ADVERTISEMENT

Park City RU watch

Njbound1

Freshman
Jan 29, 2020
If any RU faithful are going to be in Park City this weekend, looking for a good bar to gather and watch on Friday night.
Go RU!!

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
No idea if it’ll be good for the game, but No Name Saloon is one of the best places I’ve ever been to.

Reactions: Njbound1
If any RU faithful are going to be in Park City this weekend, looking for a good bar to gather and watch on Friday night. Go RU!!

A friend in the know says the No Name Bar is the way to go:

"...the outdoor area has overhead heaters. Of course, control of what's on the TVs is first come-first served, so he might want to get there to watch the 2nd half of the game before and ask the bartender to keep TBS on one of the TVs. Upstairs there are a total of 5 TVs, 2 outside and 3 inside. Downstairs bar has about 8 TVs total I think."

He also added: "...No Name won't have the sound on. Collie's Sports bar might have the sound on."

Methinks this thread needs @fsg2, lol

Well, what's funny about that? 😊

I'd help if I could, but PC's outside my jurisdiction. Haven't been in years.

Enjoy the skiing with your daughter, OP. Unfortunately spring seems to be sticking, but there have been some gorgeous bluebird days. If it's not dumping snow, it might as well be clear and sunny.

He also added: "...No Name won't have the sound on. Collie's Sports bar might have the sound on."
No Name is great, but will be a total sh*t show trying to get in....this month is nuts in Park City. Boneyard Saloon is a locals place just outside downtown that's very good and won't have to deal with the BS if your looking for good food, beers and TVs

Well, what's funny about that? 😊

I'd help if I could, but PC's outside my jurisdiction. Haven't been in years.

Enjoy the skiing with your daughter, OP. Unfortunately spring seems to be sticking, but there have been some gorgeous bluebird days. If it's not dumping snow, it might as well be clear and sunny.
Thanks. They had 11” yesterday. I’m happy just to be there!! There’s no such thing as too many bluebird days for me.

No Name is great, but will be a total sh*t show trying to get in....this month is nuts in Park City. Boneyard Saloon is a locals place just outside downtown that's very good and won't have to deal with the BS if your looking for good food, beers and TVs
Thanks. I’ll scout them out before hand to make certain. Thirty plus years is a long time not to get it right!

Park City is awesome. The best snow on earth. You simply cannot beat the Canyons, Deer Valley, or Park City Mountain. I brought my family of 4 there and we had a blast. While you're there, make sure you visit Freshies for lobster rolls and try to hit up the Patagonia outlet in Salt Lake City before you leave.

BTW, we always stayed at either the Royal Plaza at Deer Valley or Marriott Mountainside. Both have full kitchens so we rarely ate out. We always cooked so I am pretty useless when it comes to restaurant or bar recommendations. (I am a dad with a 6 and an 8 year old, and a husband as well.)

I can also suggest to get some of that Park City coffee when you hit up Fresh Market (think Shop Rite of PC) for groceries.

I have been to Vail and Jackson Hole. I also go to Mammoth Mountain as a CA resident, but Park City is definitely my favorite place to ski in the whole world.

Park City is awesome. The best snow on earth. You simply cannot beat the Canyons, Deer Valley, or Park City Mountain. I brought my family of 4 there and we had a blast. While you're there, make sure you visit Freshies for lobster rolls and try to hit up the Patagonia outlet in Salt Lake City before you leave.

BTW, we always stayed at either the Royal Plaza at Deer Valley or Marriott Mountainside. Both have full kitchens so we rarely ate out. We always cooked so I am pretty useless when it comes to restaurant or bar recommendations. (I am a dad with a 6 and an 8 year old, and a husband as well.)

I can also suggest to get some of that Park City coffee when you hit up Fresh Market (think Shop Rite of PC) for groceries.

I have been to Vail and Jackson Hole. I also go to Mammoth Mountain as a CA resident, but Park City is definitely my favorite place to ski in the whole world.
So I didn’t need to spend all that money at the Patagonia in Park City proper?

I think you're selling the other side of the ridge short, but PC is a great all-around ski town. Also a great summer town.

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
NOW THIS IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
The same group owns the Bone Yard Saloon, No Name, Annex, and Butcher’s Chop House. Below is my email to their manager and his response:

“Hi Jason,
As a long-suffering Rutgers fan that’s waited 30 years to see the Scarlet Knights return to the NCAA tournament, me and my daughter (legal age) are looking for the best place to watch the game this Friday night at 7:20pm local time. Considering all of your many restaurants and bars, which do you think would be the best choice? Having the sound on would be a definite plus.
Many Thanks,
Rob”

“ Good evening Rob,
Let's get you and your daughter taken care of! I suggest watching the game in our Wine Dive at the Boneyard Saloon. I have made a reservation for the two of you (please ensure you and your daughter have IDs, we check everyone). The table I have arranged for your reservation is in front of a TV. You will receive an email confirmation from Resy.com. You are booked, this Friday, 7:15pm for 2 people (the table seats 4 if you have joiners), we'll have the Rutgers game on that channel.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Best of luck to your team!

Kind regards,
Jason”

Thanks to all for the suggestions!!
Go RU!!

RU 85- Most of the posters here are from the NY or NJ area. There's simply no pizza place in Utah that compares to the great pizza places in NY or NJ. Don't get pizza there if you're from NJ or NY. You will be disappointed. Get the turkey chili in Deer Valley instead!
I know that. My buddy has a place across the street about 250 feet up the hill. Not saying it’s good, but it’s Park City good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT