ADVERTISEMENT

Our starting line-up

Colerr

Junior
May 18, 2009
With the addition of Calhoun, I think our starting line up and depth just got a major boost.

I'm thinking our starting line-up could look like this:

G- Sanders
G- Guirantes
G- Calhoun
F-Carey
C-Jenkins or Harris

We have some major bench depth as well this year.

What do you guys think? I can't wait for our season to start.

Reactions: rutgersron
With the addition of Calhoun, I think our starting line up and depth just got a major boost.

I'm thinking our starting line-up could look like this:

G- Sanders
G- Guirantes
G- Calhoun
F-Carey
C-Jenkins or Harris

We have some major bench depth as well this year.

What do you guys think? I can't wait for our season to start.
I totally agree that the starting line-up will and should include the five players that you have identified. I really believe that the depth at guard will mean that we will be capable of having double digit scoring from each position on the floor. With Broughton, Wilson and Cryor receiving minutes at guard, even the point guard position will average double digits. The problem with last year's team was the lack of balanced scoring. Tyler was the only double-digit scorer.
Any decent coach can find a way to limit an offense with only one scorer. I am surprised that they had the success that they had. Barring injuries, this team should end the NCAA drought.

Reactions: RUClassof67
Can it be Nov.6th already?

Since it's closer to the season, what are everyone's thoughts on our possible starting line up, and our bench depth?

I totally agree that the starting line-up will and should include the five players that you have identified. I really believe that the depth at guard will mean that we will be capable of having double digit scoring from each position on the floor. With Broughton, Wilson and Cryor receiving minutes at guard, even the point guard position will average double digits. The problem with last year's team was the lack of balanced scoring. Tyler was the only double-digit scorer.
Any decent coach can find a way to limit an offense with only one scorer. I am surprised that they had the success that they had. Barring injuries, this team should end the NCAA drought.

I actually think this group of players have better potential than even that. I see a team that is very deep, and a team that can score the basketball. I think we could challenge for the B1G, if we play up to our potential....hopefully this year we can put it all together. This team is the most balanced team we've had in a long time...it will be exciting to see, I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT