ADVERTISEMENT

Over the weekend, Rutgers football offered a 6-foot-5, 300-pound offensive lineman who is also a sprinter (and runs the 100 meters)

Schiano man always tries to recruit, strong and fast.... this guy happens to be big as well 🙂🏈

That's about an 11.5 100 yards, which may be fast for a 300 lb. OL but certainly not sprinters speed even in HS. On the other hand, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I actually played football against Haverford. My survival confirms that they didn't have 300 lb. junior linemen.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Depending on his technique, it seems to me if he has that kind of speed and a sprinter's burst, he should be on the defensive line.

Reactions: Hardslider21
Wouldnt someone with that athleticism project more on defensive side of ball

Could you imagine this young guy making "guest appearances" in the offensive backfield on 3r & short yardage situations? (Remember "The Fridge" of the Chicago Bears?) -He'd be a heck of a factor back there, either carrying the ball or acting as a decoy.

And as far as where he would be used on a regular basis, with his speed and size, I could even see him as an edge rusher on defense. -No matter though, finding him a spot where he'd be the most effective would be a very good "problem" to have.

Last edited:
Could you imagine this young guy making "guest appearances" in the offensive backfield on 3r & short yardage situations? (Remember "The Fridge" of the Chicago Bears?) -He's be a heck of a factor back there, either carrying the ball or acting as a decoy.

And as far as where he would be used on a regular basis, with his speed and size, I could even see him as an edge rusher on defense. -No matter though, finding him a spot where he'd be the most effective would be a very good "problem" to have.

Actually edge rushers are faster. DT or OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT