ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who would win, a sixty pound dog or a fox?

A Fox?
HairySoupyAmazontreeboa-small.gif
or a fox?!
TanHeavyHairstreakbutterfly-small.gif
lol

Last edited:
Reactions: red sail
I too had a similar story but I was getting chased by a cougar. I tried to outrun, played hard to get, then realized what am I doing? I smacked that sumabitch in the tail and sent her packing in the morning. sketchy morning, I thought I was going to have to gnaw my arm off.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on being a chased by a cougar. They only sneak attack, and you would either be in the hospital for an extended time or dead.

Reactions: Jm0513
Yeah, I'm calling BS on being a chased by a cougar. They only sneak attack, and you would either be in the hospital for an extended time or dead.
I've definitely been chased by cougars before. A couple caught me and you're right that one could end up in the hospital.

A couple penicillin shots later, though, and I was all better.

Reactions: red sail
I've definitely been chased by cougars before. A couple caught me and you're right that one could end up in the hospital.

A couple penicillin shots later, though, and I was all better.

How big were these cougars?

OK, I just googled cougar sizes in NJ and California. NJ cougs gets up to about 35 pounds. Out west they get up to 200 pounds.

How big were these cougars?

OK, I just googled cougar sizes in NJ and California. NJ cougs gets up to about 35 pounds. Out west they get up to 200 pounds.
The ones that caught me? Maybe 110 LBS, give or take ~10 LBS.

While it's not exactly out West, there was a Texas cougar incident. I first met her in college when she had not yet achieved full cougardom, really not all too far removed from being a mere cub. And as such, was more or less harmless at the time.

Anyway, a few years ago, she and cougar-friend of hers set a trap for me in Dallas. Clever, these cougars. Devious even. And potentially very dangerous; all sharp teeth and nails.

And I came close to being caught.

But it turns out that both these Texas cougars had mates (purportedly out hunting together over the long weekend around which the trap had been laid). So after a bit of moral/ethical and self-preservational consideration, I opted out.

Texas has a fair amount of leniency about gun use in such situations. So I feel I probably made the right decision. Probably. Maybe.

The ones that caught me? Maybe 110 LBS, give or take ~10 LBS.

While it's not exactly out West, there was a Texas cougar incident. I first met her in college when she had not yet achieved full cougardom, really not all too far removed from being a mere cub. And as such, was more or less harmless at the time.

Anyway, a few years ago, she and cougar-friend of hers set a trap for me in Dallas. Clever, these cougars. Devious even. And potentially very dangerous; all sharp teeth and nails.

And I came close to being caught.

But it turns out that both these Texas cougars had mates (purportedly out hunting together over the long weekend around which the trap had been laid). So after a bit of moral/ethical and self-preservational consideration, I opted out.

Texas has a fair amount of leniency about gun use in such situations. So I feel I probably made the right decision. Probably. Maybe.

Standing ovation, brother! Bravo! Can you please take the fishook out of my cheek now.

Reactions: Jm0513 and mildone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT