ADVERTISEMENT

Our Guy Aaron B.

Feb 23, 2020
How great is this guy? His rapid reactions are the best part of RU Basketball other than when the product is performing well. And maybe Knightline. And he's right about NIL. Everything any player says, particularly after season ending loss, you take with grain of salt. Look, say what you want, Mulcahy was as Jersey as it gets. Everyone knows that young man absolutely loved balling for RU. But his role as the PG, which in retrospect now is a joke with product we got this year, was thought to be in jeopardy a year ago. Then he got a bag and left (supposedly bigger than Cam's bag...almost impossible to believe). So what this really all shows is this is a semi-pro, minor league audition now. No loyalty to the school. Even a true Jersey guy like Mulcahy will bolt for a bag. All this means, it's Wild West in the college game now, and everyone is a flight risk to highest bidder.

Nobody's takes are always correct, but he's always fair.

For most people the size of the NIL payouts is too big and life changing to ignore. It doesn't make the kid disloyal or self-centered in particular. It makes them working stiffs like everyone else.

The expectations for these kids changes. What does loyalty now mean? It means transparency with the coaches about your needs and intentions and give your all while you are here. That's about it.

Last edited:
He’s content isn’t bad but he is a really big homer imo. If you’re gonna be a homer I prefer some of the non journalists maybe, like Danny B., who really keep it real and provide the reality along with where the opportunity for positivity could exist.

He’s content isn’t bad but he is a really big homer imo. If you’re gonna be a homer I prefer some of the non journalists maybe, like Danny B., who really keep it real and provide the reality along with where the opportunity for positivity could exist.
Dude works in the city (and not a news agency) just like Danny B

I get it, you’re gonna get on anything positive and make sure you’re critical and cooler than anyone else. Aaron B knows a ton. But this is your thing and the next reply will be “who me?” To try and change the angle.
FWIW, this reply is your typical mo to protect homerism and turn the conversation from the topic at hand to attacking the individual.

The content is ok but he’s a big homer. Danny B is the type of positive guy I prefer. Nothing more nothing less.

FWIW, this reply is your typical mo to protect homerism and turn the conversation from the topic at hand to attacking the individual.

The content is ok but he’s a big homer. Danny B is the type of positive guy I prefer. Nothing more nothing less.
Sure ok

There is, in my opinion, protecting homerism and then reading every one of your negative posts under the guise of “realism” and then saying “who me” and everyone sees it. Aaron and Danny are great but you just couldn’t help popping in here to make sure everyone knew you weren’t a fan of Aaron.

(Next up “isn’t this a forum” etc etc)

Sure ok

There is, in my opinion, protecting homerism and then reading every one of your negative posts under the guise of “realism” and then saying “who me” and everyone sees it. Aaron and Danny are great but you just couldn’t help popping in here to make sure everyone knew you weren’t a fan of Aaron.

(Next up “isn’t this a forum” etc etc)
I make more positive posts than negative fwiw, you prefer to interact with the negative.

In any case, shame on me for chiming in on the topic at hand…

He’s right. You are more likely to get continuity rooting for pro sports now. Every college football and basketball player is a one year contract athlete. It sucks.
I used to love watching guys develop in the program. The milestone watch was always fun (guys scoring 1,000 points or entering into the top 10 at RU in the various categories). Those are going to be rarities now. Like you said, it sucks.

I used to love watching guys develop in the program. The milestone watch was always fun (guys scoring 1,000 points or entering into the top 10 at RU in the various categories). Those are going to be rarities now. Like you said, it sucks.
Imagine not having the portal to improve the roster next year we’d be screwed.

Typical BS from you.

Aaron is great.

You are a Negative freakin Nancy. Aaron is the deal.

Reactions: dpwhite
Imagine not having the portal to improve the roster next year we’d be screwed.
Yes, that's true. But the portal and lax transferring rules are also are the reason why players will leave so quickly for greener pastures.

Hey Aaron , love the recaps and the podcasts !!! And I love the fade toward optimism. But honestly fair and balanced takes.

PS - get yourself a nice digital background! Or maybe you can get a sponsor on a backdrop cloth or something.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Aaron is a good guy. Huge homer. But Gould rut guy. His podcasts are deadly boring though. He needs broadcasting training. Go back To written content

• Haha
Reactions: dpwhite
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT