ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Would you invest money in this local company?

Will indictments be filed soon?
The guy who owns this life has just been turned into a nightmare. I am sure he was thinking, I just got to keep this under the radar and I can cash out, declare the business bankrupt and retire comfortably. Now, he has been thrust into the spotlight which I am sure is going to raise the scrutiny of the FINRA, SEC, NYSE, NASDAQ, etc. We all know it is always the little guys who pay the biggest price.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Will indictments be filed soon?

Unless I missed something the securities filings were accurate. There may be a pump and dump going on outside the company but what do you see as the illegality as far as the company is concerned?

Reactions: WhiteBus
Unless I missed something the securities filings were accurate. There may be a pump and dump going on outside the company but what do you see as the illegality as far as the company is concerned?
Not to challenge your securities law expertise but a small town deli with $35,000 in annual sales having a market valuation of $100 million just doesn't seem right. Could it be on the up an up? sure. But I am certain that this company will be getting scrutiny from the regulators. Its a joke on Wall Street that only the little fish get punished and largely that is true. In fact, the only large fish I can recall getting punished is Madoff and largely because he was so egregious in his deception, He screwed over alot of wealthy powerful people and the case got so much press attention that the government had no choice but to act.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Not to challenge your securities law expertise but a small town deli with $35,000 in annual sales having a market valuation of $100 million just doesn't seem right. Could it be on the up an up? sure. But I am certain that this company will be getting scrutiny from the regulators. Its a joke on Wall Street that only the little fish get punished and largely that is true. In fact, the only large fish I can recall getting punished is Madoff and largely because he was so egregious in his deception, He screwed over alot of wealthy powerful people and the case got so much press attention that the government had no choice but to act.

It isn't right. But that doesn't mean it's the company. It could be Wall St. You've got Hong Kong, Chinese and Macau companies investing, so it could be a foreign scheme. Remember, people bought Gamestop at $350 per share to "stick it to the man", so it could be pure irrationality. But it does stink.

Reactions: DirtyRU
GOOD STORY.. INTERESTING.. do you guys think this was a case of someone wanting to build the next "jersey Mikes" franchiser type story? Or is something nefarious going on with China involvement? (Apparently, the biggest shareholders are in China) maybe China wants to steal wrestling secrets? Was this Deli hired to spread CoVid?.. the payoff being sales of its stock?

GOOD STORY.. INTERESTING.. do you guys think this was a case of someone wanting to build the next "jersey Mikes" franchiser type story? Or is something nefarious going on with China involvement? (Apparently, the biggest shareholders are in China) maybe China wants to steal wrestling secrets? Was this Deli hired to spread CoVid?.. the payoff being sales of its stock?
are-pumps-and-dumps-illegal.gif

He should have just linked it to Xanadu, er, American Dream, then he really would have been rolling in the cash!

Jersey Mike's owner Pete is a great guy.

Most of the shops are single owner's that pay a franchise fee on gross sales.

I have one friend that owned 6, but he sold out years ago to the guy he originally hired to run his first one, then his second, repeat/rinse. Finally he wanted to move back to Jersey Shore and sold out to the manager.

Nothing about this appears legitimate so I doubt they were really trying to build a business. Can't wait to hear how they did this, but it looks like some type of money laundering scheme to me.

Nothing about this appears legitimate so I doubt they were really trying to build a business. Can't wait to hear how they did this, but it looks like some type of money laundering scheme to me.
could be a scheme for the Macau based investors to try to get their money offshore.

Apologies to the OP. I posted this in the wrestling forum without seeing it posted here.

Jersey Mike's owner Pete is a great guy.

Most of the shops are single owner's that pay a franchise fee on gross sales.

I have one friend that owned 6, but he sold out years ago to the guy he originally hired to run his first one, then his second, repeat/rinse. Finally he wanted to move back to Jersey Shore and sold out to the manager.
I've only met him briefly when he had a corporate event where I worked. Seemed like a nice guy. I'll add I've never heard a bad word from anyone who does know him.

I’ve heard from someone who made it to a very high level at Jersey Mike’s that Pete truly is the real deal, but unfortunately, his children and relatives are going to ruin the entire business.

From a Rutgers perspective, there's nothing to really see. They pay 1,100 a month for office space to do a study in that town in conjunction with the CDC. They are using the space, and $1,100 is not expensive. You think who owns the space is really a concern to them?. Unless the landlord is on some OFAC list, it's gonna pass any review for approval. Duke and Vandy owning shares in a bs corporation is a different story.

Last edited:
I always thought that was the strangest story. And I read somewhere that the deli isn't that good anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT