ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Mulcahy highlights

So I guess McConnell is now a small forward for 12 minutes a game and should get good looks from 3 range.

Is there any freshman since Mike Rosario who has had this much attention before he got to Rutgers? I hope Coach Pike can find ways to keep pressure off him, both off the court and on.

I didn't see one dunk in those highlights. Kid must not be that good.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: RU-ROCS
Is there any freshman since Mike Rosario who has had this much attention before he got to Rutgers? I hope Coach Pike can find ways to keep pressure off him, both off the court and on.
I dont get that. Where is the pressure from? I dont think he's viewed as a savior type or anything. Nor needed as such.

Reactions: RUsojo
RUforJersey, I am not viewing him that way,but speaking to various fans at the games last season, many are. The media may too. I just hope people are not expecting him to be Pete Maravich .

I actually like his low release point on his outside shot that some on here have mentioned as being a problem. He’s a 6’6” perimeter player who pounds the dribble. He should at least be efficient on his outside shots while improving his skills. Ben Simmons of the Sixers still can’t shoot free throws or 3’s partly because his release point is high and he’s never shot a lot from outside before.

Paul is not a scorer like Pistol Pete. He would rather get an assist than score. Let's not put pressure on him to be a scorer. Pistol Pete never saw a shot he didn't like.

I wonder if it is really true that his Dad would drive him to school and he would dribble the basketball outside the car the whole way ? lol

Reactions: DirtyRU
Owl and Knights1212, been a Rutgers Basketball fan since 1976. If you had to say yes or no, do you see us at least getting to the NIT this season?

Owl and Knights1212, been a Rutgers Basketball fan since 1976. If you had to say yes or no, do you see us at least getting to the NIT this season?
11.5 rebounds per game and 1.3 blocks per game just left in EO and SD. Doucoure needs to step up bigly.

He looks really good. The knock on him was his defense and shooting which prevented him from being ranked higher. Hopefully pike can fix that.

He will be exciting to watch on the banks the next few years. Looking forward to it.

We used to have a bunch of athletes who were only kind of basketball players. Mulcahy is a basketball player who isn't an explosive athlete. There's definitely a place for that in college basketball.

We used to have a bunch of athletes who were only kind of basketball players. Mulcahy is a basketball player who isn't an explosive athlete. There's definitely a place for that in college basketball.

.....provided that they are competent perimeter shooters.

I didn't see one dunk in those highlights. Kid must not be that good.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He's got Larry Bird ups. Let's hope he's got Larry's other skill set too. ;)

Personally I will be a little disappointed if we don't at least make the NIT this coming season. Last year we finished as the # 78 team in the nation in Kenpom. I would hope we can move up to at least a # 60 or so this coming season.

Reactions: Scangg
Personally I will be a little disappointed if we don't at least make the NIT this coming season. Last year we finished as the # 78 team in the nation in Kenpom. I would hope we can move up to at least a # 60 or so this coming season.

Shhhhhhhhhh....we are going dancing.......don’t tell anybody.

After seeing Yeboah in some summer RAC action and checking Big Ten rosters, I’m optimistic that RU has enough at the PF and C slots to hold their own down low. Purdue is huge, but most of the other teams in the conference aren’t going to overwhelm with size down low.

After seeing Yeboah in some summer RAC action and checking Big Ten rosters, I’m optimistic that RU has enough at the PF and C slots to hold their own down low. Purdue is huge, but most of the other teams in the conference aren’t going to overwhelm with size down low.
Be careful what you wish for. You only need one guy to start taking over on 1v1 matchups. Off the top of my head, Ohio State's Kaleb Wesson and Illinois' Giorgi had our number last year. I'm really hoping our group of big guys can get the best of them. They're going to play a big part in how far we go.

Be careful what you wish for. You only need one guy to start taking over on 1v1 matchups. Off the top of my head, Ohio State's Kaleb Wesson and Illinois' Giorgi had our number last year. I'm really hoping our group of big guys can get the best of them. They're going to play a big part in how far we go.
You’re right that there are skilled big men in the BigTen and they are going to do damage. Heck, Nebraska has a large roster overall, and two guards listed at 6’8”. Giorgi dominated against RU last year and Wesson was almost NBA bound. When EO left, I was concerned that teams would dominate the boards, foul out Johnson and score at will every game. I think if Doucoure has made any progress whatsoever and Yaboah plays tough, RU might be able to keep the rebounding margin even most games. I’d be tempted to play some pressure D with Young and Mathis out there and Johnson as rim protector in order to create turnovers and prevent teams from setting up and dominating with their half court offense all game long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT