.jpg

Absolute classic and soooo friggin delicious.

Took a ride over to Kane Brewing today for their Port Omna releases. Having one now a peanut butter chocolate imperial milk stout. Very tasty, hopefully Kane opens up for seating again soon. Lots of people there today would of been nice to have a few.

51034053557_7983bca7ee_c.jpg

Reactions: Jm0513
I'm totally heartbroken that Belgiuminabox closed their doors They were my go to place for ordering Westy12

Reactions: RUpop and Postman_1
I tried Haig Club Single Grain (The scotch advertised by David Beckham) at dinner on Sunday... at the Brick Farm Tavern in Hopewell. This is the taproom for Troon Brewery which is on the farm property.

I enjoyed it but I’m glad I tried it by the glass at a restaurant and didn’t buy a bottle. It’s not replacing some of my favorites.

Side note - being at Troon I tried a milk stout called Whoopi (a bit sweet but good overall), I recommend a visit to the taproom... nice selection

Reactions: Postman_1
Going with Kane Morning Bell tonight. Really liking the coffee flavor in it.

Morning Bell, is our Imperial Milk Porter brewed with the darkest of Rook’s freshly roasted coffees, creating a full-bodied porter with big flavor and remarkable smoothness. Lactose added to an already complex malt bill sweetens and balances the bold flavor of Rook’s coffee. Morning Bell was one of our first collaboration beers that we’ve continued brewing since 2012!

34664__69293.1611194768.jpg

You and I share similar taste in beer. Love German brews (and all non sour Belgians) haven't had Augustiner in a while. Enjoyed a Eisbock the other night by Neshaminy Creek Brewery that was aged 3 years. Eisbock are hard to get these days. Andechs makes wonderful brews.

Probably shared this one or two times in the past, but this was the "best" of the German wheat beers I've ever had, but most likely only because I was drinking it at a wonderful fish restaurant somewhere in Austria, years back. The setting definitely plays a role for my money's worth. It's not made anymore -- still have the empty bottle! I always walk by the imports at places like Little Bros in Flemington, but haven't bought any in forever. I may have to explore, once again.
374.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT