ADVERTISEMENT

Who Does this Team Miss More...

Paul is better at those things and you seem to agree. Paul was a tough guy down low and he made Cliff so much better … Mulcahy made them all better. Frankly if you actually knew anything about what we lost then you might see why Cam is now a part of a much better team . People continue to badmouth this former Rutgers Alum. If Paul was here running the point or working with JMike we would be a much more productive club .
I'm not badmouthing Paul. I like Paul. I think Cam is a more valuable basketball player.

I'm not badmouthing Paul. I like Paul. I think Cam is a more valuable basketball player.
He would not be a leader here… Paul would have been a leader of the youngsters ( JM - Simpson- GG) Cliff would have had his guy. When are you folks gonna understand . Pike is a good coach but can not develop an offense.

Never said you were badmouthing anyone most importantly Paul. Idiot fans from the time he announced his decision were wishing him failure at Washington… go back and look at the early posts. Same with Cam…

GUARDS…GUARDS…. GUARDS is and always has been the answer to winning basketball games and tournaments. Right now I’ll say it again.., Next season Derek and JMike run the show.
No.Harper runs the show by passing to Bailey or shooting off the dribble.Simpson and Davis are complementary players.

Reactions: Scangg
No.Harper runs the show by passing to Bailey or shooting off the dribble.Simpson and Davis are complementary players.
Hey I'm perfectly ok with that… I said Harper, Gavin Griffiths , Ace Bailey , J Mike and a B1G…

I think we would have won more games with Mulcahy. They would have targeted Spencer and he would have had some bad runs of games. I think with Mulcahy's passing many of the teammates would have been much better-particularly Cliff and Gavin.

Reactions: RUBOB72
I don’t think so. I bet we bring in a ball distributor. It doesn’t even appear Dylan plays the primary PG role on his HS team. The kid going to Howard does.

No, our guards get Cliff the ball just fine, but he's almost incapable of doing anything with it. Many of us would have a better handle on the ball and court awareness than Cliff with our eyes closed and drunk.

Cliff gets alley oops from these guards too. The difference between last year and this year is that defenses now collapse on Cliff because we have no consistent three point shooters to defend instead. With Spencer on the court, teams didn't focus on Cliff. Better strategy to let Cliff shoot rather than Spencer.

Paul added nothing except whining and flopping.
Terrible take

I don’t think so. I bet we bring in a ball distributor. It doesn’t even appear Dylan plays the primary PG role on his HS team. The kid going to Howard does.
Technically, sure fine. Someone else can dribble the ball up the court

Dylan and Ace are going to be where the offense is running through. Dylan will be relied on to make things happen with the ball in his hands

Technically, sure fine. Someone else can dribble the ball up the court

Dylan and Ace are going to be where the offense is running through. Dylan will be relied on to make things happen with the ball in his hands

It’s not just that. After seeing the Ramapo game, I just think Dylan will be at his best playing along a pass first type of complementary guard. He seems to have that now in HS. It doesn’t mean he will never bring the ball up or that he can’t play some point. Curry had that situation his junior year. It’s the best example out there because obviously Curry ran the point for Davidson the following year and still put up big numbers but Davidson as a team wasn’t quite as good and missed the tourney Curry’s senior year.

This is a tough call for me.

My initial thought is Spencer, because we so desperately need someone who can actually put the ball through the rim. He also brings a lot of other things that fill the stat sheet. But if you look at his scoring last year, he was assisted on 62% of his shots (61.2% this year so far). We don't really have anyone who can consistently get him the ball on the roster right now, and he'd be the immediate focal point of every defense we face because we have no other shooters/scorers.

On the flip side, we desperately need a distributor who can get the ball in the hands of players in a position to score and makes the team better around him - which Mulcahy brings. But he himself is hesitant to shoot and isn't really putting points on the board himself.

We'd be much better if we had both back, but if I had to pick only one.... I'd probably hedge very slightly to Spencer.

Hmmmmm do I want the second leading scorer for the number one team in the country or a guy who's been playing about half the game for a bottom 3 Pac-12 team? Tough call...

After the talk of Mulcahy losing minutes, he's had a very good stretch the last three games, averaging 27.0 min and 13.0 pts (.714 FG%, .500 3P%, 1.000 FT%).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT